Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
I wanted to start this review by saying...this will be an on-going review as I test and use " The Reo ".

Specifics:

Wood Box mod
Approx 4" x 2" x 1" in size
juice-Fed
18650 Battery
801 /901/510 atomizer
adapters
6ml juice bottle

First off. This beautiful wooden box mod is made by Redeyedancer. It truely is a beautiful wooden box that I received in the mail yesterday. Clyde also has been doing reviews of this mod and hopefully this one will be half as interesting as his has been.

Initial impression : I was very excited to get this. I've been watching Red ( redeyedancer) during the process of his unveiling this mod. I love wood, my house is full of primitive and older antique wooden furniture, so I look at wood as a beautiful creation. The grain and different types of wood fascinate me.

What i received was a wooden box mod that is made of Brazillian Cherry and it has a Maple wood door / closure. This wood is truely beautiful, it has small grain and where Red has stained it, it is just very pleasing to the eye . The maple is lighter color and it just makes this whole thing simply unique looking.

When i received it, I got the box, the wooden door, a knob thingy to put on the maple door....this is what pushes the juice bottle inside...ok..im getting ahead of myself here.
Anyways..i had to assemble the little knob thingy, i dont know what its called. But, was easy enough. With the knob attached, the maple door slides onto the box, completely closing the box.

This is a juice fed atomizer system. So, this knob not only helps in sliding on and off the maple door, it also is used for pushing inward to push the bottle of juice inside which pumps juice up into the atomizer.

Also, Redeyedancer included 3 atomizers for me to try with this unit. I have a 801, 901 and 510 attys and 2 adapters. This box has a standard 801 atty fitting that was sent to me. I'm not sure if he will offer other standard fittings or if it will come as the 801 and the adapters included. It has a large brass fitting on top of the box that holds the atty. 801's fit perfectly...and i tried the 901 and 510 with the adapters and they just screw right down in there without any problem whatsoever.

I'm going to include pictures later on....getting a new camera next week...but i will add Red's pictures that he provided in Clyde's thread on this one as well.

This box mod takes the 18650 3.7v battery...which i love. I've always had this thing for the 18650...not sure why...maybe because it's a bigger battery and i just feel like it's a stronger vape at 3.7...which, it really is. It also has the nice horn switch on the side of the box, which I really like...easy to push and it's big...those little bitty buttons on some of these devices get on my nerves. Love this switch.

The bottle inside the wooden box holds the 18650 battery as well as a 6ml juice bottle. The cap of the bottle is attached to the feeding device that pumps the juice into the atomizer.

Ok...going to post the pictures that were provided by the maker of this box mod. Maybe this will help make a little sense of what i just typed...hopefully :)

This picture is of one of the wooden box mods..not sure if its mine..but it sure looks like it.

c2.jpg

See it there on the work bench ? Isn't it beautiful ? Isn't the 2 different woods together really striking ? I think so.

Ok..like i said...this is going to be an on-going review as I test this unit out. So far...i'm really liking it. I have it currently on the 801 atty...and i really can say....it's vaping like no tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow.....that's when I will continue this review :)

Last edited:

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Thanks guys. They arent for sale just yet...but soon. I will post his website as soon as it's up and running.

I wanted to do a day by day review for awhile...just to test each atty and how it goes for awhile. So..i started this one tonite...Tomorrow...i will post how the 801 and the 901 is going :) And be more specific on how it vapes n such.

Give you a hint......love it....learning curve of ohhhhhhh about...2 minutes. And i have a cure for the 2 minute learning curve which takes it down to nada.

Last edited:

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Adding this picture...which will show you the inside of the box. This is how the inside of mine looks, but this isn't my Reo. This is one of the 1st ones he made i think.

Will continue the review tomorrow.

Anyway..this gives you an idea of how the inside works and how the cover/lid slides into place fully covering the inside.
23-1.jpg

Last edited:

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
question......how exactly does the knob push the bottle? Spring?

Yes...there's a spring included. I put the spring on the front side of the lid between the button of " the pusher" ( i dont know what this thing is truely called, so im naming it the pusher. On the backside of the lid theres a screw end that's approx 1/4 inch round. This screw end is what pushes that bottle of juice to force it up into the atty compartment.

Clyde...I dont know how to add 2 quotes to one thread...so im copying your comment here .

You're talking about the 'primer blow' I presume ..

Ok...i dont know what the "primer blow" is. All i do is when i use a new atty, even on this juice fed mod...i always drip 3 or 4 drops onto that fresh atty....before i start vaping....It takes away the burnt taste.. Is that what you are refererring too ?

Last edited:

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Part 2....Day 3 with " The Reo "

Friday when I got " The Reo "....I started off with the 801 atty. Used it all afternoon....used it so much that i think i had a nicotene high for about an hour ...had to shove Melvin ( the big basset) off the couch so i could lay down for a bit. And....i vape Lower nicotene usually.

I had forgotten how much vape the 801 atty really produces. Nice large clouds of vapor were hanging around my head most of the day.

The absolute first thing i did when i got "the pusher" installed was to put juice into the bottle. I was a bit leary of this, because i was afraid i would somehow mess up the tubing inside, pull it loose or something. I'm totally not the most graceful , hence my nicname, and i tend to be very rough with these vaping devices. So....i wanted to be careful. I put about 3/4 of that bottle full of peppermint ( my favorite ) carefully rescrewed the bottle onto the cap, which seems very well attached..it didnt even act like it wanted to come loose. Then I put an Ultrafire 18650 battery right in there...and then slid the lid on ( with the pusher attached ). The lid slides on easily and fits snug...i was worried about it maybe becoming loose..but its a snug fit.

Now...i was ready to go.

Ok....first thing....took the cap off the 801 atty and dropped about 3 drops onto the atty. I always do that with a new atomizer. It helps with the whole first burnt taste saga that i hate. Then i pushed the Pusher button 2 times....and then i tried it out. It took a second, and i was puffing very small puffs to get that atty good and fired up. ( maybe that's what Clyde means ... < scratches head> ).

Well...i was vaping clouds with the 801, very nice vapor...i noticed a reduction in flavor a bit.....so yesterday i traded out the peppermint with some of the Rath Waffle Juice...it's mostly vg and i wanted to see how it goes. For some reason, I feel these juice fed devices need a stronger juice...Is it just me ? < shrugs>

Since last night...ive been using the 901 with the adapter on the Reo. The vapor is nice...almost as huge as the 801...but the flavor is where it's at. I think the 901 atty has the best flavor..and i've noticed this on several devices I've owned. I know most people like the 510 the best...and i do like the 510...but the 901 has a bit of more boost in the flavor department in my opinion.

Ok...today i've had to add another spacer for the battery to fit. This is my only complaint so far. I'm up to 3 little spacer thingys....actually im using dimes..hahah...i have 3 dimes underneath my battery. with a piece of aluminum foil over top. I figure the weight of the 18650 battery is going to factor into the spring issue. Honestly....this isnt too big of a problem for me...i don't mind using something to flush it in. At the most it looks like 5 dimes with a small amount of aluminum foil overtop of that would be the most that would ever be needed. Hey...50 cents might come in useful one day. So...I don't consider this too much of an issue.

I'm gonna drag Reo in here to read this, so maybe he can address this later on. Currently his status is " unregistered supplier"....so im not sure he can post....but, he will later on if not now.

OK.....how this thing is working .....

When you hit " The pusher" as I've named it, it pushes into the juice filled bottle inside.. It then distributes a small amount of eliquid up thru the bottom of the atomizer. I usually push it twice to get the juice activated into the atty. Seems to work good.

Most of these juice fed devices use a tube that goes to a cart on top of the atomizer. This doesnt. This feeds straight thru to the bottom of the atty.....I didnt even know this could be done....But....It's working like a charm !

I flooded it once with the 801 but since then..it hasnt flooded at all. I get about 4 to 6 hits off of it, before i push the pusher again....then it's good to go for another 4 or so hits.

When i did flood it...i took out the 801 atty, cleaned it off and then took a small piece of paper towel and cleaned out the large brass fitting on top of the box. This fixed the whole thing. Then after reattaching the 801, i just basically slow hit it until it was vaping like it should. Then proceeded on with my method of hitting the pusher every 3 to 6 drags of liquid. I have occasionally gotten that taste where you know you need more juice....so i just hit the pusher once or twice and then slow draw for a few draws, then it's back to normal again.

This Reo is working so well with the 901...i doubt the 510 could top it honestly.

I wonder about those LR attys...and i might have a go with one of them later. I have a couple somewhere....that i was saving....so i will definately try that out later.

My reo box doesnt have an on/off switch, and i do think he is going to offer that in the newer boxes.

So far.....all i can say is.....This is Wicked Sick. Totally in love with the Reo.

To be continued ........

Last edited:

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Addition :

Redeyedancer isnt pleased with how the spring is working with the battery connection. The dimes gotta go !..so, he is sending me a improved version that will eleviate this problem.

I was wondering if maybe there was a way to clamp the battery into the box with some sort of clamp...that might solve the whole problem with the battery being so heavy on the spring.

To be continued.....with an updated version :)

Last edited:

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
This may only apply to my original oak boxes (emmin effin bastids stole my cherry off the porch while I was in the hospital with Dad) but if the 801 floods a little bit, you push the switch and blow into the atty for a second for great vape afterward. (Thanks, Redeyedancer for the tip.)

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Part 3....Day 5 " The Reo "

Received my updated version of the Reo today...And it has a few updates that I need to share.

It now has a standard on/off switch, which i think is a must in most of these mod's today.

It also has a new type of tubing from the bottle cap into the atty compartment. ( I can't tell the difference in anything there, but Redeyedancer thinks this tubing is much better and will outlast the unit itself )

There is a small magnet near the top of the box inside, to help hold the lid on perfect in case of the wood "settling" im guessing.

Going to add a few pictures here of the updated versions that RedEyeDancer has been working on. I have to say...these things are absolutely stunning...but judge for yourself :

REO2.jpg

Arent they all pretty lined up in a row ?

Now...this picture shows the true beauty from both sides :

Reo3.jpg

I think what makes these so beautiful is the contrast between the light and darker wood. And no two are exactly alike, each have different wood grain patterns, and that makes them individually unique .. These are cherry boxes with maple doors... Absolutely Gorgeous !!

This is a picture of the top of a few of the boxes....

REO5.jpg

I love this top view....it really show's just how lovely these mod's are.

Ok...now i want to post an inside picture of the updated version...

REO4.jpg

Here you can see the detail of the work put into these mod's.

Starting from the bottom. See the upside down T looking metal piece ? Thats actually the on/off switch. Turn on when using it to vape...Turn off when you set it aside, that way no possible way of the battery activating or atty malfunctioning.

Then you can see where the Battery sits comfortably inside on the right.. and the Bottle attachment on the left. He has fixed the battery fitting problem...it fits beautifully and there is no slack :) yay !

Right below the top of the box....see the little magnet addition in the middle ? I also wanted to point out that he even cuts a small groove in the side where the battery sits, for the wire to sit...it's almost flush with the box...Very Clean.

Also, you can see the different grain strands in the wood....I love that..because No TWO are Alike.....I love that My Reo is Unique and different than anyone else's :)

Also, with most of these mod's there's just so much going on inside of them...wire's every dang where, thingymagigs here....I'm always afraid of touching something I'm not suppost to be touching, shorting out something....

These are Clean inside.....no welding / soldering crap around everything...no puddy or whatever that stuff is stuck in corners everywhere.. No Glue gunk everywhere you look..No 14 wires hanging around to be accidentally grabbed or tweeked or broken. That's a significant plus about this box... I love that I dont have to worry about touching this or accidentally moving that. Know what I mean ?

Simple. Clean ..and Elegant.

To be continued with updates on the vaping production later today ......

Last edited:

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Part 4...Day 5 continued....

Ok...i've had the Reo with me all day, running errands, went to visit my cousin who is in ICU at the hospital ( doing better, Thank The Lord) and to visit my son for awhile.

I've had it mostly on the 810 atty again....Man..the vapor is just amazing with the 810. I think the flavor is stronger, maybe the new tubing that RedEyeDancer put in this updated version ? I put my regular vape in it this morning, my beloved peppermint with sweetener....and it's been hitting strong all day long.

I did try the 510 on it at one point, and it gives out alot of vapor but it definately isnt my favorite atomizer. So..i switched back to the 801.

It's on the same battery as this morning, without seeming to drop off at all. The flavor is intense, choked me a few times even. Huge clouds of vapor all day long..

I am totally loving the Reo..

I want to try and post Reo's video over here, if I can snatch it up somehow and include it in this thread. I also at some point want to try and capture the vapor that this device produces.

So far this is my findings :

Pro's :

1) Beautiful Piece of Work, inside and out

2) Easy to operate...

3) Flooding problems are not an issue

4) The insides are clean, not alot of things to screw up, no glue gobs, no wires everywhere, no putty or epoxy crap anywhere !

5) Love the clean look of this mod

6) Awesome Vapor

7) Awesome Flavor as well

8 ) You can use 801 / 901 or 510 attys

9) the 18650 battery ! Yay...love this battery

10) No carrying around juice, papertowel, extra batteries

11) There is NO leakage whatsoever

12) This device is classy, it Looks Expensive ! It's definately the mercedes benz of devices...It looks so elegant and is just downright beautiful.

13) The Pusher ( as ive named it ) is easy to push and it gets the juice straight to the atomizer.

14) Absolutely no maintenence that i can see

15) Love the new on/off switch feature

16) Love the activation button, it's big and easy to push, not like the smaller buttons on so many that actually hurt your finger to push.

17) It's wood and I adore wood

18) The juice is easy to exchange out and you don't have to worry about pulling out the tubing..it's strong !

19) 6ml juice bottle that will last a long time vaping.

20) I love the fact that redeyedancer wants it to be absolutely perfect before it goes up for sale. He is constantly improving it so there is no option for any type of complaint.

21) I think it's finished...I cant find anything wrong with it.
22) Each Reo is unique..no two are alike

Con's

well...these are few

1) It's a little big...but i like big...so it's not actually a con for me....I like the feel of a bigger vaping machine.

2) I occasionally hit the Pusher button instead of the activation button on the side...lol

3) I cant think of anything else.

So far...it's fantastic.....

To be continued....As i want to vape on this exclusively for a few weeks...I will keep reporting my findings in this thread.

I also want to take some pictures of the vapor this thing produces...It's really startling how much vapor this beauty can put out.

To be continued........

Last edited:

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
These mod's will be going up for sale in the near future, as soon as his website is finished and his supplier status is updated...will post the link here and there.

Also...this is the first model that will be up for sale.

There may be a few other's in the works.

Hope you have enjoyed my review thus far.

To be continued.....

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Day 6 - " The Reo "

The Reo performed excellent all night long while i was working. It was a slow night so I wasnt so busy and I seemed to vape more than usual.

I cannot let go of the 801 cartomizer on this beauty. I have a LR 510 stuck back somewhere that I've been meaning to try out..but so far, havent tried it.

Maybe i will do that over the weekend.

My co-worker last night was commenting on just how lovely the wood work on this box mod was. She said she wanted one just to look at even tho she's never smoked in her life. She cracks me up sometimes.

I had to show her all the componants and how everything worked. She was fascinated that the little bottle of juice would just pump up into the atomizer by just pushing the pusher thingy. It was sort of interesting to get feed back on someone who has never smoked.

Anyways...just wanted to update this thread.. The Reo is still going strong...battery function is awesome, one battery lasts me all day, so recharging when i go to bed is a huge plus. I hate carrying around extra batteries....even tho im a bit paranoid, i usually carry an extra with me.

Ever been somewhere and your battery died ? Man...that's a terrible feeling...Just Knowing that you dont have an extra almost puts me in panic mode.

So i usually always carry an extra battery, at least one extra flavor of juice and usually cartomizers when i use the other devices that i vape with.

Well, this Reo certainly eleviates the problem with cartomizers and extra juice....but an extra atty would be essential in case of the terrible atty dying saga.

Happy Vaping Everyone. I will keep this thread updated as the days go by...but so far...i have no more complaints. This doll is vaping like no tomorrow....still going strong....and i don't forsee any problems with it at all.

To be continued....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread