The nicotine vaccine...my two cents. What's yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
I love this article. It is a great representation of what the government/FDA would like to offer us as a "safe" alternative to smoking instead of ecigs. It also is a great example of the scientific method the FDA is so famous.....infamous?....for.

http://www.alltreatment.com/blog/2012/06/

SmokingMouse.gif

that btw is a rat.....not a mouse. See...they can't even get THAT right.....:ohmy:

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
ummmmm NO!!!... God... there is no way I would even think about being a guinea pig for that one. Genetically modifying a virus and then injecting it into me? Far too many things could go wrong with that... and what if it attacked all stimulants like caffeine as well? Or.... it caused kidney or liver failure? Far too many unknowns with that for me!!! :lol:

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
This reminds me of another "drug vaccine" I have heard about.
This has safety issues and problems written all over it, just as the other vaccine has to this day.
Poor addicts think all of their problems will vanish when their receptors are numbed to a specific drug.
When in reality, nicotine, just like the other drug, has the same "keys" your brain NEEDS to use.
You wind up throwing people into severe depression, bipolar tenancies, emotional mania.
They are thrown into a world where the treat despencer they have used for years is suddenly empty.
I wouldn't doubt that severe depression would be a very normal side effect for this vaccine.
Does this vaccine also throw you into withdrawal when you come into contact with dopamine reuptake drugs?
How about SSRIs or MAOIs? I can promise you all, this is not a good idea.
I'm pretty well versed in drugs and vaccines that mess with your neurotransmitters and they aren't good for you.

If you want to QUIT nicotine, your best bet is counseling, and a controlled taper. Just like with other drugs.
When will the medical community understand that? Why aren't they pushing counseling? The same reason the justice system doesn't? Because it'll WORK? $$?

Last edited:

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I'm not sure that they're good for physical health either. Some of the early studies showed that the nicotine bound by the antibodies was stored in fatty tissue in the body (tested in rats) . I never did find original data the showed that the antibodies were specific to and bound only to nicotine,but did not bind to other substances (substances like choline that are required for making cell membranes and for making the neurotransmitter acetylcholine) .

Studies/clincal trial with vaccines against other substances (illegal ones) showed that one could just use more and overcome the vaccine effects. I think that researchers have stopped trying to make vaccines against those substances.

DragonVapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
San Antonio, TX
HAHA So that is how the virus that starts the Zombie Apocalypse comes into being... if say the modified virus shuts down the acetylcholine receptors completely it would create a state that would best be described as "Super-Alzheimer's" Combine that with the negative effects sensory perceptions, attention span, pleasure and reward sensations and reduced REM sleep... and BAM!... maybe not zombies but certainly a bunch of crazies roaming about... 28 Days Later style.

And Hi

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
DRAGON!!! welcome back zombie lord!

Your supposition is pretty spot on...

i think we'd be able to hear a bit- there aren't that many acetylcholine receptors in the auditory system, and the hallucinations should help with listening for directions. Movement would be a bit difficult, but then again we already knew that about zombies :lol:

DragonVapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Then of course there are the spiritual aspects of such a state. How are you supposed to hear the Creator talking to you when your brain is all Zombified? How will we know what to do?

lol Silly lori... no one listens to any Creator with their brain... one listens to the creator with their heart... (take that as you will)

DragonVapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
San Antonio, TX
DRAGON!!! welcome back zombie lord!

Your supposition is pretty spot on...

i think we'd be able to hear a bit- there aren't that many acetylcholine receptors in the auditory system, and the hallucinations should help with listening for directions. Movement would be a bit difficult, but then again we already knew that about zombies :lol:

Hey CES missed you all (well really only missed you and lori... and mutt... and the other Chris... and maybe a few others whom I forgot to miss while I was missing them)

So it’s good to know my theory was more or less correct... And thinking about it more... depending on how much it effects your vision that may even explain why zombies are distracted by fireworks...

Anyway since you validated my theory maybe I should consider a career change... is 32 too old to become a Scientist?
I title of my thesis will be "Neurological Events that Mimic Zombie-like Behavior where Zombie-like behavior is Defined by the Behavior Zombies Exhibit in Film, Video Games and Other Pop Culture References"
... That is long enough for a thesis title right?

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
I'm not so sure about that Dragon......I'm pretty sure that Zombie Jesus is after my brains. BTW......I forgot to check...did he see his shadow when he came out of his cave on Easter? I just need to know if it's time to tune up the weed whacker yet or if we have more winter coming.

And I think that's a brilliant title for a thesis. Very impressive. But then....people like me are not who you want to impress eh? LOL But no your not too old.....geez I was barely getting sober at 32...I think........

I may have backslid a little in the last 20 years.....

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Heck DV, you're at just the right age to become a scientist. But way too young to get sober ;)
And your thesis title is the perfect length, though i think it also has to have a ':' in it. AND you might be able to get funding for your study
UAB - UAB Magazine - Undead Discovery

LK, i dunno if he saw his shadow-but this spring is sure as heck off kilter, and that's as good a reason as any.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
ooohhhh.....so you think the Universe is trying to tell me something? I get it. So when the grass and weeds get tall enough to habor deer ticks....since the Zombie Cemetery Deer regularly frequent my back yard, I should just let the dogs go ahead and roll around out there....heheheeh.

NO......weeds will die. If I have to pour the 2cycle mix on them and light them on fire...they are history.

well....unless I hear different directly from G-D! I'll keep you posted on that.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
That's a technical question DV will have to answer. If they are attracted to fireworks...well......I mean this is reality we are talking about...not a Frankenstein movie. And those damn deer! They are in league with the Zombies .... I just know it. Why else would they sleep in the cemetery. Not that that's a bad place to sleep...but you know.

hey Katya....somewhere in this quagmire isn't there a photo of the cemetery in my backyard>? I bet Dragon would like to see that....I can't find it on the computer I'm using.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread