The More I Vape - The Worse Analogs Taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
I have been vaping 2 weeks and have cut my analog habit down by almost 2/3rds. From 1.5 plus a day to about 12. Not a total victory - but still a pretty big drop.

At any rate, one thing I have DEFINITELY noticed is that when I do smoke an analog after vaping - I notice much, much more how really BAD they taste! Unfortunately I still crave them, most likely from being addicted to the 4 billion chemicals they put in them.

But the more I vape - the worse they taste. This certainly helps to smoke less of them.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Same here, I quit analogs completely after a few days of receiving my kit. Just this week I wanted to see how an analog would taste after 2 months of vaping, after 2 maybe 3 drags of the same brand I previously smoked I put it out...(nasty) and picked up my Riva. Won't try that little experiment again.

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia
I found that my reduction in smoking was proportional to the loss of satisfaction. As smoking became less satisfying, I was more prone to pick up my PV than waste the effort to go get an analog and lighter and head outside for 5 min. The next thing is when you do finally decide to have one, it will dawn on you that it's been way longer than usual since your last one. That got me down to 3-5 a day over 3-4 weeks.

Then those hours magically stretch to days. For me it was a matter of zeroing in on the flavors and nic level to finally substitute for that 3-5 cigs a day I was still smoking. I didn't pick a quit date or force anything. I just lost the desire to pick up an analog without actually trying hard. Seriously. I am still amazed at this. It took just over a month for me.

I'm not calling myself quit yet. About once or twice a week I start obsessing about smoking and just have one. I'm ok with that and figure after a while even that will stop.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
If you don't find yourself continuing to reduce analogs, look into bumping the nic level (mg/ml, the strength of juice); I needed that to get over a few high craving points, and it was enough to do the job. Some people also supplement with snus, but a lot seem to do OK with just hitting enough nic in what they vape.

Good luck!

upStomp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
North Central Mass
Wouldn't be able to touch a normal cig now vaping has spoilt me!

I tried one last night. Absolutely NASTY and made me borderline nauseous! I've been off them for under a month and I'm already thoroughly quit.

It's almost like cheating. People keep congratulating me for quitting, and I feel guilty. There was really nothing to it for me. As soon as I had my first vape, I knew my days of smoking were over. Vaping is just plain superior in every single way. Well, except one maybe: I don't piss off the anti-smokers anymore - hate those guys ;-).

My wife took a bit more time, but she's completely off the analogues now as well. The difference is that she still craves them and I'm completely disgusted by them.

champions

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Midwest
Yeah it doesn't take long for the taste to become completely vile. After 2 weeks I hit a cigarette yesterday and it was awful. The weird thing though is that it brought with it a flood of memories from high school. It is weird to me how smells and tastes can trigger things in your memory that you haven't thought about in years.

upStomp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
North Central Mass
Yeah it doesn't take long for the taste to become completely vile. After 2 weeks I hit a cigarette yesterday and it was awful. The weird thing though is that it brought with it a flood of memories from high school. It is weird to me how smells and tastes can trigger things in your memory that you haven't thought about in years.

Interesting. I wouldn't mind trying a Camel Light sometime to see if it does the same for me. Gawd...that was 20+ years ago :ohmy:.

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia
The weird thing though is that it brought with it a flood of memories from high school.

It's that flavor you'll get from an analog when your sense of taste and smell are actually working and not beat down with smoking frequently. I recognized it immediately each time I've failed at a quit attempt over my 30 years as a smoking professional.

champions

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Midwest
Maybe I'm weird, but sometimes I think I miss the taste of tobacco. Then I get around a smoker and the craving goes away. I tried one of the prefilled carts I got with my eGo and about barfed.

Hate the taste of cigarettes, but love the smell of them. I still go outside at work to vape and be with the other smokers. I like the way they smell. I'm sure that will go away.

k5blazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
Been off of analogs for about 3 weeks now, and when I even smell cigarette smoke it makes me sorta, well, sick. Its weird too because now I can smell the smoke on people who still smoke analogs and now I know how bad I must have smelt all these years.

Smoking is dead... Long live the e-cig!

It's really hard to be in my vehicle. The smell is very rank. Just glad I never smoked in my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread