The rare legitimate question for provari owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mutescream

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Florida, USA
First off, I'm not going to ask you to justify your purchase (like most/all provari threads seem to). If you are happy with your pv, I'm happy for you. I'm not here to poke you with a stick, but I will admit that part of the purpose of this thread is to see if someone else actually needs to be poked with a stick.

I want you to ask yourself something... How many of you bought your provari about the same time as one of those "why did you trade your firstborn child for a provari" threads. How many bought one after a few provari owners essentially either told someone "buy a provari, you'll eventually do it anyway", "it's no more 'just a battery tube', than a Porsche is just a car" or something else along those lines.

I'm not speculating that any of the provari owners around here are witting shills, or stating that provape is manipuating ecf members in a slick distributed ad campaign that conditions you to be their deployed marketing team (but, if they are... it's devious enough that Palpatine would be jealous). I'm not even going to point a finger at a reseller... I just want you to consider how many people actually buy provaris as a direct result of those threads, as I note at least one or two posters saying they just ordered within those threads that I have read (ostensibly as a direct result of multitudes of fervently loyal provari owners coming out of the woodwork, to provide passionate testimonials).

I'm not saying you've been hoodwinked, or that you have been consciously hoodwinking others... I'm not saying that the provari is a bad purchase, either. I'm not debating the relative value of the provari, as that goes outside of the scope of this thread.

But, with this being the largest ecig forum... In conjunction with the startling regularity of those threads... It has to be doing wonders for their branding awareness, and as a result sales.

I'm more interested in exploring if it is merely trolls yanking your chain, or merchants tugging at your (and other's) collective wallets.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
I think most people who are spending that kind of money, really its not that much tho, actually research more than this forum before buying. I researched deeply before buying mine. I actually owned everything else before buying a ProVari. I didn't buy it because of thread posts. I bought it from researching for months.

But it's just like anything else... People tend to give free advertising for products they own if they enjoy them. Its that way with every other product out there too.

Sicarius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
NZ
I bought my ProVari simply because I needed to have a super reliable device that just works. It is not cheap getting goods to NZ and when you pay dear for shipping you may as well get the best in my opinion. I am the proud owner of a V1 model that is almost three years old and has been dropped and mistreated at times and it is yet to give me hassles. Testament I guess to a solid mod and hopefully to another three years good service. My :2c:

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
The reason I got mine is people were saying the threads were made out of stainless steel and I emailed Provape and got the same answer. I went through 2 Vamos which I loved but the threads stripped within 6 months on both even though I was extremly careful. I didn't take in account that the vape quality would be better...which its def is!

I look at it this way. I could buy 4 more vamos in the next couple of years or pay the money for the provari and have a better quality mod and vape for the next 2 years or more. Im not into wattage or fancy bells or whistles so the simplicity of the provari is just right for me. I plan to get a mini this summer also to keep in my carry case.

Dampmaskin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
Norway
www.steam-engine.org
My personal process:

First I watched reviews. I looked at graphs. I was impressed by the graphs.

Then I read opinions. Many good things. A few bad things.

Then I counted my coins. I realized that vaping is important to me, and that my mobile phone, my relatively cheap camera, and all of my guitars all cost more than a Provari. Each.

Then I looked at a bunch of other mods. I realized that I could spend thousands on different gadgets.

Then I went and bought a tool instead of a gadget.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I bought my first one to celebrate 6 months of being tobacco free. I never posted a "what should I get?" type of thread. I have the, apparently rare, abilities to: A) Google; B) Read; C) Evaluate options. At the time, my available choices were more limited than what is available now. I bought more because I really like them. It's the same reason I have more than one Reo and Phidias.

For the record I (and most other ProVari owners) never suggest a ProVari unless the person asking questions has expressed a genuine interest. Telling someone they will get anything at some point is ridiculous unless they have a crystal ball. I'm too old to be hoodwinked over mod anyway. Why would I buy something just because a stranger on the internet said it was good? I will take their advice under consideration, and then apply...critical thinking skills! How novel!

ETA: ProVape doesn't need ECF.

Search - Getty Images : provape , WA: Inside ProVape Inc.'s Facility As Electronic Cigarettes Sales Projected To Double To $1 Billion This Year

sigarette-elettroniche-supertassa-crisi-7.jpg

Last edited:

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
when i first purchased a provari it was the V1 matte finish. at a time when Vari volts was hit or miss in devices. i read reviews and did my research ie spent money on devices and pass thurs and attys and such of various resistance and even a carlos juicebox and found my sweet spot at the time was 9 watts give or take and either a LR atty of a crappy batt device or a 2.0 ohm at around 4.5-5.0 volts on the later received provari.

i can say this once i used the provari my choice was vindicated both with the ability to go 3.7 up to 6.0 volts which was rare at the time. and it was a powerhouse when version 2.0 came out just before the blue led choice i picked up another and ultimately my first one ended up in the hands of a down on his luck vaper with an 18650. who never came thur on his end of the loan but what can you do once its mailed there is no promises.

then RDA came into the picture and back then the education was not and it was all experimenting did not like it then but boy do i now. i picked up some sony v4 and a mech mod and im happy at .8 dc and 6mg nic. back lthis time last year give or take a few months i was 24mg at 6 volts depending on tank/carto/resistance and all.

now i also have a mvp 2.0 but m more rda at home and simple carto for the drive.

TheJakeBailey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Austin,TX, USA
I was super excited to check out this thread. AI really real, certified legitimate question for Provari owners. Not intended to instigate, flame, or turn out like the other Provari threads. And then... disappointment.

I really can't determine what the question is, if it's not do you think you were scammed into falling for the Provari hype? The obvious answer is going to be "no, and here is why." Everything listed as "I'm not trying to say," seems to be exactly what you ARE trying to say. Provari owners are either sheep who followed the advice in the countless other threads, sheep who were scammed into it some other way, or just people who think they have a really quality device. I'm betting you will get a lot of the third.

And for the record, I don't own one. (but if anybody feels like they got scammed into it, I'll take it off your hands. lol)

Last edited:

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
If I never came to ECF odds are I wouldn't have learned a Provari even existed, ergo I'd never have bought one.

I wasn't looking for recommendations etc..... But because of the many many Provari threads I became aware of them and bought one.

Hope that answers your question OP, I suppose many have bought Provari due to ECF Provari threads.

No I don't think ProVape puts anyone up to deliberitally create threads for the purpose of sales. hope that also answers your question OP.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
I was super excited to check out this thread. I really real question for Provari owners, not intended to instigate, flame, or turn out like the other Provari threads. And then... disappointment.

I really can't determine what the question is, if it's not do you think you were scammed into falling for the Provari hype? The obvious answer is going to be "no, and here is why." Everything listed as "I'm not trying to say," seems to be exactly what you ARE trying to say. Provari owners are either sheep who followed the advice in the countless other threads, sheep who were scammed into it some other way, or just people who think they have a really quality device. I'm betting you will get a lot of the third.

And for the record, I don't own one. (but if anybody feels like they got scammed into it, I'll take it off your hands. lol)

I think the majority will fall under number 3. Very few and I mean few are unhappy after buying and using their ProVari. Actually I've never heard of anyone complaining. Most people who buy it end up using it exclusively.

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
there is a 4th group of provari owners and that are the mod collector they are the type with to much money in their pockets or freebies for review they who own at least one of every talked about genuine mod. i can think of a few reviewers who would fit that bill and a few people who have there all day vape and still buy mods simple for something to new to own or to join some popularity club. one i can think of is tinkerbellsmom she has mods and device of most colors including pink. so much that she has several storage drawers full of labelled devices that make me think she was building stock for a local store but she vapes them all at some point.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
I didn't have to buy my first ProVari. Won it at my first meet on the 6th day of vaping. Took no smarts, no research, no big decision. Just pure noobie luck. Had been using the MVP I had researched and purchased to start vaping and patting myself on my back for making a wise choice. After bringing the ProVari home, I would switch from one to the other when the batteries needed recharging; but slowly started to favor the ProVari more and more.

My second ProVari (a mini) was purchased 2 mos. later. Non smoking husband's birthday gift to me. Didn't want or need anything else. Both hubby and I are retired and old enough that we've acquired all that we've wanted, hobbies have come and gone, so he was delighted that finally there was something I really, really wanted.

My third ProVari (another mini) was purchased 4 mos. later. Another gift for 6 mos. of NOT smoking 2+ PAD and our 37th anniversary with Valentine's thrown in. Hubbs really likes that I make his gift shopping so easy on him. I still use that first MVP, version 1, every once in a while and also have the version 2 which was also a gift. Think the people around me want me to continue vaping? PLUS, they are cheaper and more useful than a piece of jewelry!

Phil Busardo, Taste Your Juice, and Dimitris "The Vapin Greek, both fine reviewers with several hundred pieces of equipment between them, had been asked if all were taken away and they could only have one which would it be. ProVari! That's it! Mother's Day is coming up! :D

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I did not buy mine due to any influence by threads. At the time (two years ago) there were only three "great" options, all of which were excellent (for that time).

Provari
Darwin
BuzzPro

The Provari was the one, based on my researching each, that made my heart beat fastest. It was an excellent fit for me.

Times have since changed dramatically, and now excellent mods are everywhere. And I'm thrilled that I've been able to own many of them. Some were bought and sold, others remain in daily use. Included in that "daily use" are my Provaris.

Regrets, none.

Mark Anthony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
Scranton, Pa USA
I have no regrets after buying mine either. I did plenty of research, watched countless videos and made up my own mind. Tax time came and I thought I would treat myself after a long hard year of work and for quitting smoking. I own several other mods all which I still use to this day for one reason or another but when I have that rare occasion when I can sit for a spell and want the best vape that I can get, I pick up my Provari and go relax. :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread