Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I just got one of the most beautiful RTAs Ive ever seen. I have no info on it. Its a genesis, but looks like it could probably be set up like the Origen Genesis.

Its so gorgeous, and I never have much luck with Gennies, but this thing is to DIE for.

I have to be able to use it somehow.

I got in some wonderful gear from the same person and most of it I have NO clue, remember them, but cant find them. I will put them up on a thread separately but THIS one I have to get up and going.

Also got a nice Hydra Genesis, that also looks like it was designed for dual wicks, as well as a gorgeous Copper Kraken. Its like all the holidays put together for a couple years.

Im freaking out man... Its never been used !

reator.JPG

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I found that this morning in an old thread. I tried to put a coil, but it does not read on my ohm reader and tried it on one of my reg devices and it says "check atty" . I tried it on another reg mod, and fired up for a few seconds then it said check atty.

The 510 pos pin barely sticks out of the 510 thread, so I think its just not making contact or somewhere on the pos post not making contact well.

Im not giving up, I will hopefully find a "Doc Dave" nut full of info and willing to share it.

I also found a brand new Doc Dave Mini Gen in the box too

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
I found that this morning in an old thread. I tried to put a coil, but it does not read on my ohm reader and tried it on one of my reg devices and it says "check atty" . I tried it on another reg mod, and fired up for a few seconds then it said check atty.

The 510 pos pin barely sticks out of the 510 thread, so I think its just not making contact or somewhere on the pos post not making contact well.

Im not giving up, I will hopefully find a "Doc Dave" nut full of info and willing to share it.

Does the screw on the center post come out on this one? When my Zen Atty wasn't working, I ended up taking it apart and finding that there were a spring inside the post that was all white and crusty. After cleaning all the crud off the spring, the atty fired right up.

Reactions: anavidfan

Innova

Mar 18, 2015
Virginia

Abid
I will take some photos and see if anyone can help me figure it out. I cant seem to loosen or adjust the pos 510 connection, but again Im not familiar with things "Doc" :)

Im not giving up on this beauty. I will take some proper shots of it.

Hey Avid, Doc says to just give the post a small? sharp tap with something. I saw it in his Steam Turbine video. I had to do it to one of my micro mini's.

Reactions: anavidfan

Domejunky

Feb 28, 2017
Nice Atty! Have you used mesh before? I like to keep a few Gennies around with NETs in, for my moments of weakness...

Todd did a video on the Steam Turbine which also seemed to have the same issue with the positive pin. He talks about the cure there...

What other treats did you get?

Sent from my Aquaris X5 using Tapatalk

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I have tried and used a few mesh set ups. Its just so much of a hassle , maybe the ones I used were difficult ones to start with.

I also just inherited a Kraken Copper, a few Hybrid set ups with Genesis's, and a Hydra Titanium that is beautiful.

Also something Ive never heard of called a "Ruzgar" not sure if its a genesis but its real nice looking.

I have a lot of "homework" to do and lots of practice. I hope I can at least get this one to work.

Reactions: Opinionated

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Nice Atty! Have you used mesh before? I like to keep a few Gennies around with NETs in, for my moments of weakness...

Todd did a video on the Steam Turbine which also seemed to have the same issue with the positive pin. He talks about the cure there...

What other treats did you get?

Sent from my Aquaris X5 using Tapatalk

Darn.... what if I "ruin" it? I have a kitchen mallet and I also have a small one that is for "nose jobs" somewhere, that is small, light and has lead on the surface to cushion the blow.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Avid, those things are beautiful! Yes, do try a tap on the center pin-- gently! Might be cruddy or tarnished from sitting up. Not making contact is probably a good guess. I know I don't have to tell you to be careful not to bridge the inner and outer. Got a mech handy? With a small diameter, adjustable center pin?

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
I was in on Doc Dave's first batch of BliSS genesis attys. My memory is a bit fuzzy but after looking at your pic of the Reactor I kind of remember the center pin being a press fit and needing to push it down when it first arrived. Didn't need to use any type of tool but it was a tight fit.

Reactions: Opinionated

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
View attachment 686999
Sorry Avid, just got home. Doc just gave a little tap on top of the post with the side of a small pair of pliers or something. One short tap, done. Nice going, you got one!

WOW, you have one !!!!! Beautiful !!!!!
Since you have one and "know it" do you think that my wanting to do a horizontal coil with cotton and legs down into the tank , Origenny style is a "realistic" thing? Figured since its not the airiest ( looks good, has 2 sets of 2 air holes on each side ) I would do around 1.1 ish resistance with a 80Vg/ PG liquid and of course try not to chain vape... I said try.... :)

This is how I do my Origen Genesis's, but of course longer legs into the tank.

origen-005.jpg

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Well, my friends, I really appreciate all your help and guidance.

I gathered up all my courage and went for it.... I did as Todd instructed and gave it a tap and it now fires up! I was so stressed... I knew I either went for it or ruined it, but if I put it in a drawer and never used it, wasnt it "non-existent" anyway? It did not cost me anything, but that is besides the point, a gifted ounce of gold is still worth the same as one I paid for?

Its not very cloudy, taste is great, might have to raise the coil a bit. Saturated and its keeping up on a mech. ITs just so friggin beautiful , to me :)

reactor-docdave-001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread