The Official Nicoticket " Get the most from your juice thread."

Status
Not open for further replies.

5spike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
WI
Anyone have a general suggestion for coil wrapping the fruity stuff ie: Gravity, Apricot Ambition, Betelgeuse... What I'm getting at is not so much ohm (mine are usually between 1.2 - 1.8) but more like do you recommend loose coils -vs- coils touching, 28ga -vs- 30ga, etc... I like my fruit, but it seems like my coils get gummed up pretty quick and stop producing much vapor after a half day. My coils are generally either 28ga x 7 loops all touching each other or 30ga x 4 loops not touching very much. Atty is a Spheroid. Wick is 2mm silica lasso. I'm using a mech (Atmizoo Lab) and AW IMR 18500 batteries and switching batteries when they hit about 4.0V because the flavor is muted and I figure more heat may be needed. Kind of getting to be high maintenance.
I find wicking with the rayon has cut the coil gunking considreably. I use 28g 1.2 ohm micro coil in my kayfun and the flavor is awesome with fruits.

motabrownie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Lawrence, KS
Still playing with this one myself! Band camp is awesome but I am finding it to be very build specific.

Me too. Im loving it at around .6-.8ohm but not so much around 1.5ohm. Ive just done single coil so far. Its still good at higher ohms but the apple is totally different.

RageKage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2014
Haddonfield, NJ
Good thread idea!

I was having trouble with muted flavors in my Magma RDA. I was running a single 28 gauge kanthal microcoil wrapped on a 3/32 drill bit reading 1.4 ohms. The flavor was just meh, not as dense as what I get from my KFL+ running an identical build. I posted another thread in the RBA forum that suggested dual coils instead of single and/or using 30 gauge kanthal, or that I was just out of luck because I'm firing on a regulated 15 watt device.

I tried dual coils, but they were slower to heat up and produced much less vapor. I tried a single 30 gauge coil and got a slight improvement, but not much. What I ultimately did was twisted 30 gauge kanthal, then wrapped a coil (don't remember inner diameter at this point, but wider than the 3/32) to 1.3 ohms, and my flavor has doubled...

I'll try to remember to get my camera out after I get home from work to see if I can get a decent pic of the build.

On the topic of KFL+ builds, I have found that I enjoy all NT flavors in my KFL+. I typically run a 28 gauge kanthal 1.3 to 1.5 build on my regulated 15 watt device. I wick with Peaches and Cream cotton yarn and find that I don't get the same break-in flavor period I got when using cotton balls. It's tasty from the first pull. I typically change the wick every two to three tanks, unless I'm noticing a burnt sugar taste before then. I found with CB, GCD and CLS that I need to dry burn and rewick a little more often...

Last edited:

RageKage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2014
Haddonfield, NJ
Good thread idea!

I was having trouble with muted flavors in my Magma RDA. I was running a single 28 gauge kanthal microcoil wrapped on a 3/32 drill bit reading 1.4 ohms. The flavor was just meh, not as dense as what I get from my KFL+ running an identical build. I posted another thread in the RBA forum that suggested dual coils instead of single and/or using 30 gauge kanthal, or that I was just out of luck because I'm firing on a regulated 15 watt device.

I tried dual coils, but they were slower to heat up and produced much less vapor. I tried a single 30 gauge coil and got a slight improvement, but not much. What I ultimately did was twisted 30 gauge kanthal, then wrapped a coil (don't remember inner diameter at this point, but wider than the 3/32) to 1.3 ohms, and my flavor has doubled...

I'll try to remember to get my camera out after I get home from work to see if I can get a decent pic of the build.

On the topic of KFL+ builds, I have found that I enjoy all NT flavors in my KFL+. I typically run a 28 gauge kanthal 1.3 to 1.5 build on my regulated 15 watt device. I wick with Peaches and Cream cotton yarn and find that I don't get the same break-in flavor period I got when using cotton balls. It's tasty from the first pull. I typically change the wick every two to three tanks, unless I'm noticing a burnt sugar taste before then. I found with CB, GCD and CLS that I need to dry burn and rewick a little more often...

A couple iPhone pics of this build. Im surprised I could actually catch this much detail on my phone, but here it is. Not the best looking build around, but it kicks some flavor for sure.

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
I am going to interject something about Kayfun's. I have tried every wicking out there for them with the darker juices. I get best flavor and longevity with ceramic ReadyXwick. Next up is KGD with Peaches and Cream cotton yarn after that.

Of all NT juices I have tried, very well steeped GCD is the one that gunks up coils faster than any other and Radio not far behind.

For most fruits, you need to turn the heat up more. Silica fails me completely there.

built4feel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
South Central PA, USA
Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

Now for my experience so for with the magma infinite clone...the only time I've had bad flavor/problems was from over wicking- with organic cotton (or it was empty or the coil was gunked :laugh: ). At first i was using an mvp with 30awg dual macro coils around 1ohm. Once i got a dna30, i started doing 28awg dual macro coils around 1ohm as well... At first I was using way too much cotton for it to be efficient (sometimes ID get a dry hit when it was still half full).

I was fortunate enough to get a large sample of rayon from a NT family member and I have been using that with a lot better results, and have made the switch to just single macro coil builds with 28awg around 1.5ohms..They are a lot easier to build/rewick and have seemed to be about the same if not better in flavor than duals 1 ohm coils with cotton or CCR.

From the CCR (rayon) thread here in the NT sub forum, I learned to start trimming my tails to make them long enough to just reach bottom of the magma well (or any RDA deck), with awesome flavor everytime...I keep the the CCR wick as thick as possible and all the strands going in the same direction. Once it gets lower in juice, you can tilt the magma back while hitting it, to help aid the wicks in absorbing juice. I havent tried it with cotton yet, because I've been enjoying this method far too much.

I will try the twisted 30awg soon and let you know what I think! ^^
Anyway, hope this helps. ;)

6etypavy.jpg

Last edited:

Augmented Dog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Good morning all!
So... I don't use a mod and do not (yet) build my own coils or have any RBAs ($ and eyesight limitations).
I have a cpl of 1300 mah vv/vw ego type bats, a kanger 1000mah vv, iTaste 3.0 and, currently, several pt2 and pt3 minis - most wearing a v2 aerotank base. And a reg size pt 3 and pt 2. I'm not going to limit myself to my current hardware, so suggestions for alternative tanks/clearos are encouraged.
In the meantime, what combinations of battery, tank and coil resistance should I use to get the best flavor from Nicoticket juices.
I have Frenilla, CLS, Creme Brûlée, Wakonda and the Virus - all new and still steeping.
Help!

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Good morning all!
So... I don't use a mod and do not (yet) build my own coils or have any RBAs ($ and eyesight limitations).
I have a cpl of 1300 mah vv/vw ego type bats, a kanger 1000mah vv, iTaste 3.0 and, currently, several pt2 and pt3 minis - most wearing a v2 aerotank base. And a reg size pt 3 and pt 2. I'm not going to limit myself to my current hardware, so suggestions for alternative tanks/clearos are encouraged.
In the meantime, what combinations of battery, tank and coil resistance should I use to get the best flavor from Nicoticket juices.
I have Frenilla, CLS, Creme Brûlée, Wakonda and the Virus - all new and still steeping.
Help!

Do you happen to have any 1.8 ohm coils?

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Sure, for the pt2s. Pt3s and TD3 have 2.0 and 1.5.

Run those 1.5's in your PT's with that iTaste @ 3.7-4.2 volts and you should be just fine. The Crème Brulee and the Virus like the heat.

For a special treat, mix yourself a little 70/30 blend of Virus/ Frenilla. Amazing vape and my all day favorite. ;)

Augmented Dog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Run those 1.5's in your PT's with that iTaste @ 3.7-4.2 volts and you should be just fine. The Crème Brulee and the Virus like the heat.

For a special treat, mix yourself a little 70/30 blend of Virus/ Frenilla. Amazing vape and my all day favorite. ;)

Thank you!

motabrownie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Lawrence, KS
Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

Now for my experience so for with the magma infinite clone...the only time I've had bad flavor/problems was from over wicking- with organic cotton (or it was empty or the coil was gunked :laugh: ). At first i was using an mvp with 30awg dual macro coils around 1ohm. Once i got a dna30, i started doing 28awg dual macro coils around 1ohm as well... At first I was using way too much cotton for it to be efficient (sometimes ID get a dry hit when it was still half full).

I was fortunate enough to get a large sample of rayon from a NT family member and I have been using that with a lot better results, and have made the switch to just single macro coil builds with 28awg around 1.5ohms..They are a lot easier to build/rewick and have seemed to be about the same if not better in flavor than duals 1 ohm coils with cotton or CCR.

From the CCR (rayon) thread here in the NT sub forum, I learned to start trimming my tails to make them long enough to just reach bottom of the magma well (or any RDA deck), with awesome flavor everytime...I keep the the CCR wick as thick as possible and all the strands going in the same direction. Once it gets lower in juice, you can tilt the magma back while hitting it, to help aid the wicks in absorbing juice. I havent tried it with cotton yet, because I've been enjoying this method far too much.

I will try the twisted 30awg soon and let you know what I think! ^^
Anyway, hope this helps. ;)

6etypavy.jpg

Very nice! Been loving my Magma so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread