The search for flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tara81

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
canada
For 5 years I have been vaping off and on. I kept quitting because the flavor would taste so dull with MTL vaping. I tried DTL , but I was using crappy tanks without realizing it, and the inhale tasted chemical and put me off of DTL. I don't have many vape friends and I live in a small town with no vape shop. Recently I got into DIY ejuice, and found out the flavor was a little better. But it still wasn't enough. So i tried rebuilding. I bought some berserker mini's , sxk prime styled, sxk doggystyle. I tried single coils. Not enough flavor. I tried clapton coils. Not enough flavor. The flavor was better then my nautlis mini.. but it still wasn't enough. I spoke with a friend, an amazing DIY guy nicknamed Shyndo I met from youtube and he mentioned that DTL vaping has more flavor then MTL vaping. So i got an RDA for DTL. Then I heard about mesh coils and got a falcon sub ohm tank. Oh my god, the search is over. I can finally taste the juice. It actually tastes realistic, like I am eating a sweet strawberry dipped in sugar. I rather do enjoy MTL vaping style over DTL vaping style, as I would love to taste the flavor better on the inhale, but I think i have very dull tastebuds. Even my hadeon RDA at 0.3 ohms with a fused clapton coil doesn't compare to this flavor. I hope someday mesh coils will become a thing for mtl vapers too. God I love mesh coils. Anyone know of any RTA's that can compare with the flavor from a falcon m1 mesh coil please let me know !

Last edited:

tara81

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
canada
I have the fireluke mesh and the mesh pro. The single mesh coil gives great flavor but the double and triple have intense flavor. If flavor is what you are after they may be worth a try.

Your saying the triple mesh fireluke tank has better flavor then the RDA mesh pro, in your opinion ? I think i will try that fireluke tank next !! :D

Reactions: stols001

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
Your saying the triple mesh fireluke tank has better flavor then the RDA mesh pro, in your opinion ? I think i will try that fireluke tank next !! :D
I do not have the rda mesh pro, so I can't compare. I use drop in coils only. What I can say is that in my 5 years of vaping I've never had flavor like the mesh coils give.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I"m an old Kayfun V2 fan, although I own most of the "gotta have" flavor RTA's that people rave over. I still keep coming back to the Kayfun.

For me, flavor is enhanced when I exhale through the nose. I get the taste buds on the inhale AND the aroma sensing of exhaling through the nose when I do that.

Everyone has their favorite atomizers. Other than my Kayfun's I like the Vandy Vape Beserker 24mm/4.5ml. The Siren 2 - 24mm MTL atty is good.

If you want DTL and flavor in a small 24mm tank, try the Innokin Ares. PBusardo has video reviews on YouTube. He and Dimitri were in on the design, testing, and manufacture of the Ares.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I"m an old Kayfun V2 fan, although I own most of the "gotta have" flavor RTA's that people rave over. I still keep coming back to the Kayfun.

For me, flavor is enhanced when I exhale through the nose. I get the taste buds on the inhale AND the aroma sensing of exhaling through the nose when I do that.

Everyone has their favorite atomizers. Other than my Kayfun's I like the Vandy Vape Beserker 24mm/4.5ml. The Siren 2 - 24mm MTL atty is good.

If you want DTL and flavor in a small 24mm tank, try the Innokin Ares. PBusardo has video reviews on YouTube. He and Dimitri were in on the design, testing, and manufacture of the Ares.
Me and you are on the same page there Dave! They're about the best MTL tank vape you can get!

image1.jpeg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm glad you found your flavor nirvana and I don't like, know quite how it will go. I may or may not like it.

I will say, maybe just enjoy your nirvana a bit before running out and buying every mesh tank on the market, because well, um, not all tanks are alike. Try one at a time, would be my recommendation.

Anna

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
A few things with flavor. One us if you've been alternating between smoking and vaping, your taste buds may need a little time to get back to full tasting potential. Second some juices just plain taste better with a specific tank and/or build. That takes some experimenting. It helps to keep a little written record of what juice in what tank with what coil tasted like for future reference. Finally, some juices sound great, have rave reviews, but just plain suck when you vape it. It's not a fault of the gear or the juice. Taste is so subjective.

If you're looking down the RTA path, put an Intake on your list of consideration. Single coil, top air but true bottom air to the coil, slightly restricted DL or dial it down as you prefer, and surprisingly good taste. I'm vaping one right now and have another arriving on Monday if USPS doesn't screw up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread