The Reuleaux by JayBo Designs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
With all of the other DNA200 mod threads & the DNA200 thread up and running, I'd like to get some chat started on the new triple series 18650 reuleaux by jaybo Designs & Wismec. It looks like it could be one of the better dna mods because it runs on 18650's and the design & form factor are quite ergonomical and small. It's smaller than most dual 18650 mods. Just thought this is something to keep an eye on..

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I really like the overall design -- seems to be the most compact and hand-friendly design to date for a 3 cell 18650 DNA200 mod. Looking forward to more details on pricing.

On the downside, is it going to be legal to use outside of Utah since 3 batteries need to be married? :)

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I really want this I just hope the price doesn't go over 200$. I was thinking of getting the DNA 133 boxer but that 250 price tag is killing me.

I think the price is going to be decent since Wismec is involved. That's a total guess, but so far, Wismec products have been competitively priced (and well-made -- I have a couple of their tanks and really like them).

I'll bet they'll try to hit the same price point as other Chinese vendors -- the $150 to $170 range.

Reactions: RawBobbi

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Well, even if it comes in at $150-$170, there's the added cost of three Mormon batteries to consider (or six if you really want to take advantage of having 18650s).

And a bit off-topic, does anyone else wish Evolv had mounted the USB connector the other way around, so the "face" made by the buttons and port was smiling instead of sad? :)

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Well, even if it comes in at $150-$170, there's the added cost of three Mormon batteries to consider (or six if you really want to take advantage of having 18650s).

And a bit off-topic, does anyone else wish Evolv had mounted the USB connector the other way around, so the "face" made by the buttons and port was smiling instead of sad? :)
Meh batteries are cheap these days. 3x vtc4's are like $18. I wish Evolv had NOT mounted a USB, and rather had it wired and free from the board so manufacturers could put it where they wanted to. Atleast it doesn't have a velocity face haha. More pics via Wismec's Instagram
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

And the box is out already...this may be coming sooner rather than later!
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Very nice! I would love them to have a 2 x 18650 version as well so that it could be a little more compact. Having said that, I will be all over this when it is released!
It looks pretty compact to me. It's definitely not in the "mini" mod category, but the triangular shape to fit the Morman 18650's most certainly reduced the size compared to something like a sigelei 150/150tc or a snow wolf 200. The with is widest right behind the chip/510 and even there it looks to be thinner than most dual 18650 boxes. The measurements are:
Height: 83.8mm
Width: (at widest) 39.2mm
Length: 50.2mm
In the picture with the Noisy Cricket & the Presa 40w, it looks really compact, as the Noisy Cricket is a SMPL mod style series box with a direct to battery connection. It's just a bit taller than an SMPL mod.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
I really like the looks of this as well.

Just as a reference, the Boxer 133 which is beyond small for a dual 18650 mod is 3.17 x 1.63 x 1.54 inches. This mod is 3.30 x 1.54 x 1.98 inches which really is not that much bigger.
I'm not too concerned about the size. As long as it's not as big as something like a Hammond box, I'm good. My highest wattage mod is an old sigelei 100w and the size doesn't bother me at all. I never knew a Boxer mod was smaller though. They look so bulky in pictures.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
I'm not too concerned about the size. As long as it's not as big as something like a Hammond box, I'm good. My highest wattage mod is an old sigelei 100w and the size doesn't bother me at all. I never knew a Boxer mod was smaller though. They look so bulky in pictures.

That's because they ARE bulky. Don't let the relatively short height fool you, it's the thickness of them that's the problem, from my experience. Using a Boxer to me is like vaping with a door knob. :) And the Rolo is an even thicker door knob. Just too thick for me (same applies to any of the boxier dual 18650's out there, like the IPV line, or the Sigeleis, etc, just too damned big to use comfortably for me).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread