The New GG Penelope! Order yours now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pablito

Verified Member
Jul 17, 2012
New York and England
Again, thanks much to JC for guiding me right:)

Hey all,

So after about 2 hours of blood, sweat, and a lot of swearting, I managed to get my Penelope built and finctioning all good and I do love it sooo much, seems to provide a wonderfully smooth vape.

Being this, I have quickly gone through my first batch of juice in it and need to refill it. Thing is I want to change flavors of juice.

And given that I spent so long building it, I am scared of starting me mess with it and it not being the same again.

Does anyone have some advice on how to best clean the Penelope? Which parts should I remove, or is it none? I've been reading that PGV is great, but at a pinch warm water works to.

Any and all idea are most welcome and appreciated, thanks!

JthaBigVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
Florida
Hey guy!

Welcome to the COV Forum!

Let me first start by asking you a few questions...

1. What Juice did you have loaded up in your Penelope?

2. What Juice did you want to change to?

3. How long have you been vaping that current coil for?

Depending on how you answer, I have different answers to give to you. Also it depends a lot on preference, as you might not need to do anything, but we will get to that once you answer my questions three :p

Pablito

Verified Member
Jul 17, 2012
New York and England
Hello there JBV,

Do appreciate your repsonse, so to help you, help me (or is that the other way around;)), in answer to your questions:
1. I had some Washington Red Apple from Pink Spot Vapors in there
2. Not 100% sure yet, but was thinking of swapping out for Vermillion River KY4 that has been lovely in other devices
3. The Red Apple, and the current coil have vaped for 2 fills and 3 days only

Again cheers for the help....hopefully this will help to point me int he right direction so I won't have to ask such silly things in the future!

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
Hey Pablito,

Looks like JT may not be around so I can tell you what I do and it works fantastically well.

Take it apart and give it a quick rinse, dry with a paper towel. Then I generally rinse the wick, a lot. Blow it out and lay it down on a paper towel or if you want it faster you can speed up the process with some compressed air. You can also dry burn it a little at this point to dry out your wick It will be a clean flavor swap.

If you're impatient you don't have to wait for the wick to dry, fire the coil a bit, prime wick with your new juice and then assemble and fill up your tank. Keep your mouthpiece closed and give it a few vapes(but don't inhale). Then open juice control and give it a few more vapes. The first minute or two the vapes will be a little watery but eventually all will burn off and you will be vaping your new juice cleanly.

Got-Ta-Go

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
OTP Atlanta, Georgia
I too find that there is really no need to clean between different juices. After the first couple of vapes, the new flavor kicks in nicely.

Disclaimer note: I've not loaded behind any cinnamon or "ice" menthol based juices.

Generally, when the flavors are compatible, I can follow one juice after the other. The first few vapes are mixed but moments later the new flavor takes over. May not work well when following a light fruit such a pear after a heavy bacco flavor, but then you might just find the next Bobas:D

MrJonesJr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Mine shipped Monday. I live in PA....it went from FLA to all the way across the country in WA!!! Thought I was getting it tomorrow...UGH!!! Hopefully it comes back....

Still no updates since Tuesday after it was sent to WA...starting to get worried. Called USPS and just sent Justin a ticket to make sure it was shipped to my address. There is a lost Penny out there and she needs help finding her way home ;) Keeping my fingers crossed!!

kickitback

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2009
NC
Got mine today, I think I placed the order last Thursday . Pretty fast shipping but then again I'm in NC and it was shipped from FL.
So far I'm loving it, just need something other then the Provari to use it on since the mini will not let any air in and the regular size vari just enough for a tight draw. So much vapor it's unbelievable .

c8h10n4o2x2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2012
NW Florida
www.flickr.com
kickitback - when you make your next coil, screw the base down on your Provari then screw your re-buildable part to the base, then back the base off the Provari just a little bit, then tighten the re-buildable. This should give it a little more air flow.
Hope this helps:toast:

Edit: or simplified, make sure the center pin extends just a litte below the 510 threads:)

Last edited:

ataunton

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2009
Bay Area, CA
@kickitback Congrats! Should have mine on Wed, can't wait to try it out.

Check out this video from igetcha69. It's for the Ody, but the same principles should apply. He gives a tip on getting it to have good air flow on a provari.
http://www.e-cig-reviews.com/odysseus.html

Last edited:

kickitback

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2009
NC
kickitback - when you make your next coil, screw the base down on your Provari then screw your re-buildable part to the base, then back the base off the Provari just a little bit, then tighten the re-buildable. This should give it a little more air flow.
Hope this helps:toast:

Edit: or simplified, make sure the center pin extends just a litte below the 510 threads:)

Thanks.
I didn't see ur post till now but today I took it apart again and tried the center pin and it worked, actually work too good,lol . I now get a little too much of an airy draw but it still vapes well and I am using it on the mini.
I will keep adjusting till I find my exact set up. I only have the one wick and wire I got with the Penelope so I don't want to mess with it too much since COV is out of them . For now I'm good.

By the way it is so quiet, no sizzling noise like a reg tank.
Absolutely loving it.

Thanks again for your help, you guys are great.

kickitback

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2009
NC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread