The Lemo RTA: A Build With Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
When you tightened it up, it did destroy your build though?? I'm at work and don't want to mess with it if it destroys the build.

I actually removed my center post completely so I could drill the air holes bigger, I didn't even remove the wicks! Stuck it back together with no issues.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Yes, I need to determine what the optimal fill point is. Apparently I got it right Thursday night when I built it. Then I refilled Saturday night and oh, boy :p. Got some out and all was well in Roxy's vaping world again.

I've been filling mine completely, like to the point of one very small bubble. But I also thin the tails of my wicks down to maybe 1/3 of the coil diameter to really allow good juice flow. I haven't had any leaks yet, not one...except for when I forgot to close the fill port, LOL!

edit: I vape at 20+ watts, and suffer no flavor loss at all. in fact, these tanks literally taste better than any of my drippers!

Last edited:

Nuclear Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2014
Memphis, TN
Yeah i rebuilt mind 3/32nd with 26 gauge and I'm liking it a lot more! Now i just got to fix this resistance reading incorrectly issue..

Yeah, I like mine with 26ga better also. That said, I got up this morning and did a dual coil 28ga 1.0ohm build like VaPreis pictured and I'm really digging that one too. :vapor:

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Yes, I need to determine what the optimal fill point is. Apparently I got it right Thursday night when I built it. Then I refilled Saturday night and oh, boy :p. Got some out and all was well in Roxy's vaping world again.

A couple times now, I have accidentally filled it to the top to the point where it spilled back out of the fill port.

It vaped with no problem. I do vape 50/50's though, and I usually try to leave a small air pocket anyway.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I am also using a 50/50 juice. Hmm, wonder what the problem was then? I kept having to do do primer puffs until I finally took some out.

I did find replacement glass. 2 pack for $2.95 and free shipping:
Elite Vaporworks Eleaf lemo RTA Replacement Glass - 2 Pack - Rebuildable Atomizers and Supplies

Nice find, thanks. Just ordered a 2 pack. I had a Visa gift card with $3.03 left on it and couldn't find anything to use it for until now. Score! Now, if my dang Lemo would just show up...

Last edited:

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Got me lemo today, impressed with the extra you get with this, and even though I didn't use it, that prebuilt coil is the nicest looking coil I have ever seen come in a device.

I did leave it soaking while I slept today, and after soaking for a few hours, was quite surprised to see the fill screw had rusted a bit, not even had that from $15 atties from fasttech, but not a major deal, so went onto building it.

1st I tried doing a build with 24 gauge coming out to 0.60ohms, but hardly had any flavor, so rebuilt using 28 gauge coming out to 1.10ohm, the flavor is better, but nothing really special, and am getting some dry hits, but that could be my wicking and have to play with it more.

I will say the airflow is huge on the lemo, I normally run with air flow wide open on everything I use, but I did have to dial it back on the lemo.

9a3WMNa.jpg

z7pTrpy.jpg

bholcomb22

Verified Member
    May 13, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Got me lemo today, impressed with the extra you get with this, and even though I didn't use it, that prebuilt coil is the nicest looking coil I have ever seen come in a device.

I did leave it soaking while I slept today, and after soaking for a few hours, was quite surprised to see the fill screw had rusted a bit, not even had that from $15 atties from fasttech, but not a major deal, so went onto building it.

1st I tried doing a build with 24 gauge coming out to 0.60ohms, but hardly had any flavor, so rebuilt using 28 gauge coming out to 1.10ohm, the flavor is better, but nothing really special, and am getting some dry hits, but that could be my wicking and have to play with it more.

I will say the airflow is huge on the lemo, I normally run with air flow wide open on everything I use, but I did have to dial it back on the lemo.

Hmmmmm... I'm really surprised to hear about the lack of wicking and lack of flavor.... Those are definitely going hand in hand. I have had 0 issues with wicking, and vaping my kayfun right next to the Lemo the flavor is almost the same, I honestly think the Lemo is a bit better.

What are you using for wick?

Do you have experience with kayfun lites?

bholcomb22

Verified Member
    May 13, 2014
    Denver, CO

So I fixed my Lemo last night.....

For the people that haven't kept up with this thread. Myself and a couple other people had an issue where the resistance was not reading correctly from the Lemo. It would go from 1.2 ohms to 3 ohms to 5 ohms to .7 ohms etc....

This caused my IVP2 to fire my lemo at about 7 volts with airflow tightened up and burned the crap out my wick and my mouth....:mad:

This fix to this problem is to take off the base section, and tighten up the connection screw. Once I did this my atty is holding steady at 1.2 ohms and working like a dream.

I vaped on it for an entire day without noticing the resistance bouncing around... It was weird some of my hits were fine somewhere a bit hotter than others, then I started checking the resistance... I would recommend everyone tightens down that screw..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread