The ProVari Has Ruined Everything For Me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Lol. Inb4 the "hate" posts.

I like my Provari a LOT. Chances are pretty good I'm going to pick up another one (about 99.99999% when the V3 hits the streets) but I still love all my other vape gear.

But I will say that after a few Chinese mods with issues, I've grown to appreciate the reliability of my Provari!

bcalvanese

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
Not even the DNA 30 devices? IMO, that's as good as they get, for now.

Did some research and watched reviews where they show the accuracy, and does not seem to be as pinpoint accurate as the ProVari. That in addition to the build quality and dependability of the ProVari does not justify getting a DNA device.

To me anyway.

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
I have been dying to try some new devices, and every time I see a new one and do research on it... it does not seem to be as accurate, consistant, and as well made as my ProVari Mini.

ARE THEY EVER GONNA COME OUT WITH SOMETHING GOOD ENOUGH?!?!?!

THANKS ALOT PROVAPE!!!... FOR RUINING EVERYTHING ELSE FOR ME!!!

:rolleyes:

Sounds to me like you've ruined everything else all by yourself, in your head, and Provape isn't to blame for it in the slightest.

p7willm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
Lansdale, PA, USA
I have never vaped about 20 watts so the DNA 30 is more than I need. It also does some things I do not like. If you tell it you want 8watts and with your atty it can not go down to 8 watts because it needs a low voltage it will flash and give whatever the battery has. It's regulated, it's smart, it knows I asked for 8, it gives me 12?

Chelonian

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Upper East TN
I have never vaped about 20 watts so the DNA 30 is more than I need. It also does some things I do not like. If you tell it you want 8watts and with your atty it can not go down to 8 watts because it needs a low voltage it will flash and give whatever the battery has. It's regulated, it's smart, it knows I asked for 8, it gives me 12?

ProVari is the only thing that will downregulate.

Is why I sold my DNA's and Semovar. I like my Russian at .8 oms with 26 gauge Kanthal, around 3 volts. None of the others will actually deliver that (unless the battery is low.

SazoidX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Tucson, Arizona
Other Provari owners happily own non provaris??

Maybe after the koolaid wears off............

My Provari mini is my regular device, and am DEFINITELY getting a V3 once they come out, but I love my mechs as well. I always have my Legacy going, and my silly Kamry epipe just makes me happy :D

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
i'm curious how "accuracy" translates to real-life vaping. all, my devices produce vapor and my mouth and throat can't tell whether they are "accurate" or not. i can adjust any regulated mod to produce the the vapor i need and want and then i don't need to fiddle with it anymore. i have cheap and expensive and as far as vape goes i can't tell the difference. i suspect most of it is marketing hype and self -delusion. doesn't matter, whatever gets you through the day is fine by me. meanwhile, i will enjoy vaping without worrying about all the other drek.......

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
i'm curious how "accuracy" translates to real-life vaping. all, my devices produce vapor and my mouth and throat can't tell whether they are "accurate" or not. i can adjust any regulated mod to produce the the vapor i need and want and then i don't need to fiddle with it anymore. i have cheap and expensive and as far as vape goes i can't tell the difference. i suspect most of it is marketing hype and self -delusion. doesn't matter, whatever gets you through the day is fine by me. meanwhile, i will enjoy vaping without worrying about all the other drek.......

I am not sure if the accuracy has much to do with it for me but I can definitely tell the difference in vape quality using the same volt and the same atty between my vamo and the provari. The vamo is a much harsher vape and the provari very smooth. I suspected it was the higher cycling electrically on the provari. THe vamo is now my beater I use when I worry about dropping it because I just don't care so much if it gets beat up.

Now Provari vs REOs? I don't really notice that.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
I am not sure if the accuracy has much to do with it for me but I can definitely tell the difference in vape quality using the same volt and the same atty between my vamo and the provari. The vamo is a much harsher vape and the provari very smooth. I suspected it was the higher cycling electrically on the provari. THe vamo is now my beater I use when I worry about dropping it because I just don't care so much if it gets beat up.

Now Provari vs REOs? I don't really notice that.

"The vamo is a much harsher vape"- i suspect if you were blinfolded and couldn't touch the device and could only vape from the same driptip and each device was set correctly you couldn't tell between a bunch of devices which was which. until someone does a blind test we will never know.......

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
ProVari is the only thing I own that will downregulate well for my preferred setup.

Fixed that for ya. (Corrections in red.^^^^)

As far as I know, just about every regulated device starts around a down-regulated 3V as the lowest setting of it's adjustable range. The exception to this is the newer DNA and SX variety. Now whether or not the old cheap-o 33.3Hz devices will do this as well as a Provari, and what the lowest resistance any device will fire to, is another story, but there you have it.

Is why I sold my DNA's and Semovar. I like my Russian at .8 oms with 26 gauge Kanthal, around 3 volts.

Well, that's good you like it set there, because that's absolutely the only setting where you can vape that coil on a Provari.

2.9V, aka the very lowest setting on the Provari, is the one and only setting on a Provari that will fire a .85Ω coil without exceeding it's 3.5A limit. Any adjustment above that will shoot you an error. Obviously, you cannot adjust down from the 2.9V setting.

Also, and this is totally anecdotal; if people think sub-ohming is a super small niche of the vaping scene, I'd imagine under-powering sub-ohm coils is a downright microscopic niche.

None of the others will actually deliver that (unless the battery is low.

Crank a Kick 2 to 10W and you have the exact same down-regulated vape on your .85Ω coil, and as a bonus, you can now even adjust lower or higher from there.

Screenshot2014-01-21at101315PM_zps93863745.png

I'm not saying your Russian with a .85Ω coil at around 3V isn't a great vape to you, and that you aren't in a super happy place with your setup; just pointing out some mis-information posted that maybe/apparently you have come to think of as fact when it comes to numbers and such. On the plus side, even though you can't adjust a damn thing voltage wise with your .85Ω Russian setup, it is at least consistently regulated at that 2.9V... so that's cool I guess.

Cheers

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
"The vamo is a much harsher vape"- i suspect if you were blinfolded and couldn't touch the device and could only vape from the same driptip and each device was set correctly you couldn't tell between a bunch of devices which was which. until someone does a blind test we will never know.......

Actually it was the first thing I noticed when I first got the provari. Same atty same volts it is just smoother on the provari to me.

Now as for telling the difference between the provari and a good mech? Nope the smooth is about the same.

I stopped caring a long time ago what anyone thinks about the provari. It works for me when I am not using my REOs. I have never claimed to speak for anyone other than myself and what I notice about it.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Sorry, the so-called "rattlesnake effect" is a well-documented vaping experience whether or not all people can experience it themselves or not. The phenomenon has been documented on an oscelloscope (ie PBusardo) and has been discussed ad nauseaum on this forum. Too many people experience the difference in vaping experience for it to be a placebo effect or self-delusion.

As to the claim that it is marketing hype, just what manufacturers or vendors have you seen make the claim about the smoother vape vs harsher vape? I've seen none of the kind. These are the claims of the owners who remark about the smoother vape of the higher frequency PWM.

Other than my Provari's and MVP, my other VV/VW mods have either been put away in a drawer or been given away because I have been spoiled and can't stand to vape on the 33.3 Hz "rattlesnake" mods because of their harsher vape. Why should I settle for a lesser vape, when the Provari or MVP is just that much more enjoyable?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/381232-provari-oscope-vs-vamo.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/488840-rattlesnake-effect-why-cheapo-vv-exception-itaste-mvp-dont-vape-same-provari-dna20d.html

I don't need no stink'n blindfold test to prove to me what I already know.

Last edited:

5150Marley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
Shhhh its a secret. ;)
I love my SVD ,ego's and other mod's had a Provari dropped it twice and it's gone .
Dropped the SVD 2-3 hundred times still going strong lol I'm spastic and drop things all the time , sad really.lol

If you still have the ProVari email ProVape and they can fix it for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread