Status
Not open for further replies.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
I nothing bad to say about KFL, I use mine all the time and much easier then trying to drip and drive.

They work great on mechs with low ohms and higher in dna's.

Fairly easy to rebuild and flavor is great with some Japan cotton.

The solution to Drippin n Drivin with consistent flavor hit after hit . . .

2f0f2abff2d7e51967dd2a9d4c5366ed.jpg

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Russians are great - I prefer them to gennies or other vacuum RTA's.

Depending on how you drip and what you expect out of your vape, it might be a very different experience. They're not stellar at direct lung hits - tend to be a more mellow draw. There's also some additional maintenance given the "sealed" coil/wick and surrounding tank. Rewicking is more complicated, especially compared to a dripper.

They very good for taking out of the house, with (relatively) little leaking and enough juice to last most folks all day.

fat1

Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
Shinnston, WV
You could also try a clone to see if an RTA will work for you or if you want to deal with one at all. The only drawback to that is if you start to experience problems you will doubt the quality of the clone which makes troubleshooting more tedious. I'm not sure what the rules are regarding clones here but I have had success with EHPRO stuff. I ended up purchasing the real thing once I learned how to successfully build and, more importantly, rebuild/duplicate the configuration.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana

joesquid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Chesapeake, Va
Hokay, so I'm thinking about taking the plunge into RTA's, I'm fairly experienced with using drippers - so coils aren't a problem - just wanna make sure I'm getting a solid piece of equipment.

So, horror stories, or pleasurable experiences?

I'll likely be building on a VTR for the time being, if that is important.

If you're going to get a Kayfun clone like the russian, I'd just save my money and get an Ehpro KFL+ V2 from Fluid Vapes. $30 and you good to go.

CptJYossarian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2014
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
If you're going to get a Kayfun clone like the russian, I'd just save my money and get an Ehpro KFL+ V2 from Fluid Vapes. $30 and you good to go.

Caution with this: The Russians and 3.1 Kayfuns have much more open airflow, which I personally prefer a lot (being a determined dripper, that is). The KFL+V2 is somewhat tighter. They're both great devices, just suit different people.

That being said, this type of device is tried and tested and works damn well. I'd say grab a clone as has been recommended and see if you dig it. Also if you're not liking it too much, you can mod it!

Equilibrium

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Georgia
If yr using RDAs stick with RDAs since the Russian will never be as good as them.

I wouldn't say "never be as good as" because it's all personal taste and opinion. I have a a handful of RDA's and I prefer my kayfun lite + RTA's hands down over them. But if you're coming from using mainly RDA's all the time you may find the KF too tight and cool. You may want to look at "the big dripper". It's a dripper with a tank over the coil(s). You push down on the drip tip and it squirts juice on the wick just like dripping. I believe it holds 5 mils so it will last awhile between refills. Or you can look at a Reo.

Mada

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
Egypt
Hokay, so I'm thinking about taking the plunge into RTA's, I'm fairly experienced with using drippers - so coils aren't a problem - just wanna make sure I'm getting a solid piece of equipment.

So, horror stories, or pleasurable experiences?

I'll likely be building on a VTR for the time being, if that is important.
I have 2 KFL+ and 2 Russian 91% V2. Go for the Kayfun, much better build quality, no single issue, it is made in Germany. The R91% , without going into details , much lower build quality, at least 2 to three issues that you need some tweaks to fix, made in China !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread