The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The old, green TPA Tobacco Blend

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by sariimi, Nov 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. sariimi

sariimi Full Member

Nov 19, 2017
    Hi all from Hungary, I am new to this forum. :toast:
    Does anyone know any sources where I could get some of the good old, discontinued, green colour TPA Tobacco Blend flavouring? It is my top favourite, and I have only 10ml left.
    I tried to create it using Tobacco Absolute and Ethyl Maltol using a recipe I found by googling, but it is not the same. Every batch makes a brownish result, with a totally different taste than the one I am looking for.
    Or if you know a flavouring that tastes the same, please tell me. I use FA 7 Leaves for example, which is slightly similar, but there might be better ones.
    Thank you in advance!

2. IDJoel

IDJoel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Hi @sariimi; and welcome to ECF! :D
    I can't envision what you are describing. Any chance you could post a photo of the label?

Also, The Perfumer's Apprentice is often quite helpful to individual inquiries; you might try asking them directly. Here is the link to their contact page:
    Perfumers Apprentice - Contact Us

If it is their discontinued M Type Premium Tobacco flavor; they have posted the recipe to make the concentrate yourself, and they sell both ingredients required to make it.

First; here is the recipe:
    4oz of Bitter Nut Extra Flavor + 1.4ml Tabanon (Approximately 18 drops) = M-Type (purchase 4ml Tabanon)

Or, for a larger batch:
    16oz of Bitter Nut Extra Flavor + 5.625 ml (Approximately one 4ml vial + 32 drops) of Tabanon = M-Type (purhase two 4ml Tabanon or one 15ml Tabanon).

Or, if you want a jumbo batch:
    Bitter Nut Extra Flavor- 1 gallon
    Tabanon - 45 grams (one 1oz bottle plus one 15ml bottle)

And here are the links for the two ingredients:
    Perfumers Apprentice - Bitter Nut Extra Flavor

Perfumers Apprentice - Tabanon

Both items look to be acceptable for international shipping. Here is the link to TPA's shipping policies:
    Shipping Information

I would suggest contacting them and getting conformation that they will ship to Hungary before you place any order.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. sariimi

sariimi Full Member

Nov 19, 2017
    Dear IDJoel, thank you very much for your reply. I do know M-Type well, and have loads of it, since it is one of my favourites. I have also contacted TPA before, and gave me the "Tobacco Blend" recipe, which is made from Tobacco Absolute and Ethyl Maltol. I had no success, the result is nice, but not the same. They say it is because tobacco extract is not consistent in quality. I'll take photos soon, but it is not in its original bottle, it is re-packaged. But you will see its distinctive green colour at least.

• Like Like x 3
  4. SCOTT-3

SCOTT-3 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2012
    london u.k
    IMAG0852.jpg
    Welcome@sarlimi, Nice to see a fellow absolute vaper as very few on absolute's,Not sure if photo any help to you as unobtainable now, the small bootle at 1-10 p/g mix is dark olive colour, there is a few outlets in U.K that sell premixed absolute which probable same as mine in photo, Can't place them at moment.

• Like Like x 2
  5. SCOTT-3

Feb 2, 2012
    london u.k
    @dannyv45 Is the man who could help you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sariimi

sariimi Full Member

Nov 19, 2017
    Thank you all, pals. Here's the photo of the baby I want (I did not shake it up on purpose): DSC_0004.JPG [​IMG]
    I have plenty of TA, but I colud not create this green material of it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. roygodbold

roygodbold Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    virginia
    Search the forums (or try to send a message to Scubabatdan (might be wrong spelling?)
    Long time ago he published what he used for all his tobacco bases, seemed to be exactly
    like the tobacco blend (I used to buy the TPA, back then they had an alcohol based or
    PG based version). The Scubabatdan recipe seemed to match it perfectly when I made it,
    even the greenish color. If I remember correctly it was only made from the TA, EM, and PG.
    You might be using too much TA? Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  8. roygodbold

Aug 4, 2010
    virginia
    Search the forums (or try to send a message to Scubabatdan (might be wrong spelling?)
    Long time ago he published what he used for all his tobacco bases, seemed to be exactly
    like the tobacco blend (I used to buy the TPA, back then they had an alcohol based or
    PG based version). The Scubabatdan recipe seemed to match it perfectly when I made it,
    even the greenish color. If I remember correctly it was only made from the TA, EM, and PG.

9. sariimi

sariimi Full Member

Nov 19, 2017
    Wow, thanks roygodbold. The ingredients match, I have also used TA, EM, and PG. TPA told me that "It sounds like you're doing everything as we'd recommend. Remember that Tobacco Absolute is a natural plant extract, so it's character will vary significantly by crop batch and source. This is probably where you're noticing a difference." Was your TA brownish?
    Update: Is this the recipe with Seedman's TOB506 in it?

10. SCOTT-3

Feb 2, 2012
    london u.k
    Looks like the not so "clean" Nicotina rustica TA it's in the name, And not the cleaner Bulgarian TA.

• Like Like x 1
  11. roygodbold

Aug 4, 2010
    virginia
    Right, scubabatdan used the different Seedmans in his mixtures but they weren't needed for just
    the Tobacco Blend. The TA I used (which I believe is no longer sold) was that very thick brown kind
    (used the tip of a toothpick to measure it out)

12. sariimi

sariimi Full Member

Nov 19, 2017
    Yes, my TPA TA is the very thick, brown one. Now the quest is to find out how to get Seedmans from Hungary ;) Was it the ingredient that made your tobacco blend green?

13. roygodbold

Aug 4, 2010
    virginia
    No. I'm pretty sure the green was from the TA. The seedmans was just an extra flavor, not needed.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Everyone's probably way ahead of me on the following, but I thought it worth posting. SO many flavors look uniform, but likely they aren't after sitting on a shelf for a period.

I learned the hard way to shake all my flavors until my arms ache each time I mix juice. TA is especially hard to get uniform since it's so dark. Once I started shaking the flavor bottles I started getting much better flavor and more predictable mixes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. tokarev

tokarev Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2009
    Tennessee, USA
    You're not wrong about the green color. Years ago I bought a tiny vial of TA fom Perfumer's Apprentice that had the same green color when I diluted it in PGA. I haven't bought any TA since then so I have nothing newer to compare it to but I remember being surprised at the green color. I'm only guessing, but I suspect the color was specific to that particular batch of TA. I do use NET flavorings from NudeNicotine but they are brownish in color.

16. sariimi

sariimi Full Member

Nov 19, 2017
    I tried 4 batches of TA in the past months. Used magnetic stirrer when diluting. They are all the same, nice, but do not taste as the green one. So I guess the only solution is to find a flavoring that resembles the green one. Like FA 7 leaves. Do you know anything similar?

17. tokarev

tokarev Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2009
    Tennessee, USA
    I'm afraid I don't know of any similar TA. I'm not even sure I remember what the green TA tasted like. I don't use TA anymore. I currently use NudeNicotine's tobacco and honey tobacco flavorings both standalone and sometimes in other mixes. They are NET flavorings and very strong (0.5-1.5% suggested - I use 0.5%). I hesitate to call them TA but they are pretty similar. Both have a very good tobacco taste. All you can do is keep trying different things until you find one you like. That green colored TA may just have been a one-time thing, never to be seen again.

18. sariimi

sariimi Full Member

Nov 19, 2017
    I think you a right, thanks for the answer. FA 7Leaves will do till I find something better.

19. SCOTT-3

Feb 2, 2012
    london u.k
    Give Aromatherapy suppliers a search you might get lucky, As absolutes are there thing.

20. Andree

Andree New Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Has Anyone tried FA cowboy blend?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.