Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Hi all,

I had just typed this up in a reply to one of the NT-forum threads, but when I tried to post it, I was informed the forum had closed.

I figured I'd start this thread, and if previous fans of NT wander in here, make yourselves at home!! Below is the post I was trying to post:

Hmm. Tensions are high here.

Today, I received 9 60ml bottles of 6mg Wakonda. I haven't vaped Wakonda in over a year (I think), but it used to be my favorite juice. I uncapped two bottles and am letting them breathe. The rest will remain sealed for a while.

The Virus was the juice that "clicked" for me and gave me the courage to stomp out that final cigarette over 2 1/2 years ago. Wakonda was the juice that made me think "oh man - I'll NEVER go back." I never did.

But I did go forward. After DIYing for well over a year now, in complete and brutal honesty, I am not surprised to see NT and other juice companies closing up shop. Why? Because DIY is growing - and DIYers know, we can do this, too. Making juice is simply not rocket science. When I am able to make several juices that are as good or better than premium juice, but for a TINY fraction of the price - is it any wonder it's been over a year since I ordered Wakonda? No. No, it's common sense if anything.

That said, I feel immense sorrow today. For this is truly my last order of NT. These 9 bottles of Wakonda are the last I'll ever have. I will enjoy them immensely, for they are unique and wonderful. Clark does have a skill for making eliquid, and IMHO Wakonda is a skilled feat. For one, coffee is difficult to do right in eLiquid - and he did his own coffee extraction for this, as well as the tobacco and vanilla. So it is clearly unique, and not something I could ever replicate. And it's heavenly!!

But for me personally, I just don't care. I'll enjoy these bottles a lot, and spread them out over a year or 2. But I'm cranking out juice that's freaking awesome for less than a buck or two per 30ml. And all I'm doing is forging ahead - learning more - making better stuff. And this is the future of vaping.

For those who don't DIY, and specifically for those who will/would come into the fold eventually, this is a tremendous loss. Would I be where I'm at today if not for NT? If not for awesome juices somebody made for me? Would I be able to say I'll never smoke again if not for Clark??

The FDA certainly plays the largest role in what we're seeing and it is terrible. I do feel the growing DIY community is a part of it, too. When I went DIY, NT lost hundreds of dollars from me alone. Multiply that by however many others went DIY. But the bottom line is, that part of it is a beautiful thing - people moving forward, learning, and taking this "hobby/lifestyle" through the logical next step.

I'm very sad that NT is closing. I remember making so many YT videos reviewing Clark's juices. Some of the most fun I've ever had honestly. I remember late-night video chats with Clark and DaBucs, and Soignee and ShaneGuide. Such, such, such good times.

It is easy for us to scold Clark for throwing away 15k bottles and say "you should've sent that overseas" etc but we must remember that A) Clark is one of us, a human being, who wants to move on and B) doing that costs money. It is easy for us to say "release your recipes" and easy for Clark to say "I didn't liquidate my inventory, and that was what needed to happen for me to release them."

If Clark chooses to release his recipes, he will be doing the DIY community and Nicoticket a favor. He will essentially prove everything he has said NT was about since day one. But, the DIY community does not need his recipes, and if he chooses not to release them, NT will fade into oblivion, only existing through the memory of those who enjoyed his juices a long time ago.

I don't care. But it would be nice if he'd do it as he has nothing to lose, and it would be taken as a wonderful gesture and ensure NT never dies in the world of eLiquid. That's all I have to say about that.

If people stop vaping because they can no longer get their NT, well - so long as they don't return to smoking, they're doing themselves a favor really. If someone returns to smoking because they can't vape their favorite juice, they're not doing themselves a favor and they're choosing to ignore the vast, vibrant DIY community which is here and ready to help them move forward.

All in all, this is just a sad, sad day for me. Clark, I'll miss you, and I'll miss making videos and chatting about the juice. Thanks for the good deal on these last 9 bottles of Wakonda. Tomorrow, I'll load it up, and remember that first hit I ever took of Wakonda beside of a lake one evening, where I thought to myself "damn--smoking is obsolete."

---end post

So - let's just chat, yeah?

Flavored

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
USA
Man, when I saw the forum was closed, I was thinking about posting up a thread in here called "Nicoticket Refugees." Great minds think alike. I gotta check my nic level.

Only thing KB coulda done that I saw was post a deadline date, there were a few on the verge of a purchase who lost out. But, hey, he wasn't making a thin dime on most of those purchases of late after he paid for postage and I expect he'd figured that out. Add to that the fact he was doing about half the packing himself and had another career thing he wanted to do and, as they say, the rest is history.

His products put smoking in the distance of the rear view mirror for a lot of folks. When I had my CASAA PIF thing going, he sent me a massive box of unloved juices that kept me in that business for months. Good egg, that one.

I'll predict that if the FDA gets corrected under Trump, there may be a NT v2.

Hope he sends @Megan Kogijiki Ratchford the recipe for GCD.

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
I found you guys! I went to the NT threads and said "WHAT"
Thanks for getting this started Sloth! And hi Flavored!
Both of your posts hit a cord with me. I can honestly say that NT juice was what got me off cigs. I truly wish Clark the best!
Now to get Megan over here! The NuThouse needs our Megan!

NicoT Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2016
US of A
Dang! Some great posts to kick this thread off!

I'll be chilling here for a while. Knowing me, I'll probably sit on my stash of Nicoticket and when close to running out, will be bugging the heck out of some of you with DIY knowledge. There is already one that experienced the noob questions :w00t::thumbs:

@Rayonati Sloth @Flavored

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
I found you guys! I went to the NT threads and said "WHAT"
Thanks for getting this started Sloth! And hi Flavored!
Both of your posts hit a cord with me. I can honestly say that NT juice was what got me off cigs. I truly wish Clark the best!
Now to get Megan over here! The NuThouse needs our Megan!

I'm here, Flavored tagged me which led me here and here I am. :)

Got your parcel today, thank you dearest! :wub:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I suggest people start diving into DIY now instead of waiting for their stash to dwindle. It takes a bit to get familiar with DIY. That said, it's easy, and you'll be making good juice in no time.

I really hope Clark releases some recipes. I doubt I'd mix any up myself, as the only NT I liked are the ones that involve his own extractions (Wakonda, Virus, Radio--the rest I can do without).

It would rock if he'd release flavoring concentrates. They'd sell well I believe. They'd enable people to keep on with the flavors they like and thus NT would live on.

More and more juice companies will close. FDA or no FDA, the insane prices of premium juice will drive them into their graveyards. The more people that realize "oh, making good juice is easy as hell," the quicker they'll die.

Flavoring concentrates though are cheaper for the manufacturer and cheaper for the consumer. Win/win, unless I'm missing something. I know I'd love Frenilla and Wakonda concentrates :)

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Heh... I remember being new, and Megan teaching me to rebuild a protank coil.

I remember @keithu2 telling me a REO Grand would solve my vaping problems.

I remember the first drag of Virus, thinking "there is hope."

I remember truly befriending Clark, chatting on the phone, and releasing this video which has the most views I've ever had on YouTube:

Times sure are a'changing, and man oh man, it's a trip down memory lane isn't it?

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Wow! If we could get NT flavoring and just mix our own PG/VG preferences and add nic level, how wonderful that would be!
As for me, I will have to start out with something very easy!
Hi @Megan Kogijiki Ratchford ! Hi @NicoT Vaper

It's time for me to move my comfy recliner here! Thanks to Sloth we have a new home!

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Heh... I remember being new, and Megan teaching me to rebuild a protank coil.

I remember @keithu2 telling me a REO Grand would solve my vaping problems.

I remember the first drag of Virus, thinking "there is hope."

I remember truly befriending Clark, chatting on the phone, and releasing this video which has the most views I've ever had on YouTube:

Times sure are a'changing, and man oh man, it's a trip down memory lane isn't it?

I remember all those things! What an awesome video and Megan also taught me how to build my very first coil!

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Marzipan - funny, I'm vaping cheesecake with almond and Marzipan as we speak :)

That's just it, really - flavoring concentrates would ROCK - can you imagine tailoring your favorite NT flavor to your preferred PG/VG ratio, especially @Pictor and those with PG allergies??

Premium juice is great but dictates things like PG/VG, Nic strengths, etc. What if I want Wakonda at 4mg? What if Pictor NEEDS Virus @ high VG? Clark says Virus goes flat - but does it, to Pictor's palette??

Concentrates would ROCK :hubba:

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
That baked apple sounds really good! Maybe I can make a Band Camp clone!
I really like all I've tried. Super easy as the % needed is listed on the bottle though their buttery flavors aren't very buttery IMO probably due to their stance on keep their bad stuff levels low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread