The Lemo RTA: A Build With Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dshobe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2014
Denver, CO
Alistairs, I did notice with the coil I built myself that it fired quicker. It still had a bit of a lag, but nothing like the factory coil. Perhaps the lag is inherent to the Lemo? I put the same basic coil in the Lemo that I put in the Russian 91. With all the weird issues I've been having with the Lemo tonight I just put the Russian back in action. Futz with the Lemo tomorrow.

alistairs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Castro Valley, CA, USA
Raise your wattage (power) if you haven't already. I'm vaping my 1.6 ohm coil at 14w and am happy there. Might try higher tomorrow but I'm a flavor junkie rather than a cloud chaser.

This helped big time! After the third rewick, it was still pretty funky, so I just cranked it up to 15W and behold I have vapor! Still need to find my sweet spot, but at least I'm encouraged enough to keep trying. Many thanks.

alistairs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Castro Valley, CA, USA
Alistairs, I did notice with the coil I built myself that it fired quicker. It still had a bit of a lag, but nothing like the factory coil. Perhaps the lag is inherent to the Lemo? I put the same basic coil in the Lemo that I put in the Russian 91. With all the weird issues I've been having with the Lemo tonight I just put the Russian back in action. Futz with the Lemo tomorrow.

Thanks for the info. This is definitely my toy for the weekend! Will try my own coil soon.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Messing around with the AFC tonight, it seems to loosen the center post as well. Which in turn has really been changing the resistance. It has been as low as 0.4, and up to 2.4. It started as a 1.6 ohm build.

That shouldn't happen. You are turning the outer ring that is threaded on the center post and not the center post itself, correct?

The AFC ring on mine spins easily and couldn't loosen the center post by adjusting it, so maybe the center post needs a snug.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO

Make certain the bottom base section is tight so that it makes good contact with the center post inside. If it's not, I've gotten higher resistance readings that might explain your unexpected lag.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
So I tightened the center post, and that cured the issue up. I thought it was adjustable as well as the adjustable 510 post on the base section. Oops! Please forgive my ignorance, the Russian was my first RTA, and the Lemo is my 2nd. The Lemo is back to kicking ....! Thanks VaPreis!

The center pin that holds the positive block on is not adjustable and should be kept tight, but the center pin for the 510 connection is adjustable. Mine was pretty tight when I got it, but it can be adjusted if you need to for a different mod.

Thraizer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Nj
Vapemail! just got my lemo, wow this thing is huge! mine came with a coil already in it and a bunch of extra stuff in the box. Dismantled the coil and gave it some good 'ol cleaning and built me a 1.3Ω macro coil. So far..I am liking it! looks pretty good on my cana mod and I'm surprised that I do not get any dry hits. I did what the op said about the adjustable pin on the 510 connection, put an o-ring on the pin to extend it a bit and to keep the pin from unscrewing/screwing when I take the tank off. I just used one of the o-ring on the screw driver that came with it and works perfect. I might get me another one, huge tank capacity will take me a couple of days. Need another for a different flavor :D

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Right, for some reason I thought that the center pin needed to be lowered to make contact with the 510 on the base. Uhhh, duh. Nope. Can't wait to try a dual coil build later today!

I was just watching pbusardo's review again, and he claims that the center screw to the positive block is adjustable for hybriding with the Evic Supreme. I'd have to take mine apart, but I believe he is incorrect on that.

Good luck with the dual coil build! The 28ga seemed to be pretty easy to work with in terms of capturing both wires under the screw at the same time. So easy, that I may try 27ga next time.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I received my Lemo's today. Built them, vaped them. I've noticed they don't hold a vacuum very well. On it's side they leaked all over the place. Tossed them.

This style of tank (kayfun style) is prone to that if the liquid level is low enough to expose one of the liquid channels to the air pocket in the tank when it's laid on it's side.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
This style of tank (kayfun style) is prone to that if the liquid level is low enough to expose one of the liquid channels to the air pocket in the tank when it's laid on it's side.
I had no problems with leaks before on my Kayfun clone. Heck, I could vape standing on my head if I wanted to. :D

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I had no problems with leaks before on my Kayfun clone. Heck, I could vape standing on my head if I wanted to. :D

Maybe try a little more wicking. I've built mine twice with cotton, but I cover the liquid channel without over packing the cotton and I haven't had that problem yet.

bholcomb22

Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Denver, CO
So I tightened the center post, and that cured the issue up. I thought it was adjustable as well as the adjustable 510 post on the base section. Oops! Please forgive my ignorance, the Russian was my first RTA, and the Lemo is my 2nd. The Lemo is back to kicking ....! Thanks VaPreis!

Did this mess up your build???? Mine is reading at 1.3 ohms then 5.1 ohms then 2.7 ohms..... It also shorted out... Frustrating when you have 4.5 mls of e liquid in it haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread