Not open for further replies.

EKDP

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Dan
"Also I was told that after it gunks up from juice you can remove the wick and tourch it red hot and the wick looks like new again."

I was lucky enough to do some testing with the wick all so. One wick I received was used so I torched it and it looked like new afterwards. This wick is easy to clean.

I dropped my mod with ceramic wick installed on a carpeted floor from 3' / 1m approx. and it did not break the wick. This was done on purpose to help answer some questions. No I will not drop it on concrete for testing, but if it happens by accident I will post update. :laugh:

I have only gone through 3 tanks. The flavor is not harsh like SS in the beginning & it just keeps getting better. No shorts was a plus.

I did not have these made nor am I selling the wicks. I was just lucky enough to do some testing.

Sorry Dan. I was not trying to highjack your thread.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I have tried inquiring of several ceramic producers for these wicks. I only received one reply, and it was MOQ ~$1500 for custom production. I passed. I knew this would hit the market soon and wanted to be the one to break ground. Unfortunately, it takes mony to make money. Instead, I'll give someone else my money when this is available for use.

Hey, Dan, send excess my way. I have a A7 BF RBA that I want to try this ceramic on.

shaka55

Jul 7, 2010
hawaii
Been using porous ceramics for awhile now and when tempted to try a new manufactured product to see if I’m missing something I always go back to my porous ceramic. The design I’m currently using is different form the one I previously posted about a year ago and the taste is much more superior. Previous design is ceramic wrapped with coil. New design is coil in center of ceramic. I want to design a disconnect system for the coil so when I change coils I don’t need to re-solder. Also a different air intake method so as to avoid flooding when over filling. It’s a simple mod to make and further design improvements would be promising. I mod the Vision Extreme by soldering coil, vertical over air tube. I use rod to support the coil in place while I cover coil with porous ceramic halves that are grinded to shape. Then its wrapped with filler to support the ceramic in place and aid in liquid absorption. The filler can be anything, even gauze. It never burns the filler but I have melted the tubes by ether making mods to small or coil resistance. One time it melted in my chest pocket when my Variable Little Sister switch stuck. Still the filler was not burned. Depending on liquid I usually get two to four days of heavy vaping before for washing filler, dry burning coil, torch burn ceramic red hot and reuse. The ceramic in photo is three months old. There is some other tricks I use to help this mod along but really I would like to spend more time designing this to perfection. Its a juice hog but I guarantee if you try this you’ll love it.

Attachments

• mod-1.jpg
    mod-1.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 673
  • mod-2.jpg
    mod-2.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 564
  • mod-3.jpg
    mod-3.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 563
  • mod-4.jpg
    mod-4.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 600
  • mod-5.jpg
    mod-5.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 583

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I would actually like to see a tube-form porous ceramic with 3-3.5mm ODx2mm IDx .5-.75mm thickness. For my application, I want to slide the wick over the flow tube of the A7 and wrap verical coil. Dunno, really if this is a viable idea, as the coil would be separated from the airflow by the wick. Maybe coil inside the tube? I think that's better.

I'm thinking the dimensions I envision would just about crumble under pressure from fingertips.

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
Hmmm, I had my suspicions about whom, but that clue doesn't help much, lest you mean ID. :)

Now I'm thinking it is one of two people......

For my 'plan' the 3/32" would work better, simple problem and an easy fix.

Well i could be wrong, but I have a ceramic wick atty here from someone who has been working on these wicks in multiple contexts for a long time (genny, pre fabbed atties, etc), I assumed we're all talking about the same person. Not ID though.

Impressed that some US states are so filthy that you even hear about it in Poland :D

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
I would actually like to see a tube-form porous ceramic with 3-3.5mm ODx2mm IDx .5-.75mm thickness. For my application, I want to slide the wick over the flow tube of the A7 and wrap verical coil. Dunno, really if this is a viable idea, as the coil would be separated from the airflow by the wick. Maybe coil inside the tube? I think that's better.

I'm thinking the dimensions I envision would just about crumble under pressure from fingertips.

This would kick with the A7 drilled for side air I think, hell yes

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
This would kick with the A7 drilled for side air I think, hell yes

I had totally overlooked a side hole! Genius! Would it be too airy, tho? Maybe plug the air inlet holes above the connector threads. :shrug:

This idea has started to erail the thread. Sorry. Bowing out for now. Awaiting updates for availability...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread