The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The Mad Vaper does it again! - New Recipes

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Walrus, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Walrus

Walrus Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    New home spun recipes...

Chocolate-covered Strawberries

40% Glycerine
    40% Totally Wicked 36mg Chocolate (unflavored will work as well, I was almost out)
    10% Lorann's Chocolate
    10% Lorann's Strawberry

Yumm! I love this stuff

----

Bavarian Creme Donut

40% Glycerine
    40% Totally Wicked 36mg Chocolate (unflavored will work)
    10% Lorann's Chocolate
    10% Lorann's Bavarian Creme

----

Strawberries & Cream

40% Glycerine
    40% Totally Wicked 36mg Unflavored
    10% Lorann's Strawberry

----

Enjoy!

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2009
    Nebraska
    Now if you'd quit posting these, I could quit spending so much money! LOL

How about one like Bailey's Mint Chocolate? LOL

3. exogenesis

exogenesis Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2009
    UK
    In with my fav flav mixture, so far

2/3rds 36mg plain TW e-liquid
    1/6th Loranne Apple
    1/6th Loranne Cinnamon Roll

subtley fruity & spicy - yum

4. Walrus

Mar 3, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Probably easy enough done by finding a whiskey flavor then mixing with mint chocolate chip and a little bavarian creme. I'm not a drinker though, so probably won't be trying it...

[edit] heck add a few drops of real whiskey into it.

5. The Wiz

The Wiz ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2009
    Whiskeyville USA
    Walrus.........with all the juice YOU have.....you could create 10,000 recipes..lol(Chocolate/Strawberry does sond good though):)The Wiz!

6. Walrus

Mar 3, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    LOL yeah. I've spent over $700 in less than two weeks on juice, flavorings, and industrial products (bottles, pipettes, syringes, etc.) My desk looks more like a chemistry lab than a workspace.

That said, I'm retired and it's good to have a hobby!

7. The Wiz

Feb 14, 2009
    Whiskeyville USA
    OMFG..............To be rich like you!( I get worried when my wife looks at my credit card statement and sees $50):)The Wiz!

8. Walrus

Mar 3, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    hehehe... rich? No. Lack of activities? yep. Not much else (besides bills) to spend money on? Check. I've made most of my purchases through Paypal, so there's no credit card activity to track :) We have separate checking accounts... (thank God).

I part-time as a DJ, and that income has always been used to feed my hobbies. It's accumulated 15 guitars and two motorcycles over the years, also. That income is separate from any job/pension/disability that I've received.

9. The Wiz

Feb 14, 2009
    Whiskeyville USA
    Lol.....I Think you should start doing some DIY liquid video reviews to fill in your time.If you can capture some of the same looks Terraphon does,you will be an e-cigarette forum "Star"........ps: not to hog your thread but: Try 40% 36mg Chocolate( mine was from True Vapor)40% VG,10%distilled and 10% Loranns Rasberry.......YUM YUM:)The Wiz!

10. walkman4169

walkman4169 Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 24, 2009
    south warren
    that was a good one but now i think i might have to get some chocolate and try it with some of that pure smoker strawberry

11. Walrus

Mar 3, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I find that using unflavored or similar-base flavors work better than trying to mix a flavoring with pre-flavored juice. This way, you can control the boldness of the flavor. Mixing chocolate with a premade strawberry may taste good... but if you cut the juice, you are also cutting the flavor. Having some strawberry flavoring to bump the taste back up is a good thing :) I've been using TW's Chocolate because the US site ran out of Unflavored. After adding glycerine and whatever flavor I was mixing in, I found that I needed to add a bit of Lorann's chocolate in just to get the taste back.

12. The Wiz

Feb 14, 2009
    Whiskeyville USA
    We will have to mix-match Monday Walk.........Now Get back to work! lol :)The Wiz!

13. Walrus

Mar 3, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    While technically savvy, I've not messed around with video much. Maybe I'll look into it... I'll have to get a lab coat, and go the whole "mad scientist" approach. A few beakers with dry ice in them for effect, an Einstein type wig... Dr. Jekyll meets Rachael Ray.

I've shied away from doing reviews of available juices, because that seems pretty well covered. A home 'cooking' show? Sounds like it has possibilities. Thanks for spending my next $1000 :)

14. The Wiz

Feb 14, 2009
    Whiskeyville USA
    I'll Dress up like Igor and be your assistant if you give me some of your juice:)The Wiz........as for the cooking show,there's already too much discussion going on here today about weight gain!Think I'll pass on that one!

15. Walrus

Mar 3, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The latest:

Strawberry Bon-Bon

35% Glycerine
    35% Totally Wicked 36mg Chocolate (or unflavored)
    10% Lorann's Strawberry
    10% Lorann's Chocolate
    a touch of Lorann's Mint Chocolate Chip

Adjust the flavoring/e-juice to suit your taste/jones.

I was going to try making a coffee blend out of this, but ran out of my Keoke Coffee flavoring. Got a bottle of e-smokeytreat's coffee on order.

16. Wildsky

Wildsky Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2009
    Nebraska
    Question on the lorann's.
    How far will one of those tiny dram size flavors go? I purchased a couple but of the bigger size (1ounce I thing) but if the tiny size will go far enough to make a day or so worth of juice, then I'd get those to find the one that is PERFECT!

17. The Wiz

Feb 14, 2009
    Whiskeyville USA
    Show Off1:)The Wiz!

18. Walrus

Mar 3, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    A few days, depending on how many recipes/attempts at getting it right you try. They are good for trying a new flavor, but if I like it I almost immediately order a larger bottle. Some perspective: A dram costs $1.49 direct from Lorann's. The 4 oz bottles cost $13 (some, like Bavarian Creme, cost more). There are 8 drams in a fluid ounce. Therefore, the $13 bottle contains the equivalent of 32 of the dram size... $13 or $47.68?

19. exogenesis

exogenesis Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2009
    UK
    I'd say (on average) 1ml flavour makes about 6ml of nice vapable liquid,
    so at 2ml per day vaped (MMG),
    each 4ml bottle flavour (approx) would make 1 to 2 weeks worth of flavoured liquid.

20. Walrus

Mar 3, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    True... I wasn't looking at it from a 'amount vaped' perspective, but from a 'how long until I have to order another bottle so I can keep trying new mixtures' angle.

That said, once I find one I really like... I went through a 3cc bottle last night in 4 hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.