FDA The real problem with the FDA regulations is the approval process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neloish

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I have seen a lot of slippery slope and straw-man arguments over the FDA regulations, but the fact is these are currently GOOD regulations. The real problem is that the FDA is ridiculously slow with its approval process, and can simply not approve products for arbitrary reasons.

I believe that we can all agree that the regulations would be completely acceptable if we could trust the FDA to have a speedy approval process and well defined standards for product approval. However, this is currently not the case.

Therefore I believe that we should use the comment period to lobby the FDA to implement a cheap, speedy, and transparent approval process, and of course to defend flavors. If the FDA had such a system than these regulations would be acceptable. We all new regulations was coming, we should be glad we are not in Europe's situation. We need to spend our time and energy on logical arguments that we can achieve.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Actually I think the more they drag their feet, the better for us -- to let us stockpile ejuice for a couple years+ or even to raise consciousness enough among the public at large to urge the FDA to get its thumb out of our business. I don't really believe that will happen of course, once the gov't gets its thumb into anything, pretty soon they'll be sticking larger things in, but at least it would let us stockpile for a while.

I really don't see that we need anymore "regulating" than we already have, and I do believe they're just setting the stage for more drastic "regulating" measures. They want us all to go back to smoking, you know, so they can make money off of us as they have been for years. Or failing that, if we just insist on quitting, they want us to use those ineffective NRT things their good buddy BP markets, so that THEY can make money. The fact of not making money on e-cigs is what is so galling to them. It's all about the money; they don't actually give a rat's patootie about our wellbeing. If they did, they wouldn't be so anti-e-cig.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread