Status
Not open for further replies.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Recently purchased the eleaf Lemo rta and thought I'd share a build on this fantastic rta.

Here is a couple pics for comparison's sake to a KFL clone base.

Lemo on the left, you can see that the center air hole is more then double the size of a Kayfun. The build deck is much larger as well. The base has 4 air holes spaced 90 degrees apart.

It is important to note that the Lemo is 23mm! Fine on my Cloupor box, but will overhang a bit on a 22mm mech.

Lemo on the left again, a comparison of the decks and chimney. The Lemo's chimney is huge.

This build is for use on my Cloupor 30 Watt box. It is 12 wraps of 26ga Kanthal with an ID of 2.2mm for just shy of 1.4Ω. Plenty of room on the deck for this huge coil. You can also see how deeply the liquid channels are cut in this pic.

Wicked with CVS Organic cotton ball. I prefer the cotton thicker through the coil, which for me, gives less popping and better flavor.

Bunny ear style, wicks positioned upward with chimney base installed.

Tails tucked and ready to be primed.

A test fire at 25 watts.

A pic of the bottom with the lower base section removed. Fill port screw on the left. Some rubber plugs are included with the kit, which I have not tried yet for "tool less" filling. I have been using a syringe to fill it, but a needle bottle or even a plastic needle bottle would work fine. It easily holds 5 ml.

Air flow is adjusted by turning the ring around the center pin in either direction. A small screw driver is helpful for this. It seems to hold it's position fine, but obviously can't be adjusted "on the fly", seeing as the bottom base section must be removed and a tool is required.

Fully assembled on my Cloupor box and vaping nicely at 20 watts. Air flow through the Lemo is amazing, being even more open then my Fogger V4, which makes it great for larger coil/higher wattage builds. I have to dial the airflow down for my taste, even with this build. I prefer mouth to lung hits, just like how I smoked, but air flow is big enough through it wide open to lung hit it. Flavor with the Lemo is sharper then my Kayfun and Taifun GT, and rivals that of my Expromizer which was my previous favorite. The Lemo's airflow spanks the Expromizer.

I did make one minor modification to it, and that was to add a small o-ring underneath the adjustable positive pin on the lower section of the base. When the adjustable pin is loosened, it moves fairly easily and I found myself having to re-adjust when re-mounting it on the Cloupor box. The o-ring helped hold the adjustment where I wanted it and can now screw it back on the Cloupor without having to adjust the pin every time.

I purchased the Lemo from Vaper Company for $33.95 with free shipping. I'll be purchasing another. :)

EDIT: The drip tip pictured in the last photo did not come with the Lemo. While the included drip tip worked just fine, I prefer this one for look and feel.

Last edited:

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Thanks for posting this. I have been interested in this since pbusardo put out a video... I may have to order one of these. Do you find yourself reaching for this over your kayfun?

Yes. IMO, the Lemo outperforms a standard Kayfun.

A big difference though, which will be a plus for some, and a minus for others, is that the Lemo's tank is pyrex glass. For me, that means the Lemo is going to stay at home, and KFL on a mech gets the out and about duty.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Air flow is already outstanding, but.......

As an experiment, I opened the air flow completely and took a draw on it with bottom base section on (where the air holes are) and also with it removed, and could not tell the difference. So IMO, drilling it would be a waste of time. The air holes are adequate for the flow of the center pin.

Dshobe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2014
Denver, CO
The glass tank, larger capacity and similarly to a Kayfun/Russian is what sold me. It's too bad that it's not a threaded glass tank, but for the price the Lemo looks great. The way the glass tank is setup really reminds me of the pro/Aero tanks. I never had a problem with that style leaking. I do wish that the AFC was an outer control ring style as pbusardo suggests in his review, but really, once it's adjusted I tend to leave it. I hope that the threads are as nice as my Russian 91.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
nice looking build vapreis and good job on the review! I know you mentioned its a 23mm tank, how much taller is it then lets say a kayfun? all stainless? thanks

It is all stainless steel. Minus the drip tips, and without a ruler, I'd guess it to be about 1/4" taller then a Kayfun lite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread