The Smoktech DCT Pro Coil bottom-coil "cartomizer"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Well, I got a hold of one of these today to play with.

http://www.smoktek.com/DCT-Pro-Coil-Bottom-Coil-Tank-Cartomizer-for-the-SmokTank-XL_p_876.html

http://www.madvapes.com/dct-pro-coil.html

reviews seemed ok, positive for the most part.

First off, for carto tank people, this looks like a carto, feels like a carto, is packaged like a carto (complete with the flange), but as soon as you pop off the white rubber cap, it looks nothing like a carto. The lack of polyfill will surprise you and, if you're anything like me, make you dubious. (I even hesitate to call it a cartomizer. It's not a "true" cartomizer in the specific sense, in that it does lack the signature polyfill wrap. It looks like a bottom-coil clearo head at the bottom of a carto-shaped tube.)

Well, doubting it completely, I popped a slap yo mama tool on it, filled up an IBTanked with some 50/50 Honey Pearry, let it sit for a few minutes, then hit it. I was using an MVP 2 at 8 watts (1.8 ohm resistance). The vapor production and flavor were identical to my normal Smoktech single coil cartos. I didn't abuse the pro coil, because I don't vape at high voltages/wattages, I just used it like I normally would. That was around 2:30 p.m. this afternoon and it's 10:00 p.m. now. No dry hits, no burnt hits, no flooding, no gurgling. Every hit has been like it was with my normal cartos.

I'm still holding my opinion, but so far, so good. If anyone's interested, I'll update this thread with any news as to flavor, flooding, burnt hits, longevity, etc.

I'm eager to try it with some 100 vg juice. If it can't run Boba's, I'll have to stick to original cartos for it.

EDIT: Mods, wasn't sure where to post this, the cartomizer sub forum or the clearo forum. Re-direct it to wherever you see fit.

Last edited:

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
My phone is a p.o.s. and the pictures wouldn't do the inside of it justice. I'll try to get a better picture tomorrow with a friend's phone. So far it's doing everything my normal cartos do. But I'm weary of anything/everything stock clearo, be they heads/coils/atomizers/single/dual/whathaveyou, so the jury is still out.

My biggest wonder is the wicking material. From close-up inspection it looks like silica, almost like stock Kanger heads, but it definitely doesn't have that stock silica taste or muting. It tastes like, well, gosh darnit, polyfill.

I'm weird in that I usually dissect my cartos after they've died on me. I like to inspect the filler material and the coils. I don't know why. But when this guy gives up the ghost, rest assured he's coming apart and I'm gonna take a deeper look at the guts inside.

Pocha

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I tried these (and the Ikenvape version which appears to be identical/rebranded) with a couple different juices (50/50) and didn't have good luck with them. Occasional dry hits and weird tasting hits...kind of like a bottom coil clearo. Went back to my regular filler cartos. Some people love them though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread