The Ruinovo DNA30

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurie9300

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
Sydney Australia
Presenting my first home made box! Authentic DNA30, 2 x 18650, micro USB Charging, Spring loaded 510.

First of all I have to thank all the Modders who came before me, without them sharing what they have learned this would not have been possible.

Special thanks to all the AVF Modders whose posts have been a continuing source of motivation and inspiration.

Extra Special thanks to mamu and bapgood here at ECF. Their How-Tos and Tutorials have made this build a lot easier than it might have been!

Here's a mamu style How-To for those that are interested....

Ruinovo DNA30 How-To Guide - DOWNLOAD - 4shared

Ruinovo DNA30 How-To Guide - DOWNLOAD - DocDroid (this one should work with no login)

Please feel free to comment, criticize, question, ask for more detail or anything in between....................

I hope you like..............................

Last edited:

laurie9300

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
Sydney Australia
Well done, laurie!

I know how time consuming doing a tutorial is - thanks so much for taking the time and sharing with us. Absolutely awesome write-up!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post mamu! You are the one who deserves 90% of the credit for this mod. I do hope you realise how much the modding community owes you. Thank YOU for everything you have contributed!

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
I might try it. I've been looking at enclosures similar to the one you used. I've already got a dna30 and I'm really interested in building an sx350 system next.

Heres an ideal enclosure; well I like it, the windows a bit bigger becuase made for dna but nothing tinting could not cover and still look awesome.either way.
New SX350 Chip from China

You have to log in to view it, its an attachment.
Reply#78

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Outstanding job. I ordered one of these to do a build, which I still never got around to doing. When I ordered it months ago, I didn't think through.... and without clam shell style open access I just figured I've now got a pretty power bank ;)

I had envisioned the layout slightly different, but it looks amazing. I'm super impressed, and I know how hard it was.....guys, its tiny in this enclosure. I'm a big guy and its hard to manipulate my fingers in there.....

WELL DONE

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I do have a couple questions.... how long are the parallel vtc5's lasting? can you compare to a single battery tube mod? I seem to go through a minimum of 2 batteries (vtc5s) a day, sometimes more depending on work schedule, environment, etc (ie: how often I can vape if allowed where I am...) Ive heard running batteries in parallel improves longevity, being lipos or imr (or 18650). plus it halfs the resistance... I can't help but wonder if a 2 vtc5 parallel array would last me through the day? I hate not being able to quickly swap fresh batteries :(

You used the original usb charger, I can't remember but I think it was rated at 1amp? so I'm guessing <2 hours to fully recharge?

You are not using the output usb ports right? so its strictly pv, not a power bank anymore.

Last, you think it would be possible to use the built in switch as the fire switch? If someone rebuilds this, and assuming the usb output is no longer being used, couldnt you tap in to the switch on the top board and use it to fire the mod? or might that risk damage to the dna30?

laurie9300

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
Sydney Australia
Firstly, thanks again for the great comments.

Now......

1. Battery life is hard to compare, I have not used a mech in a long time now, but 2 x 18650s should last anyone a full day. For me it lasts about twice as long as a single in a similar device.

2. Yes it's a 1A charge board but I have only charged it overnight so I'm not sure of the charge time

3. No charge outputs, PV only

4. Using the built in switch would present a few challenges. Firstly, as you said, you would have to isolate it from the board. Secondly, you would have to find another way to pass the wires from the charge board to the DNA, and the wires for the switch as well.

5. Using the switch would not damage the DNA, providing it was isolated from the charge board.

Having said all that, I am reluctant to say it is not possible, you just have to be inventive. I never considered using the original switch as it would end up being on the bottom, and I did not want to fire with my pinky!

Thanks for your interesting questions, I hope I have helped......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread