The Return of Boba's Bounty and Gorilla Juice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I too was totally a huge fan, 1000's of ml of this stuff Can't wait for mine to come in this week. Almost afraid of it, Because I make my own now, and spending the price of a mod on a bottle of juice will kill the budget.
Make your own Boba's or just DIY in general?

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
It was AVE that made Raf. You might be thinking of eJoker.

You are exactly right. shoulda known. didn't care for joker. what was the juice BWB stopped making. ah, their RY4 was what I missed. But I shall count my blessings that BB and GG are back on the menu.

eJoker was an interesting one I'd nearly forgotten all about. It tended to sellout quickly, so you had to be quick to order when it was back in stock. It was not a bad (at all) tobacco-like flavor with multiple nuances, including something somewhat menthol-like, which in itself really wasn't my thing. It made for a nice change once and awhile though, back in the day.

I also rather liked something called Rocking Chair Blend, or some such name, from I can't recall who. It was a smooth, relaxing green tea tobacco blend that was really pretty darn nice. It tasted just like it sounds (though I normally dislike most green tea flavored e-liquids), and it was one of my favorites back in the day. But then I developed an allergy to juices with too much PG in them, and had to stop using that (and many other flavors, such as Halo's stuff, etc.) entirely. That's how I ended up trying Boba's Bounty, along with some clear high VG juice that only used 4 ingredients, but which I rather liked a lot - especially the Rich Tobacco flavor version (which I believe was a Dr. Vapenstein It's Alive Award winner - way, way back in the day).

I forget the brand name seller of that, rather thick, clear stuff, which was apparently from England, but they also operated in the states. Eventually the U.S. side of that operation got bought out (or sold off, whatever) - except for the formula to the juice itself (which seems like a rather lame business decision, on the buyer's part). The replacement U.S. formula was never as good as the original (of course), and the only way to get the original formula was from overseas, at a greatly inflated price. That simply wasn't worth the bother at the time - especially since there was Boba's Bounty to be had instead, while it was available, but then it too disappeared.

But here now Boba's Bounty is back after what seems like a several year absence. It's almost enough to make me believe in miracles. I received mine just a day or two ago. I'm trying to wait and let it steep. The smell, for a fresh bottle, seems about right as best I can recall. I've tried a little bit. It tastes like it should before it's had enough time to steep. Which means it is a little heavy on that maple sweet flavor note, with the tobacco being a little sharp, and not all the deep or nuanced, yet. But that is exactly how Boba's Bounty was back in the day.

It is a perfectly decent vape right now, fresh out of the bottle, but not a brilliant flavor yet - which is why many were never originally impressed with it when they first tried it. Like the original, after a bit of steeping, a week or two at minimum, it should really start to shine. The flavor difference should be significant. We'll see. I think it's too soon for any of us to know for sure yet. This newer version definitely is a bit lighter, and seems a bit thinner, but I am actually glad for that - as long as the final flavor is like the original.

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
That's what I talking about, at those prices I almost was gonna hold out for a sale, I know they used to do a few year that were worth it, 10-20% off and the very occasional 30% It would be nice to see it at least every other month so we can stock up. BTW still have not got my first one yet, it decided to take a little vacation through the states as it some times does. Still waiting not ave's fault though. 5 days so far...

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
That's what I talking about, at those prices I almost was gonna hold out for a sale, I know they used to do a few year that were worth it, 10-20% off and the very occasional 30% It would be nice to see it at least every other month so we can stock up. BTW still have not got my first one yet, it decided to take a little vacation through the states as it some times does. Still waiting not ave's fault though. 5 days so far...

I am a bit relieved and concerned at the same time that it wasn't just my juice that decided to tour the country. I live in the SF Bay Area and my juice decided to go from Lancaster to Wichita, KS (Superman's home state) for some reason. wheresmyjuice.jpg

Perhaps USPS knew that my juice needed steeping.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Clark Kent

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
One thing is for sure, it is the great taste I remember, but also the dreaded coil gunking, every 7-8 ml I find myself changing the cotton and dry burning, I am doing it with a S.S. 316 spaced .45 ohm single coil in temp control 35 watts at 440 with the serpent alto. I am trying to make it last at least until they have a sale. all my adv diy has been getting shelved steep time.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Just received my New Boba's, and it's pretty damn fantastic!:thumbs:

I thawed out my stash of 2014 Boba's for comparison, and I can't tell much of a difference. (can't wait for some steep time)

One of my problems is that I'm so used to Flavor39, now Boba's seems almost sickeningly rich!! (new and old Boba's) My other problem is that Flavor39 just isn't going to cut it any longer, so what am I going to do with the liters of the stuff I have in my freezer??

Pretty obvious solution here: mixed them together and my pallet is perfectly happy...for now (I've vaped so much in the last couple of hours, there's no telling what I'll think about all of this tomorrow):facepalm:

Great job on recreating the best Juice there ever was!!

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Look what I dug up in the archives:

Hi Everyone!

Black Friday is coming up and even though we don't have our most popular e- liquids at this time, we are still going to have a Black Friday sale. The sale will be for 30% off and will start on November 25, 2015 @12:00 AM PST and will end on December 1, 2015 @11:59 PM PST.

If we are unable to get Boba's Bounty, Gorilla Juice and Gryphon's Breath back up and running in time for the Black Friday sale, we will be holding a sale for them once they are back up and running. We hope Everyone has a safe and Happy Weekend! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!

Ben is going to hate me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread