The new KGO VV - Hoosier ECig

Status
Not open for further replies.

rum87mage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
United States
Here's a link to one of the best reviews in my mind Pbusardo about the new kog vv. I know alot of people where asking about it including my self. Great review! Thanks Pbusardo.
A PBusardo Review - KGO VV - Hoosier ECig - YouTube

Here's a link to the kgo vv $25.99 not to bad
KGO V.V. 650mAh

Button my kinda suck for some people but in my eyes if your not sure that vv vapin is for u this is a really cheap way to find out.
Im going to get one in a few days.

one more review from VaporHook
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpQZBMF5oWQ

Last edited:

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Passthroughs, when left plugged in unattended, can be dangerous. I've seen a few get melted down (look around on ECF, they're there). I'm not a fan. Instead get a battery that lasts long enough so that you don't have to be tethered. I'm also not a fan that they can short out your USB ports or even your motherboard if anything goes wrong (not worth the cost - especially in a laptop). I'd rather see people vape out of an outlet USB adapter than their computer if they are going to do that. That said, lithium ion batteries HATE being at 100% charge all the time. It shortens their life. They love 70%. So to me everything about a passthrough is fail. To me the KGO VV is too little too late. Everyone has an EGO Twist and there's a reason for that. They work, and they work well. The Ego Twist is better and cheaper. You can get a 900 mah battery from VaporBeast for a mere $19 AND free shipping. If you want to get a joyetech 1000mah it's going to cost more (and there will be shipping). The ones from vaporbeast have proven quite reliable though.

I have never been a fan of hoosierecigsupply. I didn't appreciate their poor level of customer service so I can't support them (look in vendor reviews if you don't believe me - they've had a few run ins in the past). Plus it really gets on my nerves that Brent acts like he created the KGO lol. They like to put their brand name on their batteries too which is also lame, although I can't speak for the KGO VV.

Also, not to sound like a hater, but PBusardo doesn't know half as much as he thinks he does (like how to clean a cartomizer i.e. vaping 101) and then you never know how much of his opinions on things are paid for since he gets his stuff free. He got on my nerves when he started pushing a non variable voltage woody mod and although he pointed out a couple flaws he still gave it a thumbs up. So you get a non-durable (dents and scratches easily), decent looking mod (for a little while), that isn't compatible with a lot of tanks, for way too much money and a crappy vape all for the price of an APV... no thanks. For the record this product is no longer in production so that shows how accurate his reviews are.

Instead check out GrimmGreen. He's got twice the following and he owns almost every PV except for the Provari it seems like (he prefers variable wattage and loves his Darwin and Kicked Silver Bullet). He's been vaping for over 3 years and he's not afraid to thrash a product even if it was free.

Another good source of unbiased information is Estarra, aka RockinRobbieSF here on ECF:
Vaping Estarra - YouTube

Lastly here is the link to the EGO Twist from Vaporbeast. All orders (any size) are free shipping should you choose to follow the pack.
http://www.vaporbeast.com/product_p/a28.htm

I also recommend you grab a couple of E1-Vs from (DiscountVapers.com) or Vivi Nova Minis if you want (they're not as good as the E1-V though, by a longshot, but they come in 2nd place) and you're set to go.

Last edited:

Stone Ye

Moved On
Sep 6, 2012
Shenzhen,China
  • Deleted by spaky
  • Reason: Unregistered supplier

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
passthroughs when left plugged in can be dangerous. I've seen quite a few get melted down (look around on ECF, they're there).

So don't leave it unattended. There's nothing to say the KGO VV would do this of course. Just a scare tactic.

The Ego Twist is better and cheaper. You can get a 900 mah battery from VaporBeast for a mere $19 AND free shipping.

Have you used both? How do you know one is better? The KGO vv goes to 6 volts. The twist doesn't.

I have never been a fan of hoosierecigsupply. I didn't appreciate their poor level of customer service so I can't support them (look in vendor reviews if you don't believe me - they've had a few run ins in the past). Plus it really gets on my nerves that Brent acts like he created the KGO lol. They like to put their brand on everything which is also lame, although I can't speak for the KGO VV.

So you're just trying to put people off something new without having even tried it.

To me the KGO VV is too little too late. Everyone has an EGO Twist and there's a reason for that. They work, and they work well.

Not everyone has a twist. :) Now some people have both - twist and KGO vv - and seems not universal acclaim for the twist. Not too late at all - just not your pet device.

Also, not to look like a hater but PBusardo doesn't know half as much as he thinks he does and then you never know how much of his opinions on things are paid for since he gets his stuff free.

Do you know for a fact that he was paid to do that review? That's a hefty accusation to make and not back up. He stated why he did the review at the beginning of the video - because of requests from vapers.

Instead check out GrimmGreen. He's got twice the following and he owns every PV except for the Provari it seems like. He's been vaping for over 3 years and he's not afraid to thrash a product.

Oh gawd - who cares about followings. We're not sheep. Sides which, pbusardo reviewed the twist positively as well.

Last edited:

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
The Vario is going to be the APV to look out for. In the meantime, if you don't have money to burn the Twist will do you proud. 6v is really only good if you want to use dual coil cartos, but if you don't have the amperage to support it (like smaller PVs often do not) then it's not going to work (this is the problem with the lavatube and also the provari - they hate high voltages on dual coil cartos). The reason the Twist stops at 4.8v is because MOST (90% or more) people don't go past that point anyway and it sets it up perfectly for a 3.0ohm atomizer which is the common highest number available. When you go above 3.0 ohm the selection is limited. Also you could drastically shorten the life of your atomizer by running it that hot. That's for reckless throat hit chasers. I mean, if you want to feel like Chuck Norris just roundhoused you in the throat then go for it.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
The reason the Twist stops at 4.8v is because MOST (90% or more) people don't go past that point anyway and it sets it up perfectly for a 3.0ohm atomizer which is the common highest number available.

Dunno where you get 90% from. Lots of people like 5v.

From the review looks like the KGO vv holds at up to 6 volts. The extra voltage is definitely an advantage. The Vario isn't even out yet so no reviews on that. Meh - lets see if it performs. Too much hype with no real performance info.

Yves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Matamata, New Zealand
I don't have the new KGO VV but I did want to say that I have purchased from Hoosiers a few times now and have nothing but the BEST service.

Have you ever purchased from them ShogaNinja?

I think running down suppliers in threads is wrong and should not be allowed we have a place for negative reviews and it is not here in the new members forum.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
So don't leave it unattended. There's nothing to say the KGO VV would do this of course. Just a scare tactic.

The truth is a scare tactic? Proof that what I said was true:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vapor4life/144668-careful-passthroughs.html
Have you used both? How do you know one is better? The KGO vv goes to 6 volts. The twist doesn't. So you're just trying to put people off something new without having even tried it.

I understand electricity so I don't have to try it. 6v on a tiny battery is just poor design. Besides, take a look around, the KGO brand is slipping in quality. I've read so many horror stories about how they died right away after the 30 day warranty. The EGO Twist can barely give the voltage you set it at for extended periods of time as it is, so what makes you think the KGO VV is magically somehow different and at 6v no less with the same size battery? Answer: it's not. It's a gimmick. Vaping isn't about voltage it's about wattage anyway. There's no way this thing has the amps to push a dual coil which is ideally what you'd want a high voltage device for anyway.

Not everyone has a twist. :) Now some people have both - twist and KGO vv - and seems not universal acclaim for the twist. Not too late at all - just not your pet device.

Almost everyone does. Look around you. If they don't have a twist they have something bigger and more expensive. It's a great place to start unlike those expensive Volts you love so much. Too late because so many own the twists and here's this device that's not really any better that has a marginal use at 6v to the average vaper and it costs more.

Do you know for a fact that he was paid to do that review? That's a hefty accusation to make and not back up. He stated why he did the review at the beginning of the video - because of requests from vapers.

Because I know how the business works. You honestly think this guy is a PV junkie and needs to buy all these products? Keeping them all at an appropriate level of charge is a PITA. Either he doesn't care if they die or he probably just gives them away to get rid of the dang things. Companies give these reviewers products for free, they review them, the company gets free advertisement to a captive targeted audience, and the reviewer gets more views which with AdSense = money. Everybody wins. Besides, he says that he gets stuff free all the time, if you ever listen. So does GrimmGreen and FieldsofVapor. Ever wonder why he'd choose a niche brand like Ovale (who is also a notorious brander of batteries they didn't create)? Because they give them to him for free to try and gain exposure. Watch the video again and reference time index 14:50 on. So yes, he made money off of Google AdSense, and he got a free PV. Sounds like paid to me. Please don't argue with me because you are not likely to win.

Oh gawd - who care about followings. We're not sheep. Sides which, pbusardo reviewed the twist positively as well.

Was there a point to this reply? Followings = proven. Are The Beatles a bad band? No. Why not? Because they have more multi-platinum records than any other band on the planet.

Now apply that concept to the Twist.

I get the sense that somebody got their feelings hurt. I really am tired of arguing with you so just do me a favor and never respond to me again. I'm not fond of you either. You endorse what I believe to be one of the worst product out there, the Volt, an overpriced underpowered, low voltage, non-versatile starter ecig. That and your short time here speaks volumes to me.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
The truth is a scare tactic?

Throwing it in there as if this will happen was a scare tactic.

Because I know how the business works. You honestly think this guy is a PV junkie and needs to buy all these products?

He didn't say he bought it. He said it was sent to him. And this doesn't prove your accusation that he was paid. You obviously don't know the business.

Besides, he says that he gets stuff free all the time, if you ever listen.

I do listen - you're the one who accused him of being paid to review. Now you're skipping around avoiding that.

I get the sense that somebody got their feelings hurt.

Not at all. :) I think you need to stop speculating.

I really am tired of arguing with you so just do me a favor and never respond to me again. I'm not fond of you either.

Fondness or the lack of has nothing to do with it for me. As I asked - how do you know one is better? Have you used both? Do you know for a fact that pbusardo was paid to do a review? If not, don't say it.

You endorse what I believe to be one of the worst product out there, the Volt, an overpriced underpowered, low voltage, non-versatile starter ecig. That and your short time here speaks volumes to me.

I'm not hung up about followings and forum times. You continually bash anything that isn't an Ego twist, vivi nova or now EV1. They aren't the only good products. And bashing suppliers/reviewers using speculation or generalisations isn't on. There is a negative review forum for specifics.
Smokeless Image have mini and fatt batt size Volt pvs - they work great, have kept me off cigs and I'm happy. Using your logic, its a great product because so many people use it. But I recommend it not because of popularity, but because I have used it for quite a while and they are a good product. It's not the only product I have suggested to people.

The KGO vv interests me - its built to handle 6 volts. As I said, I'd like to see more reviews. And a lot of people like voltage higher than the twist gives.

Last edited:

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I don't have the new KGO VV but I did want to say that I have purchased from Hoosiers a few times now and have nothing but the BEST service.

Have you ever purchased from them ShogaNinja?

I think running down suppliers in threads is wrong and should not be allowed we have a place for negative reviews and it is not here in the new members forum.

:offtopic:

But sure, I'll bite:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/search.php?searchid=12257271

I had a similar experience but I didn't write a review here because at the time I was a newbie.

Count yourself among the lucky ones I guess.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
So many people buy the Volt because they are newbies at the time and don't know any better. They have no understanding about batteries or electricity and they just want an easy button to push. It's a trap that too many fall for. Much like Justin Beiber.

Kiwivap, you're blind to anything except what you want to believe. Answering you is like talking to a brick wall. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I'm done with that. I'm not going to argue with you because your points hold no water. Plus, I'm not insane so instead I'll just add you ignore to my ignore list. It's no wonder you only have 1 friend in 2 months. And you're a stalker on top of all that. CREEPY!

I think you'd do better in another (less moderated) forum. This community wasn't made for people like you.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
So many people buy the Volt because they are newbies at the time and don't know any better. They have no understanding about batteries or electricity and they just want an easy button to push. It's a trap that too many fall for. Much like Justin Beiber.

People buy Volts because they are a good product, and Smokeless Image have very good CS.

Kiwivap, you're blind to anything except what you want to believe. Answering you is like talking to a brick wall. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I'm done with that. I'm not going to argue with you because your points hold no water. Plus, I'm not insane so instead I'll just add you ignore to my ignore list. It's no wonder you only have 1 friend in 2 months. And you're a stalker on top of all that. CREEPY!

That's really all unnecessary. Reading the forum and replying to a message is not stalking - this is the sort of thing I'm talking about. Making accusations that aren't true. You are way out of line with this. Now you are trying to do to me what you do to suppliers. The friends thing is no big deal - some-one asked so I said yes. If anything you seem to have stalked me a bit.

This forum is for discussion about electronic cigarettes. Not your personal and speculative attacks.

I think you'd do better in another (less moderated) forum. This community wasn't made for people like you.

Fortunately you are not a moderator.
ETA: If you're inferring I've had problems here - I haven't. This is a great forum. Those sort of inferences don't belong in civil discussion.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Here's a link to one of the best reviews in my mind Pbusardo about the new kog vv. I know alot of people where asking about it including my self. Great review! Thanks Pbusardo.

KGO V.V. 650mAh

Button my kinda suck for some people but in my eyes if your not sure that vv vapin is for u this is a really cheap way to find out.

KGO VV Review - YouTube

Sorry rum87mage - back to the original post. Thanks for the heads up on this.

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL

KGO V.V. 650mAh

KGO VV Review - YouTube
Thanks for the links, rum87...
I've been waiting for the reviewers.
Vape on
Bullette says woof!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread