The 'P' Word Of Clearomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcalvanese

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
I've tried pretty much all the clearomizers that have those little replacable heads. I think it's a great idea, but could never get them to be consistant. Dry hits... gurgling... leaking... fiddling... etc.

If i want to fiddle, i'll do a build on my kayfun Lite Plus.

Anyway, my Aspire nautilus arived in the mail yeserday, and it is the first clearomizer that actually works consistantly. Not a single dry hit, no gurgling, and no leaking. i even used AVE Flue Cured (which is just as thick as Boba's Bounty), cranked it up to 10 watts, chain vaped with the air flow on the biggest hole, and no dry hits.

To me... It's the 'P' word of the clearomizers. I'm actually using it on my Provari Mini too, and it looks great. Some folks were complaining about the look, but I think it looks cool. Kind of old fashion, yet high tech at the same time.

Just ordered 2 more...:)

coalyard

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Rome, NY, USA
I have heard really great things about the Nautilus. But for the price, I can get another KFL+ clone which performs just as well, and I don't have to buy atomizers for it. Honestly, the only thing keeping me from getting a Nautilus is the price of replacement attys. Maybe when they come down in price a bit I might pull the trigger.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've had a general disdain for most clearomizers for a while now, preferring cartotanks for better flavor and consistancy over clearos.

Never owned an Aspire Nautilis, but I have vaped one of my buddies. Might be the only clearo I "might" have considered purchasing. However, after using my recently acquired Kayfun Lite plus rebuildable tank atomizer, I'll just stick with it and my reliable cartotanks.

Last edited:

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
I've tried pretty much all the clearomizers that have those little replacable heads. I think it's a great idea, but could never get them to be consistant. Dry hits... gurgling... leaking... fiddling... etc.

If i want to fiddle, i'll do a build on my Kayfun Lite Plus.

Anyway, my Aspire Nautilus arived in the mail yeserday, and it is the first clearomizer that actually works consistantly. Not a single dry hit, no gurgling, and no leaking. i even used AVE Flue Cured (which is just as thick as Boba's Bounty), cranked it up to 10 watts, chain vaped with the air flow on the biggest hole, and no dry hits.

To me... It's the 'P' word of the clearomizers. I'm actually using it on my Provari Mini too, and it looks great. Some folks were complaining about the look, but I think it looks cool. Kind of old fashion, yet high tech at the same time.

Just ordered 2 more...:)

I really like the looks of the "steam punk" nautilus and have read of so many people loving them. If their coils were as easy to rebuild as Kanger's, I'd get one. I'm anxiously waiting for the new Aerotank Mega to be released. One big factor for my excitement is that it can take the older Aero heads, which I find super easy to rebuild!

Glad you like your Nautilus, VaporJoes posted deals on the Nautilus and replacement heads last week. The 1.8 ohm heads are still in stock! Nautilus Coils - Vapor Foundry

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I too am going to wait til the newness is over and the price comes down before I try it. Its hard with seeing all the rave reviews about it but honestly I don't need such a big clearomizer cause I switch juices a lot during the day. Im hoping they may come out with a smaller version.

Does anyone have any opinions on the Kanger Aerotank? I already have the bases on my Protank 2 and original Protank but was wondering if the dual coils really make a difference. And could I use the dual coils in my Protank 2 with the Kanger airflow controller base.

Thanks!

bcalvanese

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
I have heard really great things about the Nautilus. But for the price, I can get another KFL+ clone which performs just as well, and I don't have to buy atomizers for it. Honestly, the only thing keeping me from getting a Nautilus is the price of replacement attys. Maybe when they come down in price a bit I might pull the trigger.

I hear the heads last a least 1 month if not 2. Even if they were 5 bucks a pop it would still be worth it.

bcalvanese

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
I've had a general disdain for most clearomizers for a while now, preferring cartotanks for better flavor and consistancy over clearos.

Never owned an Aspire Nautilis, but I have vaped one of my buddies. Might be the only clearo I "might" have considered purchasing. However, after using my recently acquired Kayfun Lite plus rebuildable tank atomizer, I'll just stick with it and my reliable cartotanks.

I'm right there with ya.

I love my Kayfun Lite Plus when i'm in the mood to tinker with building coils. It does make my ProVari Mini top heavy though.

I am usually a carto/carto tank person myself, and I wanted the clearo's to work as consistantly as the carto's, but they just didn't. Atleast until now. The Nautilus is definately as consistant as a carto, and without the carto filler taste, not to mention the eas of use.

I loke fiddling with building coils some times, but most of the time I just want to fill something up and go, and the Nautilus is great for that.

It's my new favorite topper.

bcalvanese

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
I really like the looks of the "steam punk" nautilus and have read of so many people loving them. If their coils were as easy to rebuild as Kanger's, I'd get one. I'm anxiously waiting for the new Aerotank Mega to be released. One big factor for my excitement is that it can take the older Aero heads, which I find super easy to rebuild!

Glad you like your Nautilus, VaporJoes posted deals on the Nautilus and replacement heads last week. The 1.8 ohm heads are still in stock! Nautilus Coils - Vapor Foundry

Thanks for the link.

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
I hear the heads last a least 1 month if not 2. Even if they were 5 bucks a pop it would still be worth it.

I have had the Nautilus for quite a while now and I do LOVE it but I've never gotten more then about a week out of one coil and that was with 50/50 unflavored. When I use sweeter darker juices I can see a real drop off in vapor production after just a couple days. I think from now on I will use just unflavored in the Nautilus.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

bcalvanese

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
I have had the Nautilus for quite a while now and I do LOVE it but I've never gotten more then about a week out of one coil and that was with 50/50 unflavored. When I use sweeter darker juices I can see a real drop off in vapor production after just a couple days. I think from now on I will use just unflavored in the Nautilus.

Hmmm... Interesting.

Have you tried dry burning between fillups?

How many ml's of liquid do you vape per day?

Centurion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
East Coast USA
I like the Aerotank. It has less potential airflow than the Nautilus but it's infinitely adjustable within the range that it does adjust, which I find very helpful. The dual coil heads do give a bigger hit and more vapor/flavor. They seem to last me about a week of daily heavy use. In contrast I had issues with the Nautilus. On switching in a new head it would taste great, for one day. Then it would taste burnt, fail to feed properly and ultimately leak in very short order. There may have been some issue with the heads; many others reported same but I'd say the majority of users didn't report such issues and found it an enjoyable vape.

I'm looking forward to the Aerotank Mega which apparently has all new designed dual coil heads that may potentially improve it over the Aerotank.

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
Hmmm... Interesting.

Have you tried dry burning between fillups?

How many ml's of liquid do you vape per day?

Yes I have tried dry burning and it ruins these coils. I think the filler material gets burnt or something so you'll get nothing but a nasty burnt taste. I do soak them in vodka and that helps some. I haven't ever had one actually pop on me or anything. It's strange though because some of the coils right out of the pack just suck and others work great. The thing that gets me is looking at them they physically look exactly the same. Some are quiet and some pop and crackle too. I see worldofvape has the coils for like $11.95 or something like that so I just ordered another 5 pack today. I prefer the 2.2 ohm coils and kidney puncher sells them but they're more money so I went with the 1.8's.
I will say though that when the Nautilus is working right with a good coil in it it's the best clearo I've ever used. My second favorite clearo would probably be the 30s followed by the T3s.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I love my Kayfun Lite Plus when i'm in the mood to tinker with building coils. It does make my ProVari Mini top heavy though.
IBTankedXL22.jpg

I definitely recommend the Tatroe wide base endcap at Cigtech. They're on my Provari's for either the Kayfun or my pyrex IBTanked's. The best accessory for my Provari's ever. It prevents top heavy tanks causing the Provari to tip over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread