The Squape Reloaded! Best tank RBA coming soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

petemoss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Queens, NY
Should be getting a Reloaded clone within a week and a half - pictures and a review as soon as it gets here!

You'll love it! Easiest build ever and a simple design with little to go wrong.

I hope you're right about the Rose clone since I just ordered one. Aren't clones fun?

petemoss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Queens, NY
Now that I've had the SQr for a week and have experimented with different builds, a couple of observations: first, my rayon wick seems to be growing longer! I start by cutting the rayon flush with the vertical channel. A couple of days later, the vape gets a little dry and I open the SQr and see the wick has grown and now some rayon is hanging half way down the vertical channel! I trim away the vertical part and the vape is juicy again. Next day, the same thing happens. Seems to grow back every time I trim it. Eventually I figured out that some stands of rayon were working itself out of the coil probably because I didn't pack it tight enough initially.

The e-matal coating is supposed to be non-conductive so you cannot short out your coil if it touches the deck. But I found that you can short out a big coil if it touches an edge or corner on the deck near the posts. I tried a 7/64" drill bit (2.8mm) but the coil was too big and was shorting and blocking too much air flow. When I stepped down to a 3/32' (2 MM) bit and packed the coil real tight, my problems disappeared.

Thao

May 27, 2013
Germany
Now that I've had the SQr for a week and have experimented with different builds, a couple of observations: first, my rayon wick seems to be growing longer! I start by cutting the rayon flush with the vertical channel. A couple of days later, the vape gets a little dry and I open the SQr and see the wick has grown and now some rayon is hanging half way down the vertical channel! I trim away the vertical part and the vape is juicy again. Next day, the same thing happens. Seems to grow back every time I trim it. Eventually I figured out that some stands of rayon were working itself out of the coil probably because I didn't pack it tight enough initially.

The e-matal coating is supposed to be non-conductive so you cannot short out your coil if it touches the deck. But I found that you can short out a big coil if it touches an edge or corner on the deck near the posts. I tried a 7/64" drill bit (2.8mm) but the coil was too big and was shorting and blocking too much air flow. When I stepped down to a 3/32' (2 MM) bit and packed the coil real tight, my problems disappeared.

So you had shorts - is it a clone or an authentic SQ R? You can't get shorts by using the authentic SQ R. While the clone has no ematal coating you will get shorts. I checked this. I had to throw away my clone as it falled apart. So, be careful if you use a clone

petemoss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Queens, NY
I managed to buy an authentic SQr in the Classifieds. Almost bought a clone but was worried about what I read about the coating flaking off on the clones. My coil was shorting when it touched an edge of the deck near the positive post. Apparently the ematal coating wasn't thick enough on the edge.

Agree that clones can be hit or miss. But for the considerable price difference, I'm willing to take the risk.

petemoss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Queens, NY
PMMA tank is a plastic tank. The ematal coated deck is coating on the deck only, not the tank. If you read that there was an ematal tank it was almost certainly a typo.

PMMA is the cheapest type of plastic and more prone to cracking from caustic juices. The authentic Squape has the ematal coating on the deck as well as the chimney. Personally I don't see what the big deal is with a non-conductive coating. You should always check to make sure that no part of the coil is touching the deck before and after wicking and double check the resistance and post screws. That's just good building technique.

drmarble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
The squape needs a nonconductive deck since it doesn't have posts. The screws are connected to power below the deck. The coil is clamped between the screws and the deck. If the deck was conductive there would be a dead short between + and -. The coated chimney prevents shorts if a wire or screw touches the chimney. There were lots of problems with these with many clones of the first squape.

Of all the atomizers I've used, drippers included, the Squape Reloaded is SO far above all of them! Mine is serial number 0683! I still use my Russian in the workshop since I don't want to damage the SquapeR, and my wife uses the Russian, so they are good devices...just not as good as the SquapeR. I'm on the waiting/email notification list with VapeRev for the next release of the SquapeR and the Wide Deck...since mine only came with the standard. I'll be buying at least the wide deck, and probably another SquapeR since they are so awesome!

Kev

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread