The Life of a PCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

reynlds2

Oct 13, 2011
Champaign. IL
Hello fellow V4L enthusiasts!

I was wondering if there was a typical life-length for the PCC. The last couple I've ordered work great for a few months, then gradually get weaker. The one I am using now is about 3 months in, and only charges about half way. With a dead battery, the PCC's charge light (red) will be on for a good 30 minutes, then suddenly turn off, even when attached to my laptop. So the vape gets weak very fast. The same happened with the past PCC's I've ordered. At 5 months, they usually go completely dead. This happens with my brand new batteries as well. I will charge overnight for the first few months, now I have to charge before every vape session (usually 5-6 drags).

Is this normal? :confused: Comments are welcome!

Much thanks! :vapor:

reynlds2

Oct 13, 2011
Champaign. IL
Hi Marandir, good guess on the sir! Just to clarify, the PCC will charge itself no problem. The problem comes with charging the battery.

So while my battery is screwed in to the PCC, and the PCC is plugged in to my laptop, both lights will be on. So both the PCC and battery are charging. When the battery is about half charged, the PCC will stop charging it (red light turns off). Though, the PCC itself will continue to charge up (that red light will stay lit). Does that make sense? Sorry if it's a little confusing!

To answer - I have occasionally drained the PCC fully, but only a couple of times. For the first few months I will only use it overnight, every night. I'll connect the PCC's usb to my laptop and charge the battery full. So in the morning both the PCC and battery are fully charged. After a few months, the PCC will charge itself fully, but will only charge the battery about half way. This gradually gets worse week by week. Now I use it both overnight, and during the day. I have to charge it before every vape session in order to get a barely decent throat hit. Very weak! Will only last about 10 pulls.

Every week I will take a dry toothbrush and gently scrub my equipment to clean (battery, pcc, tanks). Everything looks very clean, no gunk, no scratches.

I'm happy to answer any more questions! Much thanks

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Reynlds2 sir with the pcc you want to fully drain it before charging it each time. Have a feeling the battery in the pcc is no longer charging to it's full capacity and thus no longer charging the battery connected to it to it's full capacity (even though you have it plugged into your laptop the battery is still being charged from the battery of the pcc). If it doesn't have enough power to give the batt, the batt won't charge completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread