The number that really intrigues me

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
York, PA
Yes, my counter shows that I've not lit up a cig in 12 weeks and I haven't given Big tobacco over $800.

But, what really hits home for me is the number of cigarettes I haven't smoked... I noticed today it's over 3,500. Granted, it's not an exact number, but it's close and probably just a bit higher. And it's not a number I'd throw around to a lot of people.

I'm proud to tell people I've quit for 12 weeks. I'm not nearly so proud to say, "I would have smoked 3,500 cigarettes in that time." Too Charlie Sheen.

garyinco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2010
CO, USA
Wanna really blow your mind? Take your same math and figure out how many $'s you've spent over your smoking career. If you've been smoking very long - you won't believe the amount.

I could have had a Ferrari sitting in my garage with what I wasted on the cancer sticks. The understanding of that fact, probably more than anything else, is what got me to quit.

Let's just make sure we don't allow the tobacco and pharmaceutical industries, along with the govt, to do the same thing with the e-cig industry...

TNT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
York, PA
I agree with the money thing... I pondered a long time and then scrimped to buy my beloved iPod touch, while smoking the same amount of money every month without hardly thinking about it. But, I think my mind would still get blown more if dump trucks pulled up in front of my house and dumped the butts of every cigarette I've smoked over the last 30+ years. "I sucked that much pure danger into my lungs... and did it because I liked it?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread