The Official Canvape Vamo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
Since Canvape now has a sub forum on ECF and is an official forum supplier let us get a few start up threads going.

I am going to start things off with a discussion about the Vamo Variable Voltage/Variable Wattage! w/RMS! V2

Well what can I say besides The Vamo is turning out to be the best PV I have owned to date.

If you are thinking of an upgrade I highly recommend this device. It is a VV\VW device for a very reasonable price.

The base unit is $50. Add in a charger and extra batteries and for under $120 (incl. shipping) you get a very cool pv.

I love this thing ,,, Solid, sturdy, multiple battery configurations, menu system is easy to use, VV/VW, 3- 6 volts, 3 - 15 watts, 5 amp cut off limit, rms/avg mode, atty resistance reading, works great with the large Vivi Nova tank. Requires an adapter if using with eGo connector.

Currently using it in VW/rms mode with two stacked 18350 batts. Even though I have the 2000 mAh Efest batts, I am leaning towards using the stacked configuration as the starting voltage is about 8.3 volts.

Come folks, jump right in with your comments ... This unit deserves a lot of discussion!

SoUnique

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Onatrio, Can.
I for one love mine and without a doubt the best $50 I've ever spent on hardware.
It's not very often that I get more then one of anything, but as soon as I tried the Vamo and felt the depth of vaping like never before, I knew it was love :wub: So I picked up a second.

I'm not a technical person at all, so the only comparison I can give is this, switching from a Lave Tube to the Vamo is comparable to switching from a 510 auto to a VV eGo KSD. I used those as examples because that's my vaping progression in the last year.

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
I for one love mine and without a doubt the best $50 I've ever spent on hardware.
It's not very often that I get more then one of anything, but as soon as I tried the Vamo and felt the depth of vaping like never before, I knew it was love :wub: So I picked up a second.

I'm not a technical person at all, so the only comparison I can give is this, switching from a Lave Tube to the Vamo is comparable to switching from a 510 auto to a VV eGo KSD. I used those as examples because that's my vaping progression in the last year.

I can't comment on the LT. My previous mod was the Vision Tox, okay but nothing like the Vamo.
2 Vamos? Wow, talk about having a backup.

Glad to hear you are liking the Vamo :)

Come on folks .... post your comments!

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
The price is down to $46 on this now. :)

I'm so tempted to grab it, but after watching the videos on the eVic I'm conflicted.

In my opinion the Vamo is cheaper and has the shorter configuration with an 18350, BUT .. the eVic will probably be higher quality, have a native 510 and ego connection, charge via usb and as far as I can tell comes with one 18650, so I can save money initially and put off buying 18650s/18350s and a charger. I'm guessing the whole kit will come in at ~$100-120.

I'm going to hold off until an english review or two on the eVic shows up and see what canvape's price is, before I decide between the Vamo and eVic. The wait is killing me though. :)

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
Do you recommend 1 or 2 batteries? Flat or nipple top?
I think Canvape recommends the nipple top however according to them it really doesn't make any difference at all. Based on the recommendation I went with the nipple top.

If you want more available volts go with the 2 - 18350s. This will give you 8.2 volts.
However what you need to consider is the device cut off voltage. If using 2 batts, the device should display LO voltage at 6.4 volts.

When using a single 18650 the cut off voltage is 3.2 volts.

There are other considerations using a stacked battery configuration. You should research stacked batteries on ECF before making a decision.

Last edited:

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
The price is down to $46 on this now. :)

I'm so tempted to grab it, but after watching the videos on the eVic I'm conflicted.

In my opinion the Vamo is cheaper and has the shorter configuration with an 18350, BUT .. the eVic will probably be higher quality, have a native 510 and ego connection, charge via usb and as far as I can tell comes with one 18650, so I can save money initially and put off buying 18650s/18350s and a charger. I'm guessing the whole kit will come in at ~$100-120.

I'm going to hold off until an english review or two on the eVic shows up and see what canvape's price is, before I decide between the Vamo and eVic. The wait is killing me though. :)

Do you really need a puff counter? :)

subreptice13

Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
marseille (france)
  • Deleted by Caridwen
  • Reason: Deleted wrong forum

the alchemist

Oct 30, 2012
Montreal, Canada
I think Canvape recommends the nipple top however according to them it really doesn't make any difference at all. Based on the recommendation I went with the nipple top.

If you want more available volts go with the 2 - 18350s. This will give you 8.2 volts.
However what you need to consider is the device cut off voltage. If using 2 batts, the device should display LO voltage at 6.4 volts.

When using a single 18650 the cut off voltage is 3.2 volts.

There are other considerations using a stacked battery configuration. You should research stacked batteries on ECF before making a decision.

Thanks Tom! I'm really tempted to order it as my first APV, do you have any particular recommendations for tanks? I like the Vivi Nova but would like to try something else :)

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
Thanks Tom! I'm really tempted to order it as my first APV, do you have any particular recommendations for tanks? I like the Vivi Nova but would like to try something else :)

Good to hear you are leaning towards the Vamo. I like the Novas and will be sticking with them for now. IMO, they work best using 36 awg nichrome and cotton. My coils are wrapped 5/6 (about 5 ohms) and gives a remarkable vape on the Vamo using rms VW 8 - 10 watts.

I think I finally got my perfect vape down to a fine art ... :)

the alchemist

Oct 30, 2012
Montreal, Canada
Good to hear you are leaning towards the Vamo. I like the Novas and will be sticking with them for now. IMO, they work best using 36 awg nichrome and cotton. My coils are wrapped 5/6 (about 5 ohms) and gives a remarkable vape on the Vamo using rms VW 8 - 10 watts.

I think I finally got my perfect vape down to a fine art ... :)

Sounds awesome! What about that Genesis DiD Clone, any thoughts on that? I'm already making a cart ;)

NickFit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2012
Newfoundland
If you order the solo unit it's ready to go. If you order the kit gotta make the first one yourself with what you find in the tin. Good luck :)

I ordered the kit... so it looks like I am on my own for the first setup! :confused:

Oh well, I've been watching videos on youtube and it should be easy as pie, right?:p I have to do it eventually, might as well dive in.

Halo on the way too! You guys must be busy, but that is a good thing!

Illuminatu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2011
Nomad
I'm totally giving myself a new Mod for Christmas so sick of vaping on returns :(

Those gift from yourself to yourself are the bestesest, Just saying ;)

Can't wait to try the Vamo, it looks solid and half price of the Zmax which I was going to pull the trigger on, now back to email/Mail stalking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread