A tobh is make/model of a dripper.
ID5wp87.jpg

Last edited:

Havoxx

Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
Wisconsin
Hey everyone!
So I just placed an order for a taifun and I was wondering if anyone could give me some build suggestions for it.

I've been using protank 2 minis pretty exclusively for a bit and have been experimenting with rebuilding the stock coils. But I wanted something with a larger tank for my ADV which will probably be Wakonda or Virus.
I will be running this on an MVP 2.

Any suggestions for my build would be awesome. Thanks!

motabrownie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Lawrence, KS
Holllly 3mm!!! I just tried the 3mm diameter with 28ga with 6/7 wraps for a 1.4ohm single coil in my Magma, experimenting with the suggestion from earlier to try larger diameter for "fruity" vapes...I wicked with rayon and loaded up some Apricot Ambition, using the largest airhole on the magma...WOW, I've never had my magma working this good before or tasted the apricot like this - FULL on flavor with tons of vapor (last time I tried AA it was in my igo-w with a crappy build/wicking, but Im doing this exact same coil build on it right now). . I placed the coil basically right above the airhole in the magma (1mm?)...

I was looking for Igo-w coil builds, and I found a thread on ECF, where this one dude was saying how the coil wraps benefit from space in between each other- not fully compressed. I guess Im experimenting with 3mm diameter 28ga spaced out coils...? Hopefully this will do well on the IGO-w, but I just had to share and ask if anyone uses this spaced out coil method?

edit2: Basically the wraps have tiny tiny gaps in between them...nothing too spread out ...and they do glow from the inside out still. I didnt go wrapping them super tight like the times I have before on 2mm builds, which had more wraps...

edit3: Yea, this single 28ga, 3mm 6/7 wraps- 1.4ohms in the Igo-W is way, way better and easier than the duals I was trying.... thanks for the tip Distorto.

I gotta try this new thing theyre calling '3mm' lol. Seriously, Im gonna try this today on my Quasar first, and if I like it Ill give it a go on the Magma. I just recently started trying smaller diameter and havent noticed much of a difference.

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
When building in mm's I always use one of these. Jewelers wire looping tool. About 5 bucks for the set on Amazon. ( The small one of course)

It steps up from 1.5,2,3,4 and then 5 mm. The step ups help get the coils started. It is also great for making adjustments and centering or raising the coils once they are rolled without distorting them. ( For deep welled rda's I still use the corresponding drill bits to adjust the coils accordingly)

wire coiling tool.....jpg

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
I always build single coils into the dual coil Kangers. I place a small flavor wick on top of the coil to fill the gap. Blotto is right...its a serious PITA to do dual coils in those.

With a little larger diameter coil or a little longer legs on the coil, You can eliminate that extra flavor wick.....;)

Also, I use nothing but different sized drill bits when wrapping and building the Kanger coils although I see that others use toothpicks.

motabrownie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Lawrence, KS
With a little larger diameter coil or a little longer legs on the coil, You can eliminate that extra flavor wick.....;)

Also, I use nothing but different sized drill bits when wrapping and building the Kanger coils although I see that others use toothpicks.

I just busted out the 1/8" drill bit! Probably too big for PT coils but Im gonna try it on some RDA's. I usually use 5/64" for PT coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread