RDA The pros of using an RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
I am fairly new to using an RDA even though I've been vaping for about 3 years. I plan on buying the Velocity V2. I would just like to hear feedback from other members as to why they still use an RDA and build coils when if they're cloud chasing there are many tanks that produce abnormal amounts of vapor like the new TFV12 Smoke tank. So what are the pros for you in building your own coils? I know this may sound like I am doubting building but I'm not. I just would like to hear people's own opinions and experiences with building and why they still do it.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I am fairly new to using an RDA even though I've been vaping for about 3 years. I plan on buying the Velocity V2. I would just like to hear feedback from other members as to why they still use an RDA and build coils when if they're cloud chasing there are many tanks that produce abnormal amounts of vapor like the new TFV12 Smoke tank. So what are the pros for you in building your own coils? I know this may sound like I am doubting building but I'm not. I just would like to hear people's own opinions and experiences with building and why they still do it.

Personally I mtl but occasionally I drip when testing flavours I'm making or just a little drip vape just because I fancy it.

There is no way that I would want to drip all day again.

When I did drip all the time, maybe a year ago? There wasn't tanks that could produce what my drippers can. Close, but not the same.
I couldn't tell you about today's tanks as I have no cloud chasing tanks.

Reactions: Eskie

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Bigger clouds are not one of my goals. I use an rda exclusively and a particular one because it performs the way i want and i can prevent leaking in my pocket. I like the small size in my pocket, the low parts count, the low price, the ability to rewick in a couple of minutes, which i do about twice a week. When the wick is saturated i get one vape, as it dries there is a different experience that also creates less vapor and uses less power. This variation is practical with temp control which I use exclusively too. An rda is a different ritual and rythm comparted to tanks. I'm used to it, I like it.

What I'm running right at the moment is a single stainless 28 guage coil at 1.38 ohm. It's temperature limited to 260 F and not going above 20 watts on most puffs. i'm getting the texture, warmth, and throat hit I want. my 1% flavoring is coming through nicely. There is enough visible vapor. I'll probably vape 5-6 ml today.

Last edited:

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Cost and performance really. I like wide open airflow. All the tanks I have tried have some restriction compared to a Goon or Alliance or any of the other drippers I prefer. Flavor is also always a little muted imo on most tanks.

I have been dripping exclusively for several years. It works for me. Plus the cost is cheap and building/wicking is much simpler.

Reactions: xpen

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
For me itvis three factors.

1. A consistent vape.

2. Save money. A coil lasts me about 3 months and costs about 2 cents.

3. If the FDA deeming regulations are allowed to stand; premade coils will be pulled from market August 8, 2018?

Reactions: RainSong

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
For me itvis three factors.

1. A consistent vape.

2. Save money. A coil lasts me about 3 months and costs about 2 cents.

3. If the FDA deeming regulations are allowed to stand; premade coils will be pulled from market August 8, 2018?
So that means that the FDA is going to force everyone to build their own coils?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Oh I didn't know about that.
We are hopeful that Congress or President Trump will stop them.

We are hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. Getting ready with nicotine, mods, attys so we can continue to vape rather than going back on cigarettes.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I know next to nothing about tanks, other than the occasional need to change the coil in Mrs Rule's tank.
Personally, the only thing I vape is mechanical squonkers, with bottom feed atomizers.
I enjoy the whole ritual of building coils, wicking, and DIYing all my juice. Plus, I have zero fears or worries of whatever the FDA has in mind. I'm stocked well enough with mods, attys, and nic base, to vape for as long as I choose.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I know next to nothing about tanks, other than the occasional need to change the coil in Mrs Rule's tank.
Personally, the only thing I vape is mechanical squonkers, with bottom feed atomizers.
I enjoy the whole ritual of building coils, wicking, and DIYing all my juice. Plus, I have zero fears or worries of whatever the FDA has in mind. I'm stocked well enough with mods, attys, and nic base, to vape for as long as I choose.
Its exactly how i feel. Do what you can to make those useless Bureaucrats irrelevant

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
I use drippers occasionally (the alliance v2 to be precise.) I don't do it for "clouds" or flavor but for ease of use. I can re-wick a dripper in under five minutes and there's no worrying about dry hits. My Griffin takes 15 minutes and it's not as simple to work with. The whole "clouds bro" thing is bull crap, my Griffin set at 470 F (40-60 watts) puts out the same amount of vapor as the guys using claptons at 100+ watts.

Reactions: BackDoc

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I use drippers occasionally (the alliance v2 to be precise.) I don't do it for "clouds" or flavor but for ease of use. I can re-wick a dripper in under five minutes and there's no worrying about dry hits. My Griffin takes 15 minutes and it's not as simple to work with. The whole "clouds bro" thing is bull crap, my Griffin set at 470 F (40-60 watts) puts out the same amount of vapor as the guys using claptons at 100+ watts.
Agree.

I was at a meeting with Mike another vaper. I was vaping my Kompact Kayfun and blowing clouds

Mike asked to see the screen abd he was speechless when he saw i was vaping at 10 watts and blowing as big clouds as Mike was and hus Coolfire4 was pegged at 40 watts.

If you want clouds use high VG Juice. I was using 70% VG Juice abd he was vaping 50/50.

I vape high VG because i hate the taste of PG

Reactions: kbeam418
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread