The noise when I pulse is gone..why is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

STLJohnny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
MO
So Im rebuilding my rsst just for the third time so Im new. Im using the pulse method and all of a sudden the noise when pulsing went away. My first thought was I broke the wire. Well no my top and bottom coils still glow.
I then thought maybe my battery was too low, well it wasnt it had 3.6v on it and I tried another for the hell of it with no change.

I assume I can scrap the coil Im using and start over and it will work but Im curious why this is happening?
Would like to know in case Im doing something wrong.

Thanks!

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
not really sure of the noise your talking about, maybe I just never payed attension to it. all I can think of is one thing, pulsing the ss mesh is oxidizing it, the heat from the wire is doing the oxidizing so maybe it makes a noise in the process, when this process is over, or when the oxidation is complete the noise stops. so maybe its a good thing

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Maybe you are over wicking or slightly flooding it so it doesn't crackle or give you as much vapour. I know it happens to me with my silica based atomizer. If I open the juice control a bit too much it doesn't make the hissing or crackling sound and vapour is low. Maybe your juice is a bit thin and/or your mesh needs to be denser.

Im sure someone more familiar with Genesis atomizers will ring in.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
After you finish your rebuild the coil will crackle and vapor comes off of the coil. Now I get no crackle and no vapor. Which is why I originally thought i snapped with coil.

I get it now, thought you were talking about something different. sounds like it could possibly be loose coils. if you hold the mod vertical and fire it up with juice in the tank do the coils glow? or nothing happens at all?

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
If you didn't clean your wick properly first, there might be some remnant machine oil from manufacturing burning off. If you juice burn, you might have left-over juice in the wick. If your tank wasn't completely dry first, you might have vaporized whatever moisture was in it. Finger grease from rolling it?

Don't know, just thinking out loud.

gtbb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Cape Coral,Florida
If you didn't clean your wick properly first, there might be some remnant machine oil from manufacturing burning off. If you juice burn, you might have left-over juice in the wick. If your tank wasn't completely dry first, you might have vaporized whatever moisture was in it. Finger grease from rolling it?

Don't know, just thinking out loud.
Like Watt is saying the hiss is from the coil meeting something which is cooling it or stopping it from heating up. A totally dry coil will not hiss just glow.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I haven't added any juice because I only have top and bottom coils glowing right now. I have a 3/4 wrap with 32g 500 mesh. As soon as I get them all glowing nice and even is when I normally add juice. Maybe I'll just start this one over.

it is a good idea to give the mesh a quick torch first. so let me get this right, so your pulse oxidizing and you seem to get a noise as the top & bottom coils oxidize, but the noise goes away after these coils glow. so is the noise coinciding with the oxidizing coils? so now the issue is you cant get the middle coils to glow and now there is no noise? if its not the pre-oxidize of the coil then it could possibly be that the middle coils are to tight, which is usually the tightest coils when making a wrap. its a little harder to make the top and bottom coils to tight because they are not locked in, but it is easier to make the middle coils to tight. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread