The Parts, The Parts, I Needs Me Some Parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

goat29

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2011
salk lake city, ut
use 100% cotton yarn for wick, silver beading wire 30 to 34 Ga. for nr wire, any hobby store or jewelry store should have it and you can get res wire on ebay nic or kan. i am using what i suggested right now in my oddy as i type this in. more info can be found in the modders forum in wick material thread. what i cannt find a substitute for is the cremate insert but i think you could use a broken one if you had all the pieces

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
I can not beleive there are no more premade wires or no resistance wires!! UUUGGGHHH! I waited up as long as I could last night but with 3 toddlers who get up at 5am I had to get SOME sleep. ASny chance anyone has an extra premade wire they would be willing to sell? I know I could go all over town and find all the things I need but with 3 kids that is not an easy task. Plus I prefer the first couple times I use premade just because that is one less thing for me to screw up. Any idea when moe premade wires will be up. Someone should really get in the business of just selling wires. :laugh:

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
I can not beleive there are no more premade wires or no resistance wires!! UUUGGGHHH! I waited up as long as I could last night but with 3 toddlers who get up at 5am I had to get SOME sleep. ASny chance anyone has an extra premade wire they would be willing to sell? I know I could go all over town and find all the things I need but with 3 kids that is not an easy task. Plus I prefer the first couple times I use premade just because that is one less thing for me to screw up. Any idea when moe premade wires will be up. Someone should really get in the business of just selling wires. :laugh:

Yeah...and the 3mm wick. If you don't have any luck with the premades, you can get what you need in bulk for cheap on eBay Karla. And you really can't screw it up...just twist NR wire to each end of R wire about 1 1/2 inches long depending on the resistance that you want. Shorter R wire for low res coil and longer R wire for higher res coil. There's some videos out there too.

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
OK, so I read back a ways to see what was goin on here...

constant refreshes by everyone crashes the server... sorry...

We do put limits on what people can purchase in a single order, so that everyone has a fair chance... Sorry if ya'll did not get the parts you wanted...

Quantity of supplies is not in your control buddy, we know that. What I and I'm sure others would love to see some time in the future is a system that auto updates inventory as items are placed in our carts so that when we do get to check out, the items are actually still available. We appreciate your concern Justin...thanks.

crispysaturn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Hazleton, Pa
OK, so I read back a ways to see what was goin on here...

constant refreshes by everyone crashes the server... sorry...

We do put limits on what people can purchase in a single order, so that everyone has a fair chance... Sorry if ya'll did not get the parts you wanted...

No worries buddie. I was a bit bummed but got over it. You and Bruce are good to us and we can't fault you for this. It's high demand that's how it goes.

Loving my pen n ody. Can't wait to get some more goodies!

Thanks for the updates, feedback, help and for just being there when most vendors aren't. Customer service should be #1 and at CoV it is.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

JthaBigVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
Florida
River,

The system you are suggesting wouldnt work, the rush that occurs on the parts is too instantaneous, and the counters would be flying, not to mention how many people would have an item in a cart, vs who has them and checks out quickly... It would be too much to keep track of and update on the constant.

It is a bit to much and I do not even have close to the technical knowledge to set up such a feature.

Sorry.

Roxx:

I wouldnt use any sort of glue. The ceramic has the coil and wick right there and as they heat up, so too will the glue. Thus you will be inhaling super glue fumes = BAD = UNHEALTHY = Check super glue labels for adverse affects....

DO NOT DO IT!!

Crispy:

Thanks a lot bud, I am doing working hard to do everything right by ya'll :toast:

Roxxette

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2012
Caribbean
Made a big mistake and ordered v1 ceramic instead of v2 uggh. Hopefully Justin or Bruce sees the cs ticket I submitted in time to fix it!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

I think you might get lucky because it seems theres plenty of ody v2 ceramics, they still in stock !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread