"The Russian" 91% (Kayfun Lite Clone With A Twist)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbliffert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2014
Ocean Springs, MS
Cool thanks. I'll check it out. Flavor break in on the balls I'm using usually last a full day +/- It sucks during that time.

I use the organic cotton balls from CVS and notice very little break-in time. I would say about 15-20 minutes. At .2ohm on my Zenith it is more pronounced, but only for the first 4-5 toots.

Where you store your cotton has a HUGE affect on the taste it can pick up. It will absorb the odors of anything around it.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I use the organic cotton balls from CVS and notice very little break-in time. I would say about 15-20 minutes. At .2ohm on my Zenith it is more pronounced, but only for the first 4-5 toots.

Where you store your cotton has a HUGE affect on the taste it can pick up. It will absorb the odors of anything around it.

hmmm. I keep the bag zipped in a clean area but once one's unrolled it gets picked at for a week or so.
It just sits on my workspace unprotected. D'OH! I'll start keeping the scraps in a ziplock.

mbliffert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2014
Ocean Springs, MS
The bags cotton balls come in usually have holes in them, a few at least. Not sure why this is necessary, but its bad news if you keep your cotton in a cabinet with like lotion or cologne, etc.

I store my cotton on its own shelf in a cabinet dedicated to ejuice.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

mbliffert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2014
Ocean Springs, MS
The bags cotton balls come in usually have holes in them, a few at least. Not sure why this is necessary, but its bad news if you keep your cotton in a cabinet with like lotion or cologne, etc.

I store my cotton in a ziplock bag on its own shelf in a cabinet dedicated to ejuice.

CaliVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Outer Space
Does anyone know if the kayfun (full size I think) insulators will fit in a Russian 91%? I was cleaning mine out today and dropped the bottom/base insulator down the drain. Both the insulators were already sort of beat up anyways, and I need replacements. I found a 5 pack at Kidneypuncher. From the description, it seems that they are for the full size not the lite, and I asked them via their customer service chat feature, the guy told me that they were 2mm too long for the R91%. I figure it would be easy enough to chop off 2mm, but if they're to big diameter wise, they certainly wouldn't work. I'm assuming they'll work since the KF vs KFL or R vs R91% are only taller, not wider. But just wondering if anyone else has ordered these from Kidneypuncher for use in a R91%?

I've seen these for sale at a couple places, though not many, and nowhere as cheap. Other places I've seen them they are usually $5 for 1, where as these are $5 for a 5 pack. Anybody know any place that sells the authentic kebo insulators in a 5 pack?

alwayskashed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2012
wv
Maybe this would be a more approriate place to maybe try and get this question answered. Friday I received my order from fasttech for a russian clone. The sku for it is 1552300. The problem seems to be that on the center pin there is only one screw instead of two and when you try and tighten up the block It will go in to far to make a connection with my mvp or lavatube. I found an image on fasttech of what the center pin looks like If anyone could help it would be appreciated. h**p://s30.postimg.org/6jh58gib5/imagenew.jpg

PONKAW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2011
Panama city
The problem seems to be that on the center pin there is only one screw instead of two and when you try and tighten up the block It will go in to far to make a connection with my mvp or lavatube.

Unfortunatly you may need to see if adapter will help you something like this --> 510 to [510] Adapter/Extender

That is my least favorite model and ironically it's one of the most expensive at FT. I didn't like the design and I think the air hole is too small and causes it to whistle. I drilled the air hole which helped a little ... I still gave it away to my son who is a little more tolerant of his devices.

alwayskashed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2012
wv
Unfortunatly you may need to see if adapter will help you something like this --> 510 to [510] Adapter/Extender

That is my least favorite model and ironically it's one of the most expensive at FT. I didn't like the design and I think the air hole is too small and causes it to whistle. I drilled the air hole which helped a little ... I still gave it away to my son who is a little more tolerant of his devices.

Im just glad someone realized what I was talking about since it only has the one screw instead of the two for the center post.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
The original clear M-tank for my R91 (authentic) would not tighten without the threads stripping, so I got 2 of these and they're both doing the same thing: when you tighten (screw it in) it the threads strip and do not hold.

Where can I get a good replacement tank for the R91? Never had this problem with my Kayfun Lites.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
The original clear M-tank for my R91 (authentic) would not tighten without the threads stripping, so I got 2 of these and they're both doing the same thing: when you tighten (screw it in) it the threads strip and do not hold.

Where can I get a good replacement tank for the R91? Never had this problem with my Kayfun Lites.

I have a transparent one coming from - Kayfun 3.1 and Lite Large Clear Tank by Kir Fanis - Gr-Modders

All my Kir Fanis gear is perfect and I'm sure this will be too.

oopsy - just noticed you're looking for a middle-section-between-rings m-tank.
I never have a problem with mine but then again I never unscrew it.
I leave the 3 parts together on my R91.
I never had trouble with using nanos with my KFL though.

Last edited:

folkphys

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
Is it possible that the threads of the two metal sections are chewing up your plastic's threads? Perhaps a good once-around with a fine wire brush might better your chances at saving your next clear tube.

And/or try: repeatedly screwing in and out the metal center section in order to smooth out the threading on the other sections.

Last edited:

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I just checked again, and unfortunately it appears that the metal threads may be the issue on one of the two metal tank sections. The plastic m-tank will screw tight and secure on to either end of one of the tubes but neither end of the other. I don't think I did anything to damage the threads on that one metal tube. I'm super careful about threading, and the metal m-tank (which nobody wants to use) fits securely.

So now I don't know if I need to buy new m-tank or a replacement metal tube!

Honestly, in hindsight, I wish I'd purchased a 3rd KFL+ instead of this R91. In addition to this threading issue, I've had to replace the center pin due to weeping. I've never had any issues whatsoever with my 2 authentic Kayfun Lite pluses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread