The Multi-Voltage Dial-A-Tekk Mod!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim the Enchanter

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Kettering, OH (Dayton suburb)
First, this Tekk mod VV (variable voltage) really looks kewl!!! Practical and functional, too!!

I didn't see it mentioned here... forgive me if it's covered and I'm missing it. I'm a n00b, so my knowledge on a lot of this stuff is pretty shaky.

Will the Tekk mod accept a KR808D-1 cartomizer some way? I see on your The Multi-Voltage Dial-A-Tekk Mod web page that it says it comes with a 510 to 901 adapter and a 510 to 801 adapter.

If it can accept an 808 I assume I would need to buy something, right? If so, would you be so kind as to tell me what else I would need to buy?

I'll be watching for you to have some more available for sale.

Thx!

Tim

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
First, this Tekk Mod VV (variable voltage) really looks kewl!!! Practical and functional, too!!

I didn't see it mentioned here... forgive me if it's covered and I'm missing it. I'm a n00b, so my knowledge on a lot of this stuff is pretty shaky.

Will the Tekk Mod accept a KR808D-1 cartomizer some way? I see on your The Multi-Voltage Dial-A-Tekk Mod web page that it says it comes with a 510 to 901 adapter and a 510 to 801 adapter.

If it can accept an 808 I assume I would need to buy something, right? If so, would you be so kind as to tell me what else I would need to buy?

I'll be watching for you to have some more available for sale.

Thx!

Tim

When and if you buy one mention in the special instructions that you need a 510 to 808 connector and we will see you get what you need...Thanks
Drew

Tim the Enchanter

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Hey Drew,

I received my Tekk Mod VV yesterday. The voltage wheel revolves counter-clockwise (looking at it from the top) smoothly till the black indicator gets to the edge of the case plastic, on the way into the case, then it goes further and feels like it "clicks" into a final, higher voltage position. Is that the way it is supposed to work? If so, can you tell me what voltage it is supposed to be at right (button facing up) before it clicks into that final position?

Today I killed a 2.5Ω XL CE2 R4 808 cartomizer and a standard resistance atty (came with a Riva 901) that was less than a week old with the Tekk Mod's voltage turned past that click. Of course, it could be that there was QC problems with the atty, and it could have just been time for the CE2 to go over the rainbow to see Dorothy and Toto. Once can never be sure, can one? I'm not tempted at the moment to try something else at that final position. LOL

I never heard from badkola if he did any testing of the CE2's on the Tekk Mod VV, what he feels might be the best voltage for them, or how much voltage they can handle. I'll be watching for it and will be quite interested to know what he learns.

Thx!

Tim

Tim the Enchanter

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
OK. I just killed another 2.5Ω CE2 R4 808 cartomizer with my new Tekk Mod VV I got yesterday, but a standard length and not an XL this time.

This time I KNOW I did not have the voltage regulator turned all the way up. I definitely had it around the center position.

Again, maybe it was just the cartos time to R.I.P., but I'm suspecting that something may be wrong here.

Wait! Jeese! I'm an idiot! :facepalm:

Why don't I just use my VOM (volt/Ω meter) and check the mod to see what the voltage readings are? Sheese. :facepalm:

More later...

Tim

Tim the Enchanter

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
These are my results testing my new Tekk Mod VV's voltage, which I received last Friday, November 19, 2010, at different wheel settings. This was after I fried the two cartos and one atomizer mentioned in my above posts.

For these pictures I'll call the two small posts that stick up on the white plastic wheel above the black wheel "nubs."

When I say moving the wheel to the "right," I mean that, viewing from the top of the Tekk Mod VV, the black wheel would be revolving counter-clockwise, and to the "left" would be clockwise.

I tested my new Tekk Mod VV on a volt meter (DMM - Digital Multi-Meter) Saturday night and got the following results:

(The comments about pictures are below the pictures.)

Picture 1:
TekkModVV_Readings1Centered36V-1.jpg

For a reading with the black wheel indicator pretty much in the centered position between the white nubs the reading was 3.6 volts.

Picture 2:
TekkModVV_Readings2UnderLeftNub30V.jpg

For a reading with the black wheel indicator close to directly under the left white nub the reading was 3.0 volts.

Picture 3:
TekkModVV_Readings3UnderRightNub61V.jpg

For a reading with the black wheel indicator close to directly under the right white nub the reading was 6.1 volts.

Picture 4:
TekkModVV_Readings4RightAtClick78V.jpg

For a reading with the black wheel indicator revolved to the right just at the edge of the case, where the black wheel feels like it wants to "click" if it is pushed further, the reading was 7.8 volts.

Note: After playing with the black wheel, taking these pictures, and looking at the whole thing through binocular magnification, I think the reason the black wheel feels like it is going to "click" if pushed further while at this position is because the black wheel indicator is actually slightly hitting the edge of the case.​

Picture 5:
TekkModVV_Readings5lRightPastClick8V.jpg

For a reading with the black wheel indicator just past the point where it feels like it "clicks" and slightly behind the case on the right the reading was 8.0 volts.

Picture 6:
TekkModVV_Readings6FulllRight81V.jpg

For a reading with the black wheel indicator fully revolved to the right, behind the right side of the case till the wheel stops, the reading was 8.1 volts.

Now the really goofy voltage readings.

Picture 7:
TekkModVV_Readings7off8V.jpg

For a reading with the black wheel indicator just to the right of the right nub the reading was 8.0 volts.

Picture 8:
TekkModVV_Readings8off81V.jpg

For a reading with the black wheel indicator just barely toward the center position, right of the left nub, the reading was 8.1 volts.

I got a lot of other weird ~8.x volt readings at various different positions, from nearly full left to center and beyond... too many to take pictures of each.

Sometimes the voltage will read about what you think it should, and if you then touch the wheel just a little, to very slightly move it, and take another reading it will then read ~8.x volts.

I really don't think this can be right. Right? On the web page of the product's description that is here it reads:

"This variation of the Tekk mod now features a dial on the bottom of the device that allows anywhere from 1.25v to 5.8v (approx) vaping."​

Another thing I notice is that my wheel is up-side-down from the picture in the first post in this thread left by you, NHaler, that is here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/nhaler/109196-multi-voltage-dial-tekk-mod.html#post1648592

and looks like this:

tekk.jpg

I know that doesn't necessarily mean the connectors were soldered backwards, but could they have been? I would think I would, at least, get negative voltage readings if they were.

Where do we go from here?

Thx!

Tim

Tim the Enchanter

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Drew,

Just sent it back to you and sent you an email. Damn USPS... $8.40 for proof of delivery and $160 insurance.

Bad,

I was just wondering if you had any thoughts about why the ~8 volt problem might be happening.

I ordered a regular, un-modified Takkeon from Amazon yesterday so I can open it up and see what's in there. (I can always give it to my son for Christmas for all his iPod type devices and cell phone.) I'm really curious as to what voltage the standard batteries in it are for one thing.

Thx guys!

Tim

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Hey Maxwell,
Im having a problem getting these back up because the PCCs (Personal Charging Cases) are not compatible with the USA Made kits and batteries that I currently have. Im trying to have some made but they are not working out. Apparently the chip in the batteries are too advanced for the PCCs that are made in China. Sorry
Drew

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
Hey Maxwell,
Im having a problem getting these back up because the PCCs (Personal Charging Cases) are not compatible with the USA Made kits and batteries that I currently have. Im trying to have some made but they are not working out. Apparently the chip in the batteries are too advanced for the PCCs that are made in China. Sorry
Drew

Good luck with that, I'll keep checking back. If you had a USB PT I'd put my own kit together and buy it tomorrow;) I love buying USA. Maybe I'll get a PT elsewhere and try those US batteries. I've got your site bookmarked and I'm intrigued by your store's quality over quantity. I bet I'm a customer some time next month. Thanks for replying.

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
Thanks Drew, I guess I stayed on the section for KR808D-1 series and missed the PT. I think I can put together what I need to get started. I am guessing the carts for KR808D-1 work with the KR808 PT? And the Kanger and USA batteries charge with the wall charger, the issue is just with the PCC? I can live with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread