The new Podstick by Vaporesso-another one of Charlie's reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Hi guys.

I hope you're all doing well? As always a big thank you to @Vaporesso_Chelsea for sending the Podstick through for review and thank you to you guys for reading. I hope it is informative :)

This review will be an unbiased review based on real world testing for the last 14 days minimum. My views are my own.

Ok, let's kick off with a few photos.
20190926_111914.jpg

Apologies for the marks on the Podstick in the above photo but as you can see it has been well tested for several weeks before review and a wipe with a cloth did not remove the marks from my hands :)

20190926_111556.jpg

20190926_111507.jpg

As usual with vaporesso the Podstick is a very well made device. It comes in six different colours and in my opinion is a classy looking device. The six colours are silver, black, blue, gold, phantom and splashed so something for everyone.

In the box you are supplied with..

1. The Vaporesso Podstick.
2. Two pods-1.3 ohm pod pre-installed and a 0.6 ohm pod in the box.
3. One e-juice bottle.
4. USB cable.
5. User manual
6. Warranty card.

The device measures 18x22x111 mm and the pod capacity is 2ml. The 1.3 ohm pod is a Ccell design and the 0.6 ohm pod is meshed.

The battery is a 900Mah and the indicator lights located underneath the power button indicate 20%, 40%, 60%, 80% and 100% charge. The charging current is 1A and the pod is manufactured in Aluminium and PCTG (a high resistance plastic).

20190926_112142.jpg

20190926_111746.jpg

The Vaporesso Podstick is very easy to use. Clicking the power button 5 times within 2 seconds turns the device on and off. Power can be adjusted to achieve 3 different settings. Once on, clicking the power button 3 times will scroll through the different power levels which is indicated by LED around the power button. There are three different levels and their corresponding colours are...

RED = Low
BLUE = Medium
GREEN = High

The Podstick will detect which pod is installed and then supply wattage as follows...

Ccell Pod-Green = 12.5 watts, Blue = 10.5 watts and Red = 9 watts.

Meshed-Green = 22 watts, Blue = 20 watts and Red = 17 watts.

The device defaults to 20 watts (Blue) when the meshed pod is inserted and 12.5 watts when the Ccell pod is inserted.

The Podstick has 5 LED lights under the power button and each one denote 20% so 1 light means 20% and 3 lights 60% and so on up to 5 lights meaning 100% charge.

It had the usual protections...

Overtime protection-10 second puff cutoff.
Short circuit protection.
No load protection-light will flash red 3 times and device will shut off.
Low voltage protection-when battery reaches 3.3 volts red light will flash 3 times and device will shut off.
Overcharge protection-once 100% charge is reached battery will shut off.

Filling the device is extremely easy and is achieved by pressing/sliding the top cap/mouthpiece away from you revealing the fill port. The port is a one way Press to Fill valve which opens once a bottle is inserted and squeezed. The liquid can be seen entering the tank but I found it easier to fill whilst the tank was removed from the Podstick assembly.

20190926_111641.jpg
20190926_111959.jpg

Charlie's conclusions and thoughts.

I like the Vaporesso Podstick a lot. It's a classy device and due to the well known Vaporesso coil technology it works very well. I prefer a direct lung style so i mostly used the 0.6 ohm pod and the vape was superb...very good flavour and draw. The draw is a very slightly restricted direct lung. For those MTL vapers you would use the 1.3 ohm pod and the draw is a slightly loose MTL. MTL flavour is also very good.

The filling mechanism is very easy to use although I did have problems on my first fill. I think that the one way valve was jammed shut. The whole mechanism is a press fit assembly and I think that it had been jammed shut in the factory. I simply had to lever it up slightly an re-press and then it was fine. It doesn't leak which is a big thumbs up.

I mostly used the Vaporesso Podstick on full power and just under before giving it a charge as that is where I preferred my vape experience but the power levels are useful, perhaps more so for the MTL vapers who are likely to want their wattage's lower for their preferences. Obviously a big plus when using the lower wattage settings is that the battery will last much longer. Although overall I managed to vape for most of te day on full power without it needing a charge.

It's a nice compact device and although not the most stealthy it is still a good choice for the stealthy vaper whilst its looks are very nice and I think most of you will agree.

Should I get one???

Well yes the Vaporesso Podstick does its job very well and either the Direct lung, or the MTL vaper will be satisfied with the vape experience. Battery life id good and its a well made device. Charlie is going to give this one a big thumbs up....its a good, well made device.

As always thank you to you guys for reading and thank you also to Vaporesso for sending this through for review. Until the next review happy vaping and take care of yourselves :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread