Status
Not open for further replies.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Hmmmmm... I'm really surprised to hear about the lack of wicking and lack of flavor.... Those are definitely going hand in hand. I have had 0 issues with wicking, and vaping my kayfun right next to the Lemo the flavor is almost the same, I honestly think the Lemo is a bit better.

What are you using for wick?

Do you have experience with kayfun lites?

Yes got plenty of experience with kayfun lites, use to have 6 of them ;)

I'm using japanese cotton for wick.

I actually did a 3rd build last night, went back to 24 gauge at 8 wraps to get a 0.55ohm coil, and this build is working better, more flavor than before, and no dry hits, gone through half of tank and working pretty good, have had very slight leaking from air holes a few times, but nothing major, the build deck is a lot larger than kayfuns, so not getting as much wick down there as a kayfun, so think need to leave my wick a little longer than I would normally and fluff it up more.

Still playing with it, and can see once I learned how it likes things, it will be a good working topper, might even try dual coils this weekend, as that is what I am use to with my foggers :)

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS

So I fixed my Lemo last night.....

For the people that haven't kept up with this thread. Myself and a couple other people had an issue where the resistance was not reading correctly from the Lemo. It would go from 1.2 ohms to 3 ohms to 5 ohms to .7 ohms etc....

This caused my IVP2 to fire my lemo at about 7 volts with airflow tightened up and burned the crap out my wick and my mouth....:mad:

This fix to this problem is to take off the base section, and tighten up the connection screw. Once I did this my atty is holding steady at 1.2 ohms and working like a dream.

I vaped on it for an entire day without noticing the resistance bouncing around... It was weird some of my hits were fine somewhere a bit hotter than others, then I started checking the resistance... I would recommend everyone tightens down that screw..

I had seen you posting about this, and I checked the connection screw on my 1st build, it was already tight, but still good to know for others with the same problem :)

BNEAT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Yes got plenty of experience with kayfun lites, use to have 6 of them ;)

I'm using japanese cotton for wick.

I actually did a 3rd build last night, went back to 24 gauge at 8 wraps to get a 0.55ohm coil, and this build is working better, more flavor than before, and no dry hits, gone through half of tank and working pretty good, have had very slight leaking from air holes a few times, but nothing major, the build deck is a lot larger than kayfuns, so not getting as much wick down there as a kayfun, so think need to leave my wick a little longer than I would normally and fluff it up more.

Still playing with it, and can see once I learned how it likes things, it will be a good working topper, might even try dual coils this weekend, as that is what I am use to with my foggers :)

I switched to duals after 2 ho-hum single builds: 2.2dia-28ga-.6 ohms stuffed with Rayon with thinned tails...like REALLY thinned tails! The flavor really shined with the duals, it actually taste better than my Foggers, so I assume it's better than my kayfuns, but I haven't used them in a while. I did a side by side with my favorite TOBH dripper, and I swear, the Lemo tasted better!

For reference, I'm vaping at 20-30 watts. I cranked the Lemo up to 50ish watts, but I couldn't chain it at that heat: felt like an elephant jumped on my chest! But I'm sure it would keep up.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    z7pTrpy.jpg

btw, what mod is this? It looks like it fits perfectly with the Lemo...Me want!

BNEAT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Yes they go well together, as a 23mm mod ;)

It is the turtle ship V2, I got it at focalecig - $22.87 Turtle Ship V2 Style Electronic Cigarette Mechanical Mod-Black

Thanx, I'm all over that!

Yeah, that fill port screw is not stainless steel. I know because its magnetic. Helpful for getting it in and out as it sticks to my screwdriver, but it might rust.

I did away with the fill screw and use that round silicon fill plug thingy that came in the bag of goodies. It works great, and I love being able to fill without the use of tools

bholcomb22

Verified Member
    May 13, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Thanx, I'm all over that!

I did away with the fill screw and use that round silicon fill plug thingy that came in the bag of goodies. It works great, and I love being able to fill without the use of tools

Hmmmmm. I didn't see that! Glad you mentioned it. I would love to not have to use a screw driver to fill my tank

Thraizer

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 22, 2012
    Nj
    Ordered another Lemo last night from Vaper Company. A black one this time to top my new Cloupor T5. Should be a great combo!

Same here, ordered a black one this morning. I'll be using the black one on my cana or ipv2 and the ss will go on my stingray x. So far no major issues, getting a little bit of condensation on the bottom part and that's about it.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 5, 2013
    St. Louis, MO
    VaPreis... Make sure you DO NOT update the firmware on the T5 yet.... There is an error with the current file that bricks the unit.

I read about that. Thanks. I'm having a little buyer's remorse after reading that some have had trouble with the t5, but mine is working great so far.

Plus, my wife manages the store where I bought it, so I should be taken care of if there's a problem with it. :)

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Well, the Lemo has landed. Of course, like an idiot, I don't have any rayon with me and I'm a little skeptical of the included cotton. I have everything else though, lol. As previously noted, the pre-built coil looks pretty good. Metered at 1.1ohm. Guess I'll get to fire it up when I get home this evening. Looks pretty nice on my black DNA30 box.

A photographer I am not:

RJxyBb.jpg

BNEAT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Well, the Lemo has landed. Of course, like an idiot, I don't have any rayon with me and I'm a little skeptical of the included cotton. I have everything else though, lol. As previously noted, the pre-built coil looks pretty good. Metered at 1.1ohm. Guess I'll get to fire it up when I get home this evening. Looks pretty nice on my black DNA30 box.

The factory installed coil looked so good I just had to try it. (no way I was using that wick though) It was wrapped with 26ga, so at 20ish watts it took forever to heat up, and at 30-35 watts it worked great, but it about knocked my head off! I tried a nice 28ga single build that worked fine, but it didn't take long to realize I wanted duals.

bholcomb22

Verified Member
    May 13, 2014
    Denver, CO
    The factory installed coil looked so good I just had to try it. (no way I was using that wick though) It was wrapped with 26ga, so at 20ish watts it took forever to heat up, and at 30-35 watts it worked great, but it about knocked my head off! I tried a nice 28ga single build that worked fine, but it didn't take long to realize I wanted duals.

So I'm guessing everyone that is running dual coils on the Lemo are opening the airflow and doing lung hits? I would just imagine with the airflow restricted for mouth to lung a dual coil would be way too hot.

I do want to put a dual coil in and try it out, but haven't had the time.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Finally got my Lemo up and running. This is my first rebuildable and, on the third attempt, I managed to cobble together a perfectly ugly 1.2ohm coil wicked with rayon. It took entirely too long to accomplish, lol. I was going to use the pretty pre-built coil but figured there was no time like the present to spin up my first coil.

Airflow on this thing is insane. I have it wide open at 20W and it is *very* airy. Flavor is kind of muted compared to my BVC equipped Nautilus. Probably need to restrict the airflow a bit, I guess. All in all, I'm very happy with it given that I have nothing but the Nautilus/BVC combo to compare it to.

One issue - I can't get the top chimney pieces screwed together flush, as shown below. I'm not entirely sure why. After wicking the coil, I screwed the bottom of the chimney piece on, tucked the wick tails, slid the glass on, and screwed in the top part of the chimney while it was attached to the top cap. I didn't want to manhandle it too much for fear of cracking the glass. Am I doing something wrong?

NZszHC.jpg

Last edited:

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Finally got my Lemo up and running. This is my first rebuildable and, on the third attempt, I managed to cobble together perfectly ugly 1.2ohm coil wicked with rayon. It took entirely too long to accomplish, lol. I was going to use the pretty pre-built coil but figured there was no time like the present to spin up my first coil.

Airflow on this thing is insane. I have it wide open at 20W and it is *very* airy. Flavor is kind of muted compared to my BVC equipped Nautilus. Probably need to restrict the airflow a bit, I guess. All in all, I'm very happy with it given that I have nothing but the Nautilus/BVC combo to compare it to.

One issue - I can't get the top chimney pieces screwed together flush, as shown below. I'm not entirely sure why. After wicking the coil, I screwed the bottom of the chimney piece on, tucked the wick tails, slid the glass on, and screwed in the top part of the chimney while it was attached to the top cap. I didn't want to manhandle it too much for fear of cracking the glass. Am I doing something wrong?

NZszHC.jpg

You need to screw the top part of the chimney onto the bottom part and then screw in the top cap, then it will be flush ;)

In my experince, more air is less flavor, I like a lot of air, but lemo has huge air flow and closed mine a lot to get more flavor.

Congrats on doing your 1st coils, your be a expert at coiling in no time ;)

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    You need to screw the top part of the chimney onto the bottom part and then screw in the top cap, then it will be flush ;)

In my experince, more air is less flavor, I like a lot of air, but lemo has huge air flow and closed mine a lot to get more flavor.

Congrats on doing your 1st coils, your be a expert at coiling in no time ;)

Awesome, thanks Nailz. When this tank is empty I'll assemble it properly. It shouldn't take long at the rate I'm sucking up the juice. I'll dial the airflow back immediately. Through some random stroke of luck, I think I got the wicking spot on. I was pretty worried that I would screw up the wicking and have to dump the tank and re-wick it. At least something went right, lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread