The Opus and Opus D with Evolv inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
They are here...They are hand made wooden APV (Advanced Personal Vaporizers) with internal Li-Poly battery packs that are 1200 mah total.
They have power regulated boards made by Evolv...They have USB hubs and come in this box with a supplied charger.
The price will be $235.60...DONT FORGET TO USE THE save5 FOR 5% off (listed for $248) ...6 Month warranty....Free Shipping... Available ONLY in The USA.
There will be more available in the weeks to come!

Opus 2.jpg opus 3rd.jpg View attachment 100571

Videos will be coming shortly also. Thanks,
Drew

Attachments

• opus 5th.jpg
    opus 5th.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 540
  • Opus.jpg
    Opus.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 532
  • opusd.jpg
    opusd.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
I could be wrong on this, but I think this was done with a modder by Evolv, not that evolv produced it, like the Darwin, but as in done in conjunction with.

Again I could be wrong.

Drew is this the thing that Brandon had at Vapebash, or is that something different?
Yes, it is done by someone else, trying to find out who, using Evolv's new dna VV chip set.

patch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
nyc
Not as big as I thought NB

jkmtwo, do you think you might pick this up? i think it looks very nice and it is cool that is has the Evolv circuitry, but i always found that the features that made the darwin so special was the stuff on its digital display (i.e., Ohms, wattage check, etc.). without the digital display, doesn't this function just like a 250 dollar variable voltage boxmod rather than a variable wattage mod?

i'm not trying to downplay the quality or craftmanship, just wondering your opinion. i never had the need to kick any devices as i started out with variable voltage. i have been waiting on a darwin for the longest, and at least from initial glance thie opus doesn't seem to remotely fill that void. what do you think?

jkmtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Lebanon TN
After using the Kick I noted 2 things
1. As a Darwin owner, I love the screen, but its not needed, I rarely if ever look at the screen, usually just for battery level. With the Kick I do the same thing, I set it, and forget it. I don't miss the screen, its nice, but again, not needed.

2. I already noted this, I set it and forget it, variable wattage is different than variable voltage, variable wattage is easier to deal with in my opinion, I don't have to worry with ohms, I set it at, usually in my case, about 9.5 watts and I'm done, no matter what I put on it. Exclding dual coils.

jkmtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Lebanon TN
As for me, I'm thinking hard about this, I want one, I love USB charging, of all of my devices, its the UsB charging to me that puts the Darwin at the head of the pack, I don't have to multimeter, no extra charger, its worry free, and easy.

This has that.

I'm currently holding out only because I want to see it in action first, I.e. video. But this has moved to the to spot for my next device.

If you run dual coils I would hold out for one of the devices that will run 2 DNa boards, if not, I can't imagine you will find much better than this to come.

patch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
nyc
After using the Kick I noted 2 things
1. As a Darwin owner, I love the screen, but its not needed, I rarely if ever look at the screen, usually just for battery level. With the Kick I do the same thing, I set it, and forget it. I don't miss the screen, its nice, but again, not needed.

2. I already noted this, I set it and forget it, variable wattage is different than variable voltage, variable wattage is easier to deal with in my opinion, I don't have to worry with ohms, I set it at, usually in my case, about 9.5 watts and I'm done, no matter what I put on it. Exclding dual coils.

thanks for the feedback, jkmtwo. i think, like you, i will wait to see some video; it would be useful to get a sense as to the performance, size, and versatility of this device.

yeah, i'm crazy about variable voltage, but you are absolutely right--when making purchases you need to think about what Ohm atomisers you'll need to give you the right amount of heat when coupled with certain voltages, etc. i wish i could get my hands on a darwin and then picking up the opus would be an afterthought. additionally, in the coming weeks there is some cool provape stuff coming out and i am a huge fan of the provari! it's crazy to think that when you contrast the price point of provari versus hand-made APVs, the provari ends up being a 'steal,' haha.

i've been dying to try variable wattage!

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
just got my opus, looks pretty slick but having some issues and wondering if it suffers from the same problems the dna has. charging it up now to see if that makes a difference, but this thing is maxing out on a 1.5 ohm atty at 3.6 v's (9 watts) with the pot dial turned all the way to the postive sign. seems like a far cry from 12 watts, but gonna wait till its charged up, but it should give consistent 12 watts till charge is depleted, no? is there a reason its only doing max 9 watts?

if the max is only 9 watts i may need to see about getting my money back.

hmm....

any help you can provide drew?

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
just got my opus, looks pretty slick but having some issues and wondering if it suffers from the same problems the dna has. charging it up now to see if that makes a difference, but this thing is maxing out on a 1.5 ohm atty at 3.6 v's (9 watts) with the pot dial turned all the way to the postive sign. seems like a far cry from 12 watts, but gonna wait till its charged up, but it should give consistent 12 watts till charge is depleted, no? is there a reason its only doing max 9 watts?

if the max is only 9 watts i may need to see about getting my money back.

hmm....

any help you can provide drew?
Do you mean to say that it suffers from the same problems as the Kick, because you said the DNA...when in fact it is a DNA mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread