The only way PTB works...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
I'm not exactly sure what the OP means, since I will probably have to read it a few more times before I understand. However, I don't roll my teabags, I fold them like an accordian. Kind of like we did in school when we would make those makeshift hand held fans out of notebook paper. (If anyone remembers what I am talking about) Then I fold it in half and trim off the extra that would stick out.

I thought i invented this! haha.
I tried rolling the teabag..it drained the whole lot into the atty doh!
then i did the 'paper fan, fold in half, drop in, lop off' method and that resolved that.

oh well, wish me better luck on my next "invention"

BenJammin

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2009
Richmond Virginia, USA
:thumbs:
PTB has breathed new life into my Super-mini's! The procedure is very tedious with such a small cart, but it friggin' vapes like a champ! The slit fan-fold seems to be the easiest way to go on these, but like d0kie says, don't over-fill them. If you're careful you can get a fistful of carts from a single PTB. You're going to need them though, these babies can really suck up the juice. Can't wait to try this out on my 601 pipe..maybe I'd better get some fog lights first:D.

SquirrilahFish

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2009
Honolulu
STUFF THAT SUCKA! The frayed ends act like a spring in the bottom of the cart, if you push it in as far as you can and then some it keeps the TB right up against the atty, otherwise after the first few uses the atty pushes it down and it doesn't wick as will as it originally did.
just my thoughts, great mod, best i've tried (i've tried alot)

souporvapor

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Everett, WA
So am I the only one that is finding my 901 leaks everywhere using this method?
Forget attempting to top off while driving (stoplight or even pulling over) as the filler stays in the top of atty when I pull off the cart - messy messy messy to have to hold it in as I remove the cart from the atty.

I've even got a stain on my clothes now from holding my SD in my lap and juice driping out.
The PTB doesn't actually 'hold' the juice (yes the liquid moves easily to the atty...and out the little hole all over the place.

Would be nice to find something that could be 'maintained' without the mess.

Suggestions?

Thank you

30 years of smoking....
Vaporized by my Screwdriver!

rhoneil

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
So am I the only one that is finding my 901 leaks everywhere using this method?
Forget attempting to top off while driving (stoplight or even pulling over) as the filler stays in the top of atty when I pull off the cart - messy messy messy to have to hold it in as I remove the cart from the atty.

I've even got a stain on my clothes now from holding my SD in my lap and juice driping out.
The PTB doesn't actually 'hold' the juice (yes the liquid moves easily to the atty...and out the little hole all over the place.

Would be nice to find something that could be 'maintained' without the mess.

Suggestions?

Thank you

30 years of smoking....
Vaporized by my Screwdriver!

I had similar issues with my 510 Im using this now
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/34401-ptb-plug-full-510-cart.html

I dont have a 901 but im sure you can probably do something similar. Im using the double folded, rolled and frayed.

Last edited:

souporvapor

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Everett, WA
Thanks Rhoneil
Just found the thread with your video...

I noticed when you took the att/bat out of your PCC and removed the cartridge the filler stayed with the atty rather than in the cart.

Does the folded frayed filled .....long name - alleviate that messy separation?

Looks like you've worked hard on this..
Thanks

30 years of smoking...
Vaporized by my ScrewDriver!

rhoneil

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
The material staying on the bridge when detaching does not happen all the time. If it happens more than you would like you can trim the material down a bit. Remember to trim it down from the bottom frays and not the folded end. If it does hug and hold on the the bridge as you saw, since it is one piece, it is really easy to take off since it is not snagging frayed ends but hugging around the bridge. If you do find loose strands on the folded end I would just snip them off.

hope this helps.

rho

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
The material staying on the bridge when detaching does not happen all the time. If it happens more than you would like you can trim the material down a bit. Remember to trim it down from the bottom frays and not the folded end. If it does hug and hold on the the bridge as you saw, since it is one piece, it is really easy to take off since it is not snagging frayed ends but hugging around the bridge. If you do find loose strands on the folded end I would just snip them off.

hope this helps.

rho

Just wanted to endorse your method -- it works the VERY BEST. I even use it with my SmokeStik, which has teenyteenyteeny cartridge cups and I get the best longevity with your method.

SpiffyLawn

Oct 8, 2009
Tried this mod with lipton ptb. Flooding 901 atty unless I have it tilted up. Seems to work better than just rolling the ptb. Fills the cart better, but still floods atty. Using whole bag, cut in half after rolling long ways (end up with two fillers). Cutting 90% of the way through the ptb 4 times. Unrolling then folding loosely till it's about the size of my cart. Putting attached end in first till it bottoms out and then cutting off excess. It looks great, but still floods atty. I'm using 100% VG with nothing else, so it really thick. Can't understand why it's still flooding?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread