The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The most loseable piece in your collection

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by oxygen thief, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. oxygen thief

oxygen thief Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2012
    I use a Provari 2.5 24/7. Well, 16/7. Anyway, I finally picked up a 'tank ring' in an attempt to make my device look good like cheaper devices. You know? Like my Vamo. :ohmy:

They should have called it the roll under ring or maybe the Provari toupee. It takes a while to remember this thing is on there and it rolls off of the counter under the refrigerator, stove, other room, etc. I lose other stuff too but this little widget annoys me the most.

Anybody?

2. Amraann

Amraann Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 24, 2011
    Florida
    The tip on the top of some of my tanks.I have tanks that do not have a removable tip but I also have others that have removable ones. Oddly it seems to only happen in my driveway when getting out of my car while I have it in my hand.

3. choochoogranny

choochoogranny Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2013
    chattanooga, tn, usa
    That's why I have "back ups". :laugh:

4. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Any one of my 20+ Mods that I pick up and walk out of the room with. :facepalm:

Age has its disadvantages. :(

5. Rwb1500

Rwb1500 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2014
    South Central PA
    Friggin Eroll. While I like to tout it as the best performing cig-a-like you can get it's also tiny. I lost it earlier today. Found it in a jacket pocket.

6. tmel

tmel Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 8, 2013
    Denver, CO
    My mind..........

7. wonkeypickle

wonkeypickle Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2013
    'murrikka
    juice, i always find it under the couch steeped to perfection after like 3 months lol

8. Papa_Lazarou

Papa_Lazarou MKUltra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Refill screw on a kayfun. I used to have to wait for the cat to find it.

9. Underwhelmed

Underwhelmed Account closed on request ECF Veteran

May 22, 2012
    Texas
    A couple very thin slices of double stick tape applied to the ProVari top cap would solve this problem.

I had the same issue, especially when using my KayFun on the ProV, but we have the good aviation grade 3M double stick tape at work and one day I tried it and it worked great.

I had both versions 1 and 2 of the Hippo cap, but the threads on those things are sometimes (read usually) too tight.

I usually do my e-cig maintenance at the kitchen sink/counter. I couldn't tell you how many times I've lost screws, insulators, etc down the drain. One of these days I'll learn my lesson.

Maybe.

Probably not.

10. drippaboi

drippaboi Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Of course the cat knows where it is, she probably stole it to begin with!

For me its every cap to every plastic bottle I've ever owned. Now I just have a bucket where I pool them all so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

11. AndriaD

AndriaD Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    The "lock ring" on my UDCT. Everytime I take it off in order to refill or change the carto, I seem to drop the stupid thing -- it's hard to pick up!

I confess, when I first saw the thread title, I thought you meant, the part of my collection I'd least mind losing -- that would be the Caterpillar. I'd sell it, but they're so cheap, why bother?

Andria

12. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    The screws for the door on my ipv.

13. VHRB2014

VHRB2014 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2014
    Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
    That little AFC ring for my Erl. Thank God I may never need it. :?)

14. daviedog

daviedog Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2013
    Florida
    Receipts, by design, wouldn't want the little lady to really know how much I'm spending on vapin'..

15. VapnWitch

VapnWitch Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 6, 2013
    VA, USA
    Oh man, so many things. I somehow keep losing my kanthal (on spools that are about 4 inches wide :confused:) and my drill bits I use for wrapping my coils on. I also lose drip tips like crazy. I think the two worst have been my fill tool when I used carto-tanks and my drill bits. Those disappeared a lot more than anything else.

16. Amraann

Amraann Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 24, 2011
    Florida
    Funny!! I lost a cig alike a few weeks ago. In the house and still have no clue where it is. I looked everywhere!! In the couch cushions. under the furniture. Everywhere!!

17. Rwb1500

Rwb1500 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2014
    South Central PA
    Makes me crazy. I usually take it with me when I take a dripper out and about so if I'm driving or can't be bothered to drip I'll just puff on that. I usually put it back in the PCC which makes it harder to lose but recently I've just been leaving it everywhere.

18. Spencer87

Spencer87 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 24, 2014
    Jakarta- Indonesia
    used to be my nemesis clone. But then I lost it.

19. drippaboi

drippaboi Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    You need to add a magnet to your build kit. I stopped losing all sorts of stuff when I did.

Sometimes I go nuts trying to find the top cap to my RDA after re-dripping, and I didn't even move >_<

20. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Bits of kanthal.
    At first, when I was trying to "torch" them, the tweezers would shoot 'em across the room.
    I figured, "OK, well, it's red-hot, I'll find it when the rug starts smoking" - but no, my rug must be fireproof or something.
    Now, I don't torch them anymore - but when I clip the ends sticking out of the atomizer post, that tiny little bit goes flying god knows where. You do NOT want to find a bit of kanthal by stepping on it barefoot. Trust me on that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.