The REAL Snus was Delivered Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WerkIt

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2009
WOW! I placed an order with buysnus.com via Swedish post office and four days later it is sitting in my mailbox. I ordered 11 cans, with every single can being mini-portions. I had just placed a Camel SNUS in my mouth when the mail was delivered. I promptly spit the Camel SNUS portion out and popped a mini-portion of the Catch Dry White Eucalyptus:

First impressions:

The eucalyptus flavor began somewhat subtly, being soon overtaken by saltiness. The saltiness didn't last long and was followed by the eucalyptus fulling enveloping my mouth. 30 minutes later, with the mini-portion still in, it is as if I had used a mouthwash or breath spray a half hour ago.

My favorite thing so far: The Camel SNUS had me buzzing my balls off with 8 mg of nicotine. It was a bit on the strong side for me. (I know many complain Camel SNUS is too weak, but I was an ultralight smoker for all but 3 of the last 28.5 years) The 4 mg of nicotine in the white mini-portions are perfect for me. Yet, I still get that 'peppery' throat hit as with a cigarette, but it is much milder and more tolerable for me, as compared to the Camel SNUS. I had already planned to sample some regular portions in my next order, but I think now I will skip it, given the perfection of the 4 mg mini-portions. (OK, except for LD Black, but what they hey? I am a licorice freak, which is why 3 cans of my order were either licorice or anise.)

Other: The mini-portions are smaller and contain less tobacco than the Camel SNUS, making it far easier to slip between the upper lip and cheek.

I am VERY, VERY pleased, particularly given I now have 11 options to the sickening and artificially sweet Camel flavors. The only question remaining is, what in the hell do I do with the remaining 14 portions of Camel mellow?

Mohave

ECF Veteran
Thank you for the thorough detailed description. These things are like restaurant or wine reviews, except the meal or bottle has to be ordered and paid for well ahead of time, and descriptions of others' experience with them are useful when I'm looking over the "menu" for my next "meal."
Hopefully it won't take too long to ship.....
It has been taking about a week for snus orders to get to me in the southwestern US, via Swedish post.

Last edited:

smokingclam

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Punta Gorda, Florida
WOW! I placed an order with buysnus.com via Swedish post office and four days later it is sitting in my mailbox. I ordered 11 cans, with every single can being mini-portions. I had just placed a Camel SNUS in my mouth when the mail was delivered. I promptly spit the Camel SNUS portion out and popped a mini-portion of the Catch Dry White Eucalyptus:

First impressions:

The eucalyptus flavor began somewhat subtly, being soon overtaken by saltiness. The saltiness didn't last long and was followed by the eucalyptus fulling enveloping my mouth. 30 minutes later, with the mini-portion still in, it is as if I had used a mouthwash or breath spray a half hour ago.

My favorite thing so far: The Camel SNUS had me buzzing my balls off with 8 mg of nicotine. It was a bit on the strong side for me. (I know many complain Camel SNUS is too weak, but I was an ultralight smoker for all but 3 of the last 28.5 years) The 4 mg of nicotine in the white mini-portions are perfect for me. Yet, I still get that 'peppery' throat hit as with a cigarette, but it is much milder and more tolerable for me, as compared to the Camel SNUS. I had already planned to sample some regular portions in my next order, but I think now I will skip it, given the perfection of the 4 mg mini-portions. (OK, except for LD Black, but what they hey? I am a licorice freak, which is why 3 cans of my order were either licorice or anise.)

Other: The mini-portions are smaller and contain less tobacco than the Camel SNUS, making it far easier to slip between the upper lip and cheek.

I am VERY, VERY pleased, particularly given I now have 11 options to the sickening and artificially sweet Camel flavors. The only question remaining is, what in the hell do I do with the remaining 14 portions of Camel mellow?
That's sounds like me a month ago. I now have close to 70 cans of portions and loose.:rolleyes:
Had a training class this week where the only give you a smoke break in the morning plus one in the afternoon. I left a portion in almost all day long and no nic fits what so ever.:D First class since I quit smoking and it was snus to the rescue!!

BeRight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2009
Ellicott City, Maryland
Northerner products is carried in the USA by Get snus at GetSnus.com. Always fast shipping and their prices are the same as Sweden site minus the large shipping charge.

Disclaimer: I am not connected in anyway to any supplier. I just use Snus and vape at the same time and always search for better deals.

Mohave

ECF Veteran
Northerner products is carried in the USA by Get snus at GetSnus.com. Always fast shipping and their prices are the same as Sweden site minus the large shipping charge.

Disclaimer: I am not connected in anyway to any supplier. I just use Snus and vape at the same time and always search for better deals.
I actually do find differences in their pricing. For example, both Claq Qui and General ES are $4/roll more on Getsnus ($31.00) than Northerner ($27.10). But it varies. Some others are priced the same.

Does Getsnus ship free, or for much less? I haven't been able to find a description of their shipping policies on their website. Is it on there somewhere that I've overlooked?

WerkIt

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2009
As far as Göteborgs Rapé White Mini Portions, also known as 'goat rape,'

MMMMMM! This is all about the Juniper berries! I could not figure out for the life of me why the smell and taste of this one had me thinking of gin martinis. Now I know why. It is as if someone took the flavor of a fine gin, turned the volume down a few notches, and made it into a snus. The almost harsh edge of a good gin is completely missing here, which is a good thing. I LOVE this one and plan on ALWAYS having some of this around. It could not possibly be any better.

Presently I have Catch Licorice Mini Portion in. The saltiness hasn't fully dissolved yet so I can't speak about the taste as it finally blooms. The strength of the licorice flavor is quite strong regardless. These portions are exceedingly dark and moist, completely different from the white portions. I am curious to see which of the two licorice and one anis in this order will end up being my favorite.

WerkIt

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2009
Northerner products is carried in the USA by Get snus at GetSnus.com.

My problem with them is I knew I needed low nicotine level mini portions only. The selection in this category of GetSnus.com is not as extensive as Buysnus.com.

Always fast shipping and their prices are the same as Sweden site minus the large shipping charge.

They do have a good reputation amongst many who order from them, from what I understand.

WerkIt

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2009
As far as the Mocca Pomegranate mini portions, there's really only one thing of importance to say: Can I get this in a case?

The smell alone had my mouth watering. Once I popped it in, I understood why. This stuff is like ambrosia. I know some look down on it as a 'girlie' snus targeted at women. Even as a guy, I can get this flavor. It is definitely one of my favorites so far.

dEFinitionofEPIC

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
NJ
Thank you for the thorough detailed description. These things are like restaurant or wine reviews, except the meal or bottle has to be ordered and paid for well ahead of time, and descriptions of others' experience with them are useful when I'm looking over the "menu" for my next "meal."It has been taking about a week for snus orders to get to me in the southwestern US, via Swedish post.

Thats not bad at all..... maybe I'll get it a couple days earlier since I'm on the east coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread