The Perfect Fit 510 Case... for about $1.50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stehle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2009
Sunny Florida! U.S.A.
I used to always keep my analogs in my shirt pocket, but now my 510 keeps dropping out on the ground every time I bend over. I was looking for something that had a pocket clip so that my 510 would stay safe, fully assembled ready to vape!

Sleek, inexpensive and customizable. I tried to make this a fun procedure with a decent bunch of photos, but if you have any questions I’ll try to answer all posts here.

Inside Dimensions: Approximately 4-7/16” (In Usable Length Including Cap) & about a ½” Wide

(It is just the perfect size for a 510 because of a extended riser inside in the cap. Not too narrow for manual buttons either.)

Time Involved: From 10 minutes to 2 hours depending on what you wish for in a finished case. (It took longer to write this post!)

Skill Level: Newbie to Advanced

Requirements:

Have a 510? Have a Joye, Titan or Yeti? Have a Manual 510 or Automatic 510? Do you have ANY e-cig smaller than a 510 that you’d like keep protected?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions and for a buck fifty you can use this case. Read ON!

First the link… where to buy… (Bet you can find one of these locally.) or (If you can’t, you may not need to read any further it might cost you more to get them…sorry!)

Instant Hand Sanitizer Spray | Walgreens | Walgreens

Next… Got it? Then gut it!

The hand sanitizer liquid stuffy can be recycled in your own dispenser if you have one. (I did!) Simply unscrew top and drain. Okay, the 2 pieces on the lower left of the the 3rd photo (inside pieces) you don’t need (..or maybe one could be used as a spare for the next straw cart mod!) lol

Next… rinse, clean and dry! (I used only hot water. Hey, it was a sanitizer after all.)

[FONT="][URL="http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV1s4Ty0"]
93472822.th.jpg
[/URL][/FONT][FONT="][URL="http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq3rt0r"]
79652742.th.jpg
[/URL][/FONT]

Done! At this point you can put your favorite 510 (Fully Assembled!) and checkout the fit! That’s the Battery, Atomizer & Cart a complete 510 ready to vape!

Functional Perfect Fit... but not too pretty huh? (You made it this far, read On!)

The Custom Case...

Okay, funny what #600 grit (extra fine) sandpaper and any drill used as makeshift lathe can do to a Walgreens logo! Lets pretty’er up!

Materials: #600 grit sandpaper… (Actually any fine abrasives would do. Emory board anyone?) Duct or masking tape, gloves and a few minutes.

*Okay, so the drill/lathe part is optional… but it can get you done very, very fast. (Way cool too!)

Procedure:

Manual Method: Sand off logo and print. (Very Slow) It can be done though, keep at it!

Automatic Method: (Most guys will probably love this.) Take small piece of Duct or masking tape (about 3” long should be right). and affix open end of case to drill chuck. (Try to make the barrel of case as straight on drill chuck as possible. (Perhaps a close sized nut driver bit in the drill chuck might help here.) ***Note: Caution! A gloved hand works best here, it can get hot!*** Hold sandpaper on barrel in hand and let drill spin. Like turning a table leg or baseball bat! Fun isn’t it?

You should be done pretty quick now….. Done!

*** Still having problems with the above rig? Then check out Scott’s (igetcha69) “Bling Cigs” Video Tutorial at: Video tutorials for electronic cigarettes ***

(Best similar sort of video representation I could think of at the moment, you should get the idea.)

Your done and you should now have a near clear Perfect 510 case! Yeah!

Now at this point you can leave it that way or color it up…but you decide! Let the sky be the limit and your imagination be your guide!!

Here is one of mine.....

*** Remember sensitive automatic batteries may turn on if dropped or jostled in this case. Just unscrew the atomizer & battery a few turns to be on the safe side. This should have a negligible effect on case performance. ***

I’m including a few photos of Plastic Spray (Like they use on tool handles.) very tough non-slip grip stuff that I used on one case and a few of my e-cigs that I have fit in the case with just a bit of foam padding for added protection and to keep them stationary inside the case.

I had originally looked at using this as a “low cost liquid pumper” for refilling or topping up like JC sells for their nic-liquids, (I know I’m lazy!), but then revisited it later as a case after reading a post by zosmatech in another forum. “Thanks!” first go out to zosmatech, igetcha69, all the forum members I learned from and was inspired by and my buddy Rick for all his help!

***Please Note: These are just my personal experiences, words, thoughts and photos building this case …and so as always:

Individual user mileage may very, some assembly required, batteries not included and we will not be held liable if case is lost or stolen because you made it look too pretty or way too cool .***

Have Fun & Enjoy! :)

Last edited:

Stehle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2009
Sunny Florida! U.S.A.
Update:

Since writing the original post and applying additional coats of paint to a few cases, I noticed that I neglected to mention that the cap portion of the case may also need to be roughed up a bit with that fine sandpaper in order to assure proper adhesion with certain types of paints.

Worked great today doing tractor and farm work. It also worked great for keeping debris and foreign matter away from the mouth piece (cart), and kept it very sanitary. (No pun intended! ) ;)

With that clip secure it didn't fall out of my pocket once! :)

Hope somebody else finds this useful! :)

Stehle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2009
Sunny Florida! U.S.A.
Nice, now I got to check walgreens and see if they have them here.

Burnie

I don't think you'll have a problem Burnie. I found all of mine near the cosmetic section just as you go in the door. We have at least four Walgreens locally here in Lakeland. :)

I always have a little giggle when I take a bunch of sprayers (only sprayers) up to the check out girl who often times remarks about my odd purchase; I say something like "Yeah, and they taste good too!" ;)

Ain't Florida grand! ;)

Stehle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2009
Sunny Florida! U.S.A.
Yep
this is useful.
My 510 cart is always losing liquid and my shirt pocket is starting to be soaked.
I'm sure there's other containers that can be used (i'm thinking of a sharpie stick).
Well i'm off to wallgreens now before they run out of hand sanitizer.

Great quovadis! :) Wait until you check the fit. You’ll think it was made for 510’s… just perfect!

We all know the case is water resistant, but sealing the cap holes may actually give it “waterproof” properties!

With a properly sealed cap I totally submerged one of the cases to a depth of about 1ft for almost an hour, (Using a rolled paper towel inside.)

It didn’t leak a drop!
:thumb:

This also makes it perfect for the beach, fishing, mowing, boating (It will even float* with a 510 inside.), skiing, hiking, camping… ANY outdoor activity or anytime that you may expect a chance of rain or get caught in a sudden unexpected downpour. (Which here in Florida is pretty darn often!) ;)

Just safe, dry and ready to Vape! :)

*(Note: Remember, you have to plug or waterproof all holes on top of cap to do this!)

Stehle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2009
Sunny Florida! U.S.A.
I think I missed something. I have the walgreen's sanitizer, but with the sprayer part off, the cap doesn't stay on tight. The cap is to big to make it work. What am I doing wrong?:oops: I love this idea and I want it soooo bad.

Hi Hinterscher! As long as its the same spray hand sanitizer pictured above it should work. I'll tell you what... these things are so cheap I'll send you one (empty of course!) through the mail. PM me with an address where to send it. :) We just hafta spread the love! ;)

it works great
you can buy in a 6 pack too.
the top is airtight ..perfect

Awesome! Glad you like it! :) (You know... I never saw a 6 pack here, wish I did... save anymore money?)

Hinterscher

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Southern Indiana, USA
Stehle - That's so nice of you! I found out what was wrong though. Mine was one I had gotten in a sample pack from there. Just to show myself I was an idgit, I went and bought 2 of the regular ones, and sure enough, bingo. It was just that mine was a sample. Looks all the same, just doesn't fit all the same.:oops:

Stehle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2009
Sunny Florida! U.S.A.
Stehle - That's so nice of you! I found out what was wrong though. Mine was one I had gotten in a sample pack from there. Just to show myself I was an idgit, I went and bought 2 of the regular ones, and sure enough, bingo. It was just that mine was a sample. Looks all the same, just doesn't fit all the same.:oops:

Great!!! :) I knew you wanted it to work out "soooo bad", I didn't know what else I could do!

Thank you for the kind words though, that was very nice also! :)

Glad everything worked out in the end! ;)

Stehle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2009
Sunny Florida! U.S.A.
Another way to change the color of the outside is to use RIT dye. Just becareful you can make a big mess with that stuff.. Just boil the water add the dye then drop it in.. Should work, this is how I dyw my plastic rims for my R/C Cars. Also make note to use a crappy pan

The dye sounds like another short weekend project! Thanks! :)

CVS pharmacies have a version that is in a translucent tube, and the label can easily be peeled off; no sanding required. You do have to sand the threads off where the sprayer cap fit on so that the top will slide on.

Thanks for the tip, it works great!

I will checkout the CVS one! Thanks! :) There is one like that at DollarTree down here with the peel off adhesive label and for only a buck, but I haven't got a chance to play with that one.. YET! ;)

I just got 2 ecig cases from greensmoke for $20. I use 1 for my 2 complete joye510 or one 510+ 1battery+ 2carts. The other i use to hold my 2 M402 and its 4 carts. pretty convenient.

That is great! :)

Hinterscher

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Southern Indiana, USA
How did you seal the holes in the top, we're going to a waterpark in a couple of weeks and this could prove priceless. I'll just be in the kiddie pool so no problem with deep water.:p 2, 4, 6 year old kids. No chance of deep water!:D Will epoxy work? Something like that stuff Billy Mays used to sale? (Poor Billy Mays....)

Last edited:

Stehle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2009
Sunny Florida! U.S.A.
How did you seal the holes in the top, we're going to a waterpark in a couple of weeks and this could prove priceless. I'll just be in the kiddie pool so no problem with deep water.:p 2, 4, 6 year old kids. No chance of deep water!:D Will epoxy work? Something like that stuff Billy Mays used to sale? (Poor Billy Mays....)

Yeah... poor Billy... was one of my idols. :(

Anyway... I prefer a small dab of some clear silicone (24 hours to cure & dry), as they use in aquariums, but also heard a person used hot glue (5 minutes dry time). The holes are very small in the cap, so whatever we use does not need to be much. Remember with that little riser inside the cap that makes the 510 fit so snug also gives us a little more room to play when it comes to waterproofing those little holes on top. About anything that has waterproofing properties should work. :)

Whatever you end up using...

Always check your results in the sink or tub, first with a rolled up paper towel in the case, before committing your 510 to an uncertain future!!!

Hope this helped! :)

Hinterscher

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Southern Indiana, USA
Will do on the paper towel check! Thanks for the answer. As for that little plug thing on the inside..... I kinda sanded it down so that my 901 mini will fit inside too. :) Works like a charm. Being female, I have a hot glue gun at the ready ( I call it a woman's duct tape!) so I will be using that. No problems so far. I'm going to use a finger nail file to smooth down the edges, etc. Thanks again! You guys are great! BTW, I honestly wasn't making fun of Billy Mays, I really did like him. I have a few of his products and all work as performed by him. Just so everyone knows. Didnt' want any :evil:

Stehle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2009
Sunny Florida! U.S.A.
Will do on the paper towel check! .... I kinda sanded it down so that my 901 mini will fit inside too. :) Works like a charm.

I knew what you meant about Billy...he will be missed. :(

901 huh? Great!!! :)

It means a lot to hear about different models that fit the case. Well done! :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread