The ProVari Has Ruined Everything For Me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
I don't know his math on what people vape as a rule but I put an atty on and it's usually in the 1.2 - 1.8 ohm range(my happy place) and raise the voltage until I'm happy and, on the provari, it is no higher than 4V. I have a V1 Provari so....I, personally, like the newer V2.5 provari for the ability to drop below 1.2 ohms but then I was looking around and found these new dna30 chips and thought....hmm...okay I'll bite so... But perusing these threads has revealed that these sub ohmers just seem to be the most intolerant and rude folks. I dunno, maybe it's just me catching the loud mouths or something....I got no hard statistics. I have been vaping for 5 years(most on a bf Reo or Provari). Love my regulated mods for peace of mind. It just used to be that I'd get on ECF and have fun and learn but, these days, it just seems to aggravate me due to the impatient and non-tolerant folks that jump on and look for an excuse to disagree.

Maybe it's just me?

Southern Tina

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
FL
At this point this thread makes want to vomit. My friend and I had a great laugh reading through this at his shoppe earlier.
I'm gonna be positive though; and, look at this thread as a learning experience.
Sometimes it's best to just shut up.

I couldn't agree more. This ship has sailed people.

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
Very little annoys me on the Internet...and what wohld annoy me in life, amuses me on forums

Me too.

So....I have to admit that the arrogance of some people who don't sub ohm really cracks me up.
They come across, whether they mean it or not, as if the vast majority don't sub ohm, and those that do are doing it wrong. (Watch the denial and dialoge deflect start flying after that statement)

Fixed that for you in red, just to show you how easily that is turned around and how presumptuous it is to think you are the keeper of all vaping trends and statistics.

Yes, nuke, the vast majority of vapers do NOT sub ohm.
Most of us use clearos.

It's whatever, neither you or I have the correct or backed up and valid answer to "declare as fact" here, agreed?

Also, i vape quite happily at .75 ohms on my provari. Six wraps, 26 gauge, 2.9 volts.

Well now, you now have found the MAGIC PROVARI!!! Because damn son, that's pretty well over the 3.5A limit.

Earlier in this thread, I responded to you here. Since then you have dropped your favorite build's resistance from .85Ω into magical .75Ω territory.

And just like I said in my first response to you, I'm not here to tell you your .85Ω coil at 2.9V Russian/Provari setup isn't an awesome vape for you.

However, hearing about this low voltage/thicker gauge wire metering below 1Ω again implores me to elaborate this post with an opinion:

.85Ω at 2.9V seems like a pretty lame vape to me, personally. That's like a good .7V beyond were I would of switched batteries in my mech. Sure it's 10W, but on six wraps of 26g, that's lame under-powered city. It must take a year to heat up that 26g and start vaporizing.

May I make a suggestion? Try a thinner gauge wire like 28-30g, and shoot for > 1.3Ω if you haven't done so. Running your Provari with .85Ω coil at 2.9V not only grossly under-powers that type of build, but gives you ZERO flexibility to adjust a single solitary thing.

And like I said in my first response to you, if you used a Kick 2 on that coil, and set it to 10W, you'd be able to use that .85Ω coil, replicating that exact same 2.9V vape, and then be able to adjust even further down (oh god why) or UP (more like it).

This is just my opinion, but sometimes I think people who wrap sub-ohm coils on devices that can barely power them, are merely wrapping sub-ohm coils for the sake of going below 1Ω.

Super weird dude...

An anecdote for ya:

-snip-

Screenshot2014-03-15at51440PM_zpsd8374d31.png

-snip-

:D

Clouds, taste, and vapor production have more to do with your setup and lung capacity than wattage.

For once I agree with you. Cloud blowing contests are analogous to a hot dog eating competition IMO. It's far more to do with lung capacity after a certain point.

Provari outsells every other VV device in its price range for a reason:
It's the only device today that offers only VV. All the other competition offers VW, with no menus to scroll through, because all relevant information is on the screen at once.

Now I'm just messing with your quotes for my own amusement here. :D

Cheers

Last edited:

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Me too.

Fixed that for you in red, just to show you how easily that is turned around and how presumptuous it is to think you are the keeper of all vaping trends and statistics.

Maybe for the majority that uses Blu starter kits or a comparable eGo starter kit. As soon as you start venturing into the market of someone who is a candidate for an APV, that changes. Have you seen pictures and videos of the big vape meets this year? Show me the vast majority of clearos on the 3,000+ people walking about. If they walked in with a clearo, they most likely walked out with a Kayfun or RDA. I am going to flat out admit I am guessing here on any statistics, but this has what I've been observing with my own two eyes this year. It certainly seems to be the trend.

It's whatever though, neither you or I have the correct or backed up and valid answer to "declare as fact" here, agreed?

Well now, you now have found the MAGIC PROVARI!!! Because damn son, that's pretty well over the 3.5A limit.

Earlier in this thread, I responded to you here. Since then you have dropped your favorite build's resistance from .85Ω into magical .75Ω territory.

And just like I said in my first response to you, I'm not here to tell you your .85Ω coil at 2.9V Russian/Provari setup isn't an awesome vape for you.

However, hearing about this low voltage/thicker gauge wire metering below 1Ω again implores me to elaborate this post with an opinion:

.85Ω at 2.9V seems like a pretty lame vape to me, personally. That's like a good .7V beyond were I would of switched batteries in my mech. Sure it's 10W, but on six wraps of 26g, that's lame under-powered city. It must take a year to heat up that 26g and start vaporizing.

May I make a suggestion? Try a thinner gauge wire like 28-30g, and shoot for > 1.3Ω if you haven't done so. Running your Provari with .85Ω coil at 2.9V not only grossly under-powers that type of build, but gives you ZERO flexibility to adjust a single solitary thing.

And like I said in my first response to you, if you used a Kick 2 on that coil, and set it to 10W, you'd be able to use that .85Ω coil, replicating that exact same 2.9V vape, and then be able to adjust even further down (oh god why) or UP (more like it).

This is just my opinion, but sometimes I think people who wrap sub-ohm coils on devices that can barely power them, are merely wrapping sub-ohm coils for the sake of going below 1Ω.

Super weird dude...

:D

For once I agree with you. Cloud blowing contests are analogous to a hot dog eating competition IMO. It's far more to do with lung capacity after a certain point.

Now I'm just messing with your quotes for my own amusement here. :D

Cheers

ah, funkdrac, you forgot to respond to some of the posts there...

Chelonian

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Upper East TN
Ah funky, methinks that you are trying to start something :)

Notice I didn't say that I vape all the time at .75
.85 is where I like my Russian at, but .75 is the lowest the Provari will fire when set at 2.9
Ita not reliable there either. Every 4th vape or so it hits an E1 overpower error, which doesnt happen at .85

Simple logic dictates that since our activity of vaping is growing, the vast majority of vapers use clearomizers, therefore do not sub ohm.
Using simple logic on the rest of your post shows it for what it is....trolling.

Simply changing peoples posts in your quotes to how you want them to appear, rather than what was actually written, is rather childish.
Edit
As to why I like 26 gauge at. 85 on a Provari? The big coil, with a large surface area, gives a more wick exposure to heat, therefore, more vapor.
Of course I can turn up the voltage to get the same wattage on a higher res coil.
It tastes better this way to me. Not weird at all.

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I think this will hold us for a bit, at least through portions of what will follow.

View attachment 343518

Oh, wait! Popcorn. We need popcorn.

:pop::pop:

Let's sit back and enjoy, shall we, Darling?

Oh we shall, Longolino, we shall. ;)

Look at all the pretty drinkies! But why does my margarita have a pickle in it?

Is this a vape friendly place? Shall we bring our SEVEN Provaris?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Oh we shall, Longolino, we shall. ;)

Look at all the pretty drinkies! But why does my margarita have a pickle in it?

Is this a vape friendly place? Shall we bring our SEVEN Provaris?

SILLY question. BUT, OF COURSE (we should)!!!

A pickle, you say (think). So be it.

cando80

Apr 25, 2014
massachusetts
ive been vaping on an Evic for two months, i have a protank 3 and a nautilus, im so ready for a provari like now, but i dont know what to get with it, shoukd i get the kayfun kite plus from vape rev or something else? will my tanks work better with the provari cause i really cant get the flavor i want out of either of them? thx in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread