Status
Not open for further replies.

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
:toast: First of all, Cheers to MrPuff for this fantastic little invention!
I recieved a MrPuffer Tougher Puffer (Yellow/Blk) wih Multi-LED.

This lil guy is GREAT for those looking for an all day vaping device where you need not worry about bringing a suitcase of extras to get you thru the day. This device holds a 3ml bottle, of liquid of YOUR choosing, and is easily removable by unscrewing the bottle and refilling.

Once your bottle is screwed in, pop in a 14500 battery and close the back door. Screw on atty of choice (I use the 510) and attach the mouthpice it comes with. Now, even tho mine is a 510, It came with a 901 mouthpiece that holds the tube from the bottle of liquid. Awesome decision on MrPuffs part btw.....I prefer the whistle tips ;) If you arent already aware, 901 carts fit nice n snug on 510 attys :)

The way you use ur MrPuffer can be one of two ways. As the ultimate non-leaking auto feed system, or as an ultimate direct - dripping system. The MrPuffer mouthpiece came with polyfill, so I used it with the poly for a while, but found for ME, (as a very experienced dripper) I enjoyed it with NO polyfill as a direct dripping system best.

If you decide to keep the poly in place, MrPuff's unique feeding system will suck up any EXTRA juice, thus NOT allowing it to EVER flood the atty! (Awesome, right??!??!!):p

But as i said earlier, I like the direct dripping best, and as a direct dripper, with NO polyfill, I still have yet to flood the atty...:ohmy: Yes, that IS incredible!!!!!:D

When you first get ur Puffer, dont forget to "prime" it up and make sure the poly is nice n wet before vaping or it may be a dry vape. Just a few squeezes to the exposed part of the bottle will get this baby flowin and primed.

The ever-changing color LED was an added delight, as I didnt really know it was going to be there and I instantly fell in love with its beautiful color arrangements, so if you can spend the extra few bucks, the multi-LED is kinda worth it unless your in total stealth mode ;)

All in all, Im SUPER impressed with the MrPuffer and I reccommend to anyone looking for an "all dayer" PV that works great and seems to so far be maintenance free!

....Dont forget about the convenient master on/off swith before placing in pocket/purse/etc and and this mod will be able to be enjoyed daily without carrying around alll the extras :D (juice, batts, cases, etc)

Just grab ur Puffer n Go! :)

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
nice review and I must agree. I have a Mr. Puffer stealth and have been using it for about 2 weeks....excellent device and no complaints. This little guy is just what the Dr. ordered and, dime for dime, quite a bargain at that!

I've already ordered a couple more just to have in reserve or for special occassions.

ella

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2010
Winnipeg, Canada
Great review CTJ, you've kindly put my own thoughts about this little device into words. I've had my MrPuffer (naked, led) for a few days, haven't removed the poly, just filled the little bottle and popped in a battery and have been good to go.

I've ordered another one because I thought I'd like one for each hand. :p

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Hey Crash...nice review! I just got mine going today....after the initial user error stuff I just love this thing! I have a hardshell eyeglass case that it fits perfectly in..along with an extra battery and a 3ml bottle of juice.

Since this is my first "mod" and first experience with actual batteries I have a question...I'm using Trustfire protected batteries. How do I know when to change the battery ? It says on the battery that it is "high rate discharge, no memory effect" and that it has short circuit,over charge and discharge protection". So do I just use it 'till it dies?

Thanks for the help. :)

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
use it til it dies, but dont keep pushing the button once its dead ;) You will be fine. I have the same batts :D

Sometimes if im about to leave the house n dont wanna take spare batts n the vapors gettin weak, ill pop in a fresh battery but other than that I run em dead then change.

Thanks for the props on the review guys! Its def a nice add on to any PV collection and so far of the auto-feeding systems ive used, MrPuffer is def the best one so far! :)

MrPuffer told me the LR attys produce great vapor on the mrpuffers but Im all out of thse for now so I cant do a review w an lr atty as of yet ;)

Anyone else use a LR atty w one yet?

rusty shackleford

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2009
Arlen Texas
two things happen when your batt is low. The vape level goes down and more juice is unburned, causing flooding. Eventually, no vape at all will be produced. Some people change to fresh batt when they reload the juice tank....the idea is fresh juice, fresh power...vape on until the next tank fill. :D...when in doubt, change the batt first and then the atty until performance returns. And just because a batt is new doesn't mean it will hold a proper charge for hours. I used an LR atty for a while, there was a boost from the LR IMO, but I don't think it's worth it, the LR atty gets grudded up just like the regular atty so the performance boost goes away at some point...they are hotter burning for sure,you can hear the sizzle inside better than the regular atty.

Last edited:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Thanks for the tips both of you.

I'm actually planning on trying a cutdown cartomizer with the Mr Puffer. I'll cut it just short enough to accomidate the mouthpiece without stretching the tubing and then remove the pollyfill from the mouthpiece. I'm going to try both 510 cartos and 4081 cartos. I'll keep you posted. (btw...the 510 cartos are 2.4ohms, 4081's 3.3-3.5)

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Wow Gammi...I just read your banner...only 119 days.....well that didn't sound right...I mean 119 days is fantastic!!!! But I wish I had found a Mr Puffer at 119 days! I was still floundering around with V4L stuff...good for you!!!

So here is my only slight annoyance with the Puffer...the switch...has anyone tried replacing this big 'ol button with a more flush mounted touch switch? Or asked the Pufferman if he can make them with a different switch? Since I know nothing much about mods I don't even know if this is a valid request. But the switch does make it impossible to put in a pocket or even a cell phone belt clip case etc. I really would like to get a TougherPuffer for the truck driver Mr lorikay13 but I know he would break it immediaetlly...so you see my dilema? Ideas? :)

Gammi

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2010
Indiana
Yeah,.....I luckily was watching his thread while he was developing the MrPuffer....he kept putting teasers out and showing off different things while he worked it out. Was so happy when he finally started selling them. They are all that he promised and then some. I was getting a little frustrated with the standard ecig. He also has the best customer service of anyone that I have dealt with!

Wow Gammi...I just read your banner...only 119 days.....well that didn't sound right...I mean 119 days is fantastic!!!! But I wish I had found a Mr Puffer at 119 days! I was still floundering around with V4L stuff...good for you!!!

So here is my only slight annoyance with the Puffer...the switch...has anyone tried replacing this big 'ol button with a more flush mounted touch switch? Or asked the Pufferman if he can make them with a different switch? Since I know nothing much about mods I don't even know if this is a valid request. But the switch does make it impossible to put in a pocket or even a cell phone belt clip case etc. I really would like to get a TougherPuffer for the truck driver Mr lorikay13 but I know he would break it immediaetlly...so you see my dilema? Ideas? :)

jazzguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Plano Tx
I love mine. I have 6 of them, 5 in constant use, one is a backup, but I need to talk to Mr Puffer about it. It was an earlier unit, and the atomizer connector broke free from the epoxy, breaking the solder joint. I tried to fix it myself, but it doesn't work as well as it should, I'll ask him for ideas. But the price point considered, (and the fact that the other five continue to work flawlessly after heavy use) I'm a very happy camper. I'd love to see him evolve his design into a sturdier box for long-term reliability, because the simple fact is that the relatively thin plastic on those battery boxes isn't designed for carrying around, pockets, etc. But I am surprised at how well they hold up. I'm also looking forward to his MP2, the big brother version, that uses an 18650 and a larger bottle (and hopefully a 5V version too!) Best bang for the buck in the vaping world so far for me!

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
MrPuffer told me the LR attys produce great vapor on the mrpuffers but Im all out of thse for now so I cant do a review w an lr atty as of yet ;)

Anyone else use a LR atty w one yet?

I'm using one with an LR atty right now, and it works very well. Lots of vapor.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Hi

I could review both Mr. Puffer and the TougherPuffer but I wouldnt be able to add anything that hasnt already been said....bottomline you get a great product that is exactly what it says it is and priced right, always shipped on time.

I want to take this opprotunity to say something about the man. Because of another vendors device (who's name I wont mention) put me in position to sell my new tougherPuffer the very day I got it. Minutes after posting in the classified section out of the blue and unsolicited I might add I received a PM from Mr. Puff with a very generous offer. Knowing from my many posts that I loved his products having bought 2 types that it was killing me to have to sell one. I wont divulged his offer out of respect just say it was extremely kind. Your quality products is only one reason why people love do business with you...you sir are the main reason...again Thank you!!!

GIL

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
Very nice, CTJ! It's always nice to see the old hands try a new product and give a review.

I'm thinking the MP may be the product to refer a new vaper to due to it's simplicity, size, features and price. Do you agree?
100% agreed! Sure makes vaping easy!

Also, I agree, Mrpuffer is a top-notch guy :) We have talked a few times and I can tell he is a very caring guy who is very passionate abt what he does....that says ALOT abt one's character :)

As for the "other vendor" talked abt, thats just SAD. I Know for a fact NOOONE will ever have those probs w a Puffer! :toast:

Also, to lori, the button is pretty tough...I would think it would be really hard to break, some of my other mods have similar buttons and Ive yet to have any issues....and I happen to be pretty tough on my mods, as I vape very heavily. For the price, it may be worth a shot for the hubby to try!:2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread