The Smok Tank Series Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Skokie
I haven't posted in awhile. I felt this needed to be brought up to attention with the smok tank series. I noticed tanks that become obsolete in sales will now be replaced quite quickly in local shops and now even online. It's a major inconvenience to me and to others as well. The series of tanks I noticed that raised quite a few eyebrows are the TFV8. In fact... while in the shop people were calling in while I was talking to the fellow guy at vape city in skokie "You folks have any more tfv8 coils", customer asks... Vendor: "Sorry man, all out. We will no longer be selling the coils anymore. But we will have the newest TF coming in soon".

Then it hit me... The TFV8 wasn't out that long. Now I feel forced to buy a new tank because of coil shortage? I've never seen such a phenomenon. Not only that, but also a feeling of dread similar feeling needing to upgrade to a new phone when instead would be satisfied with what I got. How did this turn into a trend of the norm?

Even more so, the single coil for the tfv8 can't be found anywhere. The coil lasted more than the other double, quad, and other coils I've tried for this thing. I'm going to have to look for something else and ditch the tfv8.

Last edited:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My solution to the problem of finding coils for my toppers. I rebuild instead of replacing. I have rebuilt my evod/protank type coils for several years. Now I also rebuild my gs-air coils. This makes the stores trying to force you into replacing your whole topper when they stop selling the coils for the one you already have, irrelevant.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
I haven't posted in awhile. I felt this needed to be brought up to attention with the smok tank series. I noticed tanks that become obsolete in sales will now be replaced quite quickly in local shops and now even online. It's a major inconvenience to me and to others as well. The series of tanks I noticed that raised quite a few eyebrows are the TFV8. In fact... while in the shop people were calling in while I was talking to the fellow guy at vape city in skokie "You folks have any more tfv8 coils", customer asks... Vendor: "Sorry man, all out. We will no longer be selling the coils anymore. But we will have the newest TF coming in soon".

Then it hit me... The TFV8 wasn't out that long. Now I feel forced to buy a new tank because of coil shortage? I've never seen such a phenomenon. Not only that, but also a feeling of dread similar feeling needing to upgrade to a new phone when instead would be satisfied with what I got. How did this turn into a trend of the norm?

Even more so, the single coil for the tfv8 can't be found anywhere. The coil lasted more than the other double, quad, and other coils I've tried for this thing. I'm going to have to look for something else and ditch the tfv8.
965abc4d6b97da878a672fc3727339c8.jpg
When you say single coil I'm a bit confused..Even my local shop has the TFV8 T8 coils in stock (8 coils in one head)..I also see Element Vape and SweetVapes has them online..
Running these TFV8 tanks with the T8 coil is my prefered vape at the moment..
dea25b44cea69949fceafc30ffe27caa.jpg
But like mentioned above, I have my favorite RTA's I build myself too..like the RTA-2 shown here with a dual clapton build.. If coils for the TFV8 get discontinued I wont be buying another Smok tank..That clapton build produces good clouds and superb flavor wicked with Cotton Bacon... Actually better flavor than the TFV8 with any coil...only clouds are not quite as big, (almost though).. just my 2¢ ... :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
Looking at the above posts, do you really think Smok is going to pull the rug out from under?.

I put no truck in what i hear in a B/M..
No I don't think so personally, it would be a bad move for Smok to discontinue coils...
They sold many CB tanks, the coils are expensive so l'm sure they're making money on replacement coils..and also if they became scarce they will be clones out there in short order.. just my opinion, lol

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
No I don't think so personally, it would be a bad move for Smok to discontinue coils...
They sold many CB tanks, the coils are expensive so l'm sure they're making money on replacement coils..and also if they became scarce they will be clones out there in short order.. just my opinion, lol

Didn't even think of the clones, Good Call..

Reactions: smacksy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread