The only way PTB works...

Status
Not open for further replies.

d0kieSmok

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Lake Katrine NY
for me anyway.. i open up an entire teabag by cutting the top off and then pulling it apart. I dont bother cutting off the seams.

I fold it up so its the correct width for the cart.

Now @ this pont i do it completely different. I do not fold it in half, i leave it long.

Next is the most important part: i take scissors and make 4 vertical cuts up the rolled PTB, as long as the cart or longer, hold it all together and shove it in the cart. trim it FLUSH w/ the top of the cart. What u should be left w/ is shredded PTB in the cart. (if u dont make the verticle cuts long enough, the very top of the cart wont be shredded)

when u chop it off flush w/ the cart. You should be cutting horizontal into your vertical cuts.

What this does is allows the PTB to displace easily and hug the atomizer really well. This method has literally drained the cart everytime, i get about 15 drops in a fresh made cart, i will vape for a couple hours, and it will take 10-15 more drops!

Last edited:
This does work amazingly well. I've fooled around with the PTB mod quite a bit (two boxes of tea.. one successful cartridge.. lol) and the solution I came up with is very similar to this one. This is the first PTB mod that I've used that doesn't leak and wicks consistently.

Now I will buy a 3rd box of tea and do the rest of my carts. :)

d0kieSmok

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Lake Katrine NY
u can basically do it as you already do it, but also cut it vertically multiple times, so it looks like u put it through a paper shredder. Robert, i also thought it would be difficult to wash it out, but it really isnt. Even if u spread out all the pieces to wash them, you just bundle them back up again. I have found that w/ the OG method it doesnt wick completely dry, and it takes longer to feed the atomizer. I used the OG method for weeks, and if i power puffed ( 10 drags in 1 min.) i would lose flavor and get a dry atty taste. Not w/ this method =)

All in all, it should look like you put it through a paper shredder.

once you cut it FLUSH w/ the cart the entire contents of the cart should be shredded and u should be able to remove individual slivers of PTB. I too went though an entire box of PTB trying to find the best method..And as most ways "work" this shredded way is the only way the PTB works the way i think it should; which is instant wicking and every puff is like u dripped.

Also this is the only way i have used the PTB in which they dont leak, and they dont get air trapped while refilling.

Last edited:

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
I'm not exactly sure what the OP means, since I will probably have to read it a few more times before I understand. However, I don't roll my teabags, I fold them like an accordian. Kind of like we did in school when we would make those makeshift hand held fans out of notebook paper. (If anyone remembers what I am talking about) Then I fold it in half and trim off the extra that would stick out.

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
I think I get it.

1) Roll the flattened bag up like rolling a carpet runner.
2) "Fringe" it by making several lengthwise cuts to at least halfway up the roll.
3) Bunch the fringed end together and stuff it into the cart.
4) Cut the excess PTB off flush with the end of the cart.

I'm going to try it when I get home.

Thanks for the tip! :thumbs:

d0kieSmok

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Lake Katrine NY
I think I get it.

1) Roll the flattened bag up like rolling a carpet runner.
2) "Fringe" it by making several lengthwise cuts to at least halfway up the roll.
3) Bunch the fringed end together and stuff it into the cart.
4) Cut the excess PTB off flush with the end of the cart.

I'm going to try it when I get home.

Thanks for the tip! :thumbs:

Exactly right.

Also in regards to the acordian way of folding.. thats great you can fold it acordian style but still make the verticle slices..w/ acrodian alone you will have a "crushed/squeezed" part of the PTB when it makes contact to the atomizer. w/ the shredded PTB it just moves out of the way and conforms to the shape of the atomizer.

d0kieSmok

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Lake Katrine NY
not @ all, i take them out.

If your really worried about it just leave a little bit on the bottom uncut to make it all one piece. just make sure the strands are @ the top, and the solid piece @ the bottom.

But like i said, its easy to handle if its all shredded. u can squeeze it as much as u want to keep it together and it will loosen its self up in the cart.

if you look @ this thread people are having good results http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/32686-pyrimid-teabags.html

d0kieSmok

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Lake Katrine NY
So does the cut end to into the cart first or is it the part thats sticking up outwards?

the sliced/frayed end goes in first, and then u chop off the uncut/unfrayed end flush w/ the top of the cart.

make sure u slice/fray it high enough up the teabag so the final product has loose strands that touch the atomizer.

the entire contents of the cart should be strands of PTB.

Hope that explains it well enough

Last edited:

Overlord

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
Stony Plain, AB
i originally explained it the way i did, because the entie length of PTB is too long for the cart, and its easier to make the slices when u have a solid piece of PTB to hold onto.

when u chop it off flush w/ the cart. You should be cutting horizontal into your verticle cuts.

So essentially you're just making "strips" out of the PTB right?

If I understand this right, wouldn't it be easier to have the uncut end inside the cart with the cut ends coming out the top of the cart. Then you'd just have to shave the ends flush and you'd still have the uncut part inside the cart holding everything together.

Overlord

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
Stony Plain, AB
This is what I did.

1. Cut seam off of the top where the string is attached
2. Rolled up the entire bag to the basic width of the cart

Cart is now at the point where i'd usually fold it in half and put the folded end into the cart.

3. Cut the rolled bag in half. (Will do 2 carts)
4. Made 3 cuts 85% of the way up to the end
5. Put into cart and cut flush with the end.

What i'm noticing from this is my atty keeps flooding till i've used it for about 10 minutes. Getting a deep gurgling.

Gonna keep playing with this till it doesn't flood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread