The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The new tax on July 1st

Discussion in 'MN Vapers' started by VikingQueen, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. VikingQueen

VikingQueen Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2013
    Minnesota
    On the MN Department of Revenue website they list e-cigarettes as taxable. Do any of you know the impact the new tax will have on both gear and juice?

e-Cigarettes

I see this thread on here:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/legislation-news/387871-minnesota-bills-would-increase-tax-e-cigarettes-smokeless-70-95-wholesale-hf-91-hf-509-sf-144-sf-209-a.html

I just wonder about exact numbers. I don't know what amount of tax is on a 30ml bottle at $14, so I also don't know what the increase will do.

Can anybody shed any light on this?

2. VikingQueen

VikingQueen Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2013
    Minnesota
    I walked into a gas station today and saw all the new prices. Being relatively new to vaping (less than 2 weeks), I was morbidly curious to see the new tobacco prices. Ouch!

I haven't seen an impact on the liquid yet. I purchased a sampler from Vermillion River over the weekend. I'm excited to try it out!

3. TLS01

TLS01 Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    MN
    I went into a Kwik Trip this morning to get some sunflower seeds and pay for gas...OUCH is right. I'm glad I quit almost three months ago. As far as e-juice tax goes, I don't know...I get everything online and there are no B&M stores near me (SW metro) so I have no experience with how the new tax affects prices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.