The ProVari Has Ruined Everything For Me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuclear Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2014
Memphis, TN
Denial?...of what?....if your words were accurate I wouldnt have to decipher...your still stuck in "more stuff is better" mode...you completely miss the point of what niche the Provari fits in and who it is intended for....geeez...you mad bro? :ohmy:

No, I'm not mad at all and no, I didn't miss any point. I'm not stuck in any mode other than I want a little more than what Provari has to offer at this point. I gave my reasons but when you decided I needed to be corrected you conveniently left that part out with your select quoting. I simply stated that point without making any attempt to belittle the product and you come in feeling that I need to be corrected. That's all. You have your opinion on the product and I have mine. I don't need you to put words in my mouth that I never said. This forum has an edit botton, when it's needed I use it.

Mad over what someone said on the internet? Get real.

Last edited:

Nuclear Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2014
Memphis, TN
You said "more" meant at minimum 20 watts of power. Cool, that's your definition of "more". As some of us have been saying, "more" means different things to different people.

I can say that I want "more" from a mod than a typical 20 watt mod can give me:

• A variable voltage mod built and manufactured to be every bit as durable as a mechanical mod. (Provari - I can be clumsy at times, and drop my mod on the sidewalk. I might even accidently drop it in a mud puddle. I trust that my Provari will survive that. A dna mod? :unsure: I want a mod that I don't have to baby and which I can take anywhere and not worry is that circumstance safe to bring it with me.

• A regulated mod whose dependability and reliability has been proven over the course of time. (Provari)
    Enough said.

• A regulated mod which can regulate power below the current battery voltage level. Sometimes I like to vape below 4.2 - 3.7 volts. (A Provari can regulate as low as 2.9 volts)

• Built by a manufacturer who, should the mod become disabled, will provide lifetime support & repair for as long as I own the mod. (Provape) Proven Provape customer service over four years time. I don't want to spend $200+ on a DNA and have it become an expensive paperweight 6 months - 1 year from now should it need repair.

• I prefer a tube-style form factor. Most DNA mods currently available have a box-style format. (Provari)

That's what "more" means to ME. It's all a matter of personal preference and what our individual wants & needs are. I get it, your "more" is just different than my "more".

That's cool. More power to you! It's all about what we like. I tried one and moved on. I simply stated why I moved on and a few seem to have a problem with that.

Dampmaskin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
Norway
www.steam-engine.org
Who cares about Different power? I want Different buttons.

sYsxAbj.png

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I heard it was going to be telescoping, and accept everything from this
625U-LR9-cell.jpg

to this
Enduro.png

stacked in any combination.

That would be Nice.

But I'm still going to Wait until they offer one that has a 10,000mAh Solar Battery that Charges in 2 Minutes or Less from overhead Fluorescent Lights.

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
No, I'm not mad at all and no, I didn't miss any point. I'm not stuck in any mode other than I want a little more than what Provari has to offer at this point. I gave my reasons but when you decided I needed to be corrected you conveniently left that part out with your select quoting. I simply stated that point without making any attempt to belittle the product and you come in feeling that I need to be corrected. That's all. You have your opinion on the product and I have mine. I don't need you to put words in my mouth that I never said. This forum has an edit botton, when it's needed I use it.

Mad over what someone said on the internet? Get real.

Dont forget to include that with many of these higher wattage mods such as the Seven22, DNA30 devices, etc. that you cant dial it down under 7 watts...so in a way, you not only get your definition of "more", but you also get a limitation with that mod...so in all reality, you also get less...

Most folks never vape a regulated device at 7 watts much less double digit wattage...that's Provape's target market...with your need for "more" you were never their target...

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
Dont forget to include that with many of these higher wattage mods such as the Seven22, DNA30 devices, etc. that you cant dial it down under 7 watts...so in a way, you not only get your definition of "more", but you also get a limitation with that mod...so in all reality, you also get less...

Most folks never vape a regulated device at 7 watts much less double digit wattage...that's Provape's target market...with your need for "more" you were never their target...

I can't imagine vaping any of my atties (generally in the 1.4Ω-1.5Ω range) at anything less than 12.5 or 13W. 7W with a 1.5Ω build is only 3.2v. You might as well be vaping air. You're not really vaping at 3.2v, you're just inhaling flavored air.

Nuclear Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2014
Memphis, TN
You're statment that "Most folks never vape a regulated device at 7 watts much less double digit wattage" is an unbelievable stretch. But, if less is more to you then you have the right device reguardless of the logic. I think I have just outgrown mine, that's all.

Enjoy your vape and have a great day!

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
you're statment that "most folks never vape a regulated device at 7 watts much less double digit wattage" is an unbelievable stretch. But, if less is more to you then you have the right device reguardless of the logic. I think i have just outgrown mine, that's all.

lol................

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
I can't imagine vaping any of my atties (generally in the 1.4Ω-1.5Ω range) at anything less than 12.5 or 13W. 7W with a 1.5Ω build is only 3.2v. You might as well be vaping air. You're not really vaping at 3.2v, you're just inhaling flavored air.

I cant imagine having over a thousand posts since March, yet there you are....when do you have time to vape? Geeesh

I'd say most people vape a bit higher resistance atties....2 ohm and slightly above seems more likely...even if you cant imagine it...

Chelonian

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Upper East TN
You're statment that "Most folks never vape a regulated device at 7 watts much less double digit wattage" is an unbelievable stretch. But, if less is more to you then you have the right device reguardless of the logic. I think I have just outgrown mine, that's all.

Very little annoys me on the Internet...and what wohld annoy me in life, amuses me on forums
So....I have to admit that the arrogance of some people who sub ohm really cracks me up.
They come across, whether they mean it or not, as if the vast majority sub ohm, and those that dont are doing it wrong. (Watch the denial and dialoge deflect start flying after that statement)
Yes, nuke, the vast majority of vapers do NOT sub ohm.
Most of us use clearos.
Also, i vape quite happily at .75 ohms on my provari. Six wraps, 26 gauge, 2.9 volts.
An anecdote for ya:
I have a wrap on my provari. I was at my local B&M, and there was a cloud chaser there that i know well. He owns a Manhattan has a Bay City fetish and goes to competitions to participate.
There were a few of us hanging out and I've had my Provari with the above set up there.
I sucked on it blew a few clouds.
He asked me what dna30 device I had.
I gave him my Provari and asked him to try it out to see what he thought.
He was in the middle of saying that he was glad to see me finally away from that Provariuntil I saw the button and screen.
I can give other examples....the simple fact is, that in vaping, like a lot of other things, expierence is subjective.
I came in third in a regional Vape meet contest with that setup.
Clouds, taste, and vapor production have more to do with your setup and lung capacity than wattage.
Also, every cloud chaser i have spoken with agrees with my experience- go much past .45 on a coil, you lose flavor.
To recap this tl/dr post....
Provari outsells every other VV device in its price range for a reason:
Its good, and nothing else offers enough to sway the majority of buyers in that price range.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nuclear Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2014
Memphis, TN
Very little annoys me on the Internet...and what wohld annoy me in life, amuses me on forums
So....I have to admit that the arrogance of some people who sub ohm really cracks me up.
They come across, whether they mean it or not, as if the vast majority sub ohm, and those that dont are doing it wrong. (Watch the denial and dialoge deflect start flying after that statement)
Yes, nuke, the vast majority of vapers do NOT sub ohm.
Most of us use clearos.
Also, i vape quite happily at .75 ohms on my provari. Six wraps, 26 gauge, 2.9 volts.
An anecdote for ya:
I have a wrap on my provari. I was at my local B&M, and there was a cloud chaser there that i know well. He owns a Manhattan has a Bay City fetish and goes to competitions to participate.
There were a few of us hanging out and I've had my Provari with the above set up there.
I sucked on it blew a few clouds.
He asked me what dna30 device I had.
I gave him my Provari and asked him to try it out to see what he thought.
He was in the middle of saying that he was glad to see me finally away from that Provariuntil I saw the button and screen.
I can give other examples....the simple fact is, that in vaping, like a lot of other things, expierence is subjective.
I came in third in a regional Vape meet contest with that setup.
Clouds, taste, and vapor production have more to do with your setup and lung capacity than wattage.
Also, every cloud chaser i have spoken with agrees with my experience- go much past .45 on a coil, you lose flavor.
To recap this tl/dr post....
Provari outsells every other VV device in its price range for a reason:
Its good, and nothing else offers enough to sway the majority of buyers in that price range.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I think you read way too deep into my post. Let me clarify. Most people that vape with a VV or VV/VW device, I believe do so at 7 watts or above, REGUARDLESS of what ohm's they are running. Be it with one of the vast number of clearomizers that run from 1.5 to 2.0 ohms or the ones that use RBA's, etc. To state they don't is only an imaginative way to say "my device is better because it goes lower than 7 watts." Some of the comments made in defense of this product and why it's better are flat out ridiculus. The statement I made had nothing to do with sub-ohm'ing at all. How you got that is beyond me. If you like your's that's great! Be happy, that's what it's all about. If I try it and decide I like something else better what's the problem with that?

If you still want to think of me as arrogant, that's fine.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I can't believe this thread is still going?

Aint that the Truth!

I don't know which is Worse?

People getting their Knickers in a Twist about what Other People Use to Vape?

or

Me Reading about People getting their Knickers in a Twist about what Other People Use to Vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread