The ONE thing that turns me off of vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Provangelist

May 25, 2012
USA
USPS! I always time my orders just perfectly so that as soon as I run out of supplies, more come in the mail. Or SHOULD come in the mail. Most online vendors seem to use USPS, and EVERY TIME I've had my things shipped via USPS, they were late. So on the day it's supposed to arrive, I run out of juice or cartos or something, and I just have to wait for my wonderful country's postal service to drop my stuff off whenever they feel like it.

This time, my package was supposed to arrive yesterday, and, of course, it didn't. The tracking said 'notice left', 'undeliverable as addressed', and 'addressee unknown'. There was no notice left, and I've been shipping things to the same house for over a year, so there's no reason they couldn't find the place.

I ended up sending them an email, and got a phone call this morning, from a man named Mike, who assured me the package would be delivered today. The tracking still says 'addressee unknown' as of yesterday, while tracking on another package says 'out for delivery' so I'm not bankin' on it. It would be nice, for ONE TIME, if they were on time.

The worst part is that one package is full of cartos and a tank, and the other is full of juice and drip tips, so I get no use out of one without having the other.

I'm sure I'll calm down once I get my things.

tamarahvt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Springfield, VT
I'm sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. :( I'm lucky where I live as the USPS is more on the ball here than the alternative shipping companies are. I had placed an order for an online friend who lives in Kansas City and I watched the tracking show them taking two weeks to deliver a package *after* it had arrived at her local post office.

Provangelist

May 25, 2012
USA
Yes, with this order, I got 20 cartos, and 60ml of juice, so I should be good for a while. I have a backup device, I just never order enough cartos or juice. And I'm sure I'll be ordering more juice in the near future. I finally got my stuff, and it's great, but my Ming didn't show up with my package. My Pawn and my Knucklehead did though, so that's good for now.

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
Worse than hording is going thru old orders to reduce your supply and finding out why you did not like the 50 + juices you have for way too long and subject yourself to now.(have been doing this for a month and it painful).When its not to your liking after a month chalk it up to it does not work and get rid of it and move on.

bjannr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
Planning, planning, planning. Just order a few days before you usually do. For me, I don't have to order anything for a loonnngg time, but I will probably see a sale, or something on the classifieds I just can't pass up. I hate paying full price for anything. But worse than that would be running out of juice, or hardware.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
When it comes down to it, you're human, so is the USPS! First bad (i.e. late delivery) experience, shame on dem; second time, shame on you.
nono.gif

Have at lest two weeks of supplies AT ALL TIMES!!!
cop-donkey.gif

Better luck da next time... look out, here it comes...

JudeD

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
PA
I'm well stocked with supplies but I know what you mean. I started a thread about it the other day. I especially hate when they tease you with "expected delivery" or even "guaranteed delivery" and then---nothing. Even though I don't need what's being delivered, I want what's being delivered, so I'm crushed when the mailman comes and goes without leaving what's supposed to be there. At least with UPS, I know that they could still turn up as late as seven at night, but with USPS, once they've come by, they won't be back until the next day. :(

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I especially hate when they tease you with "expected delivery" or even "guaranteed delivery" and then---nothing.(

<chuckle> I gave up da USPS 'tracking' bloodhound thing a looong time ago. Makes an ol' dogs time in da tree less stressful; especially with the China orders!
Waiting.gif

toothy.gif

base234

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
Over the edge...
Living very close to the east coast, I found out a long time ago that a hurricane or nor'easter can shut down USPS or UPS for up to a week. Not to mention having no electricity and grocery stores and gas stations being closed. A week's worth of food, water, ammo, batteries and vaping supplies are a bare minimum for me. I can assure you that I have much more than that on hand at all times.

2GLR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2012
Cedar Rapids
So how much should one stock up?
I just bought 30 cartos to last at least a month, is that enough?
I looked in my former humidor and found I have around 200 ml of e juice, should I buy another 500?
I am interested in sound arguments for this backup of a backup.
I need good points to convince my wife I need 2 provari's for my birthday.
Do you think they'll have a provari V3 by October?

Tracey1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
Tampa, Fl
Hi 2GLR,

1. Your cartos should last you an easy 3 months. And that is changing it out every three days. Some cartos will last a week or two. (I usually change them out every 3 to 5 days.)

2. 200 mls of juice will last you a good bit of time. People vape different amounts of juice. Some vape 2 or 3 mls a day. Some vape 8 or 10 mls a day. Just pay attention for a few days to see approximately what you vape in a day. Keep in mind we tend to vape substantially more on the weekends as opposed to work days.

3. Have a least 2-4 back up batteries. I've heard stories of people ruining 2 batteries in a day. (Especiallly the slim, lower mAh batts. But the fat bats like Ego, Kgo and others too). Make sure you have what you need to hold you over until you are able to order and receive what you need to replace your stock. Again, this depends on your particular vaping habits. Get enough to be comfortable should something happen to them. I've also heard stories where people have lost their gear or had it stolen. I CARRY enough with me on a daily basis to last me at least 24 hours in case I find myself in an emergency situation. Like sitting in a hospital waiting room with a loved one. I also have 3 small batteries with me that I keep in a separate should something like a theft happen or just when I would like to be able to stealth vape while shopping.

4. A lot of folks don't think about having a back up charger. I have more than a few on hand. You may even want to consider having an extra to keep at the office so you don't need to tote it back and forth every day.

5. A car charger is a good item to have on hand to use during power emergencies. Here in Florida, we are subject to power outages during tropical storms and hurricanes. A car charger solves that issue. You can also use a pass-thru with a lot of the car chargers. Check to be sure when you order one and make sure it can be used with your particular charger as well.

I always have two mods, 6 big batteries, 3 small e-cig batts, assorted cartos, a carto punch, a few tanks, and 2 ten ml bottles of juice with me. I have two small cases that I use to carry it all in. I don't care how much stuff I need to carry with me. I want to put forth the effort to ensure that I will not have to resort to smoking a cigarette ever again. Under any circumstance.

Hope that helps.

Tracey :)

Provangelist

May 25, 2012
USA
Once, I had a delivery for next day shipping, and it arrived, I do believe, four days later. That's kind of how it is with any company around here. Incredibly unreliable, and unprofessional. I tried to get a reimbursement for the extra $20 I had to pay for the next day air shipping, and they just blew it off. But I got my stuff today, and I'll probably be ordering more juice tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread