Status
Not open for further replies.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Ok, so for the last month I have trying out a new wick. It is porous ceramic, this wicks as good as 400 SS mesh IMHO. I have gone through about 12 tanks on this wick and coil. Here is a pic of the wick on the top. The wick on the bottom is 400 SS mesh.

3467FF1A.jpg

Here is the wick after 12 tanks of juice:

D851E59A.jpg

And here is a pic of the wick down in the tank:

303AF4F8.jpg

It was produced by a company for an individual, I am not nameing names yet as I have been a beta testor for this wick. I have tested a 1/8" and a 3/32" wick. The pics above show the 3/32" wick in a DUD. I have been given the green light to post my findings from the individual responsible for its creation.

The benifits are there is no need to oxidize, setup is quick and it wicks great. Also I was told that after it gunks up from juice you can remove the wick and tourch it red hot and the wick looks like new again. I have not tried this yet as it is still performing great. It did take a couple tanks for it to break in and really get going. But once that is done it works and tast better than any SS wick IMHO.

The down side, and the only one I can find, it is fragile. Any excessive side force will break the wick. I have wrapped all the coils on the wick off the atty and then connected once wrapped. I am currently running 32ga kanthal @ 2.5 ohms @ 10 watts of power and it is awesome!

I will be out of town for the next 3 days, but wanted to post my findings to date.

I do know of an up comming Co-Op will be offering these with the PV and atty that are being designed and I know one vendor so far that will be carrying these.

Let me reiiterate these are not mine, I am only a beta testor and am not running any co-ops nor selling these. These are being made for another member that wishes to remain anonomous at this time.

When I know more I will post updates.

Dan

Last edited:

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
Been waiting for these to show up after hearing about a member working on getting them into production.
Seems to be a great solution if the ceramic is safe and doesn't fragment over time into unsavory particles for us to inhale.
Fragile is one thing, crumbly is another.
Really looking forward to updates from longer term testing :)

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Been waiting for these to show up after hearing about a member working on getting them into production.
Seems to be a great solution if the ceramic is safe and doesn't fragment over time into unsavory particles for us to inhale.
Fragile is one thing, crumbly is another.
Really looking forward to updates from longer term testing :)

Well 30 days of use and no break down (crumblies)
Will post pics of before and after firing. Was just notified I have two new test wicks coming. Will post updates.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread