The M401 Smart PCC (for real this time)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
*NEW* M401 SMART PCC (Exclusively for M401) - Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarettes | E-Cigarettes | E-Cigs from Smoore

Ok now...From what i understand, this is what the whole thing means.

The M401 PCC will completely shut and charge the M401 and M401 batteries only.

The M402 PCC will completely shut and charge both M402 and M403 batteries.

Using the wrong batteries on the wrong PCC will either cause the lid to not completely shut or cause the battery to sink into the charging slot. They will still charge though, as the threads are exactly the same for M401/2/3 batteries (as we already know).

This should explain everything. The whole confusion really made my "go to" supplier look bad. I hope they buck up from now on or they will make ME look bad on the forums for recommending them.

Its still a great PCC both function and appearance wise and price should be one of the lowest around for the same smart PCC.

slybootz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Chicago
www.jimmyk.rocks
Just a word on my 402/403 pcc...

i've been using it for a couple of weeks so far and no problems! I do use my 401 batteries in it, and just don't let the top close. Manual batteries DO work with this PCC(the e-vap from absolutelyecigs), but I had to cut a little notch in the foam to be able to insert/remove my manual batts with ease.

I read elsewhere that the 402/403 pcc can be taken apart and modded to fit the 401 with the top closing. I've taken this pcc apart and it's very simple, I just don't have a hot glue gun or soldering iron to attempt this mod.

The only thing I need to worry about, is if I keep a charged battery screwed into the charger, it can drain the PCCs battery after some time, but I simply insert the charged battery upside down to avoid battery loss.

Overall, the pcc works great, I keep a couple of carts, a couple extra attys, my extra battery, and my charging battery. This PCC is better than my 510 pcc, which only fits one battery, and only has 3 cart/atty slots. Just thought i'd give a quick progress report.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I've got a M402 Smart PCC on order & can't wait to get it. Glad it is finally available in the states. I hate paying China shipping rates.

Quoting myself from another thread:

This one allows both manual and auto batts to be charged but not the one from mypvshop:

*NEW* M402 SMART PCC (COMPATIBLE with M401/3) - Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarettes | E-Cigarettes | E-Cigs from Smoore

Weird cos they look exactly the same. If you are only gonna buy the PCC and the PCC alone, it makes better sense to order from the US but if stock up on some parts, kits, carts and/ or liquid, the shipping more than makes up for the total cost saved.

pm2006

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
S.E. Michigan
I just received my 401 PCC but it didn't come with directions! :confused: It has a meter and a button that turns a green light on when I press it. I'm assuming that means that it's charged. I don't know how to read the meter. If I did that would probably tell me. Do I just put depleted batteries in it and let them charge? Do I have to press the button? How long does it take? How long before I have to charge the box again? I clicked the link from the first post and I read that it will recharge 4 - 7 times. Does that mean this is disposable or that's how many batteries it will charge before IT needs to be recharged? Did I just spend $20 for something that isn't going to work for very long? Does it need an initial charge? Does it have a memory?

Sorry for all the questions but nothing seems to come with instructions. :(

Last edited:

sheep

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Okay, the meter should show you how much life is left in the PCC battery. To charge a battery, screw the battery into the slot, then hold down the button for about 5 seconds. The green light will start to flash, and then the tip of the e-cig will blink a few times, then the light will turn to red, if the battery needs to be charged. If the battery is full, it will stay green. After a few seconds the light turns out, press it again. If it's red, still charging, green, finished charging. The instructions that came with mine really weren't all that clear.

Charge the PCC up overnight before using, even if it's showing a full charge when you get it. I love mine and have never run out of battery power on it. I reckon it's good for five full M402 charges though.

pm2006

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
S.E. Michigan
Okay, the meter should show you how much life is left in the PCC battery. To charge a battery, screw the battery into the slot, then hold down the button for about 5 seconds. The green light will start to flash, and then the tip of the e-cig will blink a few times, then the light will turn to red, if the battery needs to be charged. If the battery is full, it will stay green. After a few seconds the light turns out, press it again. If it's red, still charging, green, finished charging. The instructions that came with mine really weren't all that clear.

Charge the PCC up overnight before using, even if it's showing a full charge when you get it. I love mine and have never run out of battery power on it. I reckon it's good for five full M402 charges though.

Thank you. :?:

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
hi, i hope somebody is still watching this thread. i'm a new to vaping [picked up my m401 starter kit with smart pcc from ben on saturday]. i have had this on charge for most of the time but my indicator has not shown more than one bar ever. at the moment it is hooked up to my lap top, showing one flashing bar in indicator strip. when i screw in a battery it is showing as charged but there is hardly any vapor and i have to pull so hard to get anything that apparently i sucked the little filler out of the cartridge and right on top of the atty. this can't be right. i really want this to work but i guess i need help.
thanks, guys

sheep

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver, BC
I hate to say this but it does not sound like your PCC is charging, if you're only seeing one bar on the lcd display, a fully charged PCC should show five. When you put the battery into the charging slot, are you holding down the button (as I explained clumsily above) to set the charging mode?

I hope you can get this working for you, I love my M401.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
yes, i figured out that to charge the e-cig i need to hold down the button about 3 secs till i get the flashing light. what puzzles me is that it shows to be charged much too soon. one of the batteries is doing a little better but than the other. i watched some demo on youtube where the guy advised to give an eight hour charge to begin with

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
I have a PCC for my M401 and I love it. It was charged when it came. I charge it almost every night. You do need to hold the little button down (after you screw in a battery) until it flashes for it to know there is a battery that needs charging. I can put 402 batteries on to charge but they are VERY hard to screw on and off since they are so much shorter than the 401. Since I have all sizes of batteries I think I might eventually get a 402/3 PCC also.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread